VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

possibly bad fuel econ? not sure the problem.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dieseldog12 
#1 ·
The build i'm at is almost stock besides a Neuspeed power mod at 93 octane, CTS intake, and a muffler delete. whenever im accelerating ill get about 9 mpg in 1st and 2nd gear, then 15 in 3rd, and it will get to 26 ish just cruising at 2000 rpm in 4th, not 100% sure about the mpg cruising at 4th that's just what i remember whenever I've looked at it.

honestly this could just be a normal car doing normal car things, the car doesn't seem to be running rich or lean, so please let me know if i'm just being a paranoid dummy.

let me know if that doesn't sound right and ask any questions or tests you'd like me to do if that would help.

#2 ·
Turbo charged engines can suck fuel like no other when accelerating. The 1.8t isn't considered thrifty in city driving especially while accelerating.

drive around and calculate the MPG over a full tank of fuel, I wouldn't be shocked if i just did city driving i got low 20's high teens in our stockish 1.8t with 4Mo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.