Fourtitude.com - Trying to find replacement splash guard (not engine) for Mk6 JSW TDI
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 05-01-2019 09:38 AM #1

I purchased a used 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI from a dealership a few months ago. I recently had the wheels aligned, and the mechanic made a note on the service invoice that they found "a hanging piece of plastic" on the bottom of the car. I checked it out, and found the plastic shield on the passenger side of the car appears to have been damaged when the previous owner(s) bottomed the car out on something.

It is hanging down, and I guess it is causing some aerodynamic issues, as my sister commented on hearing a lot of wind noise from under the car. With my hearing (tinitus) it's hard to tell.

I have been searching the internet - including this, and other forums - parts suppliers, even the official VWUSA website for this part. It doesn't seem to exist.

I would like to replace it, as I am guessing it is causing a slight drop in MPG (avg. 36 city/43 hwy), and I want to protect all of the systems that are hidden up underneath, not to mention I worry that it will act as a snow plow when next winter arrives.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      05-02-2019 07:36 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by grandstick View Post

I purchased a used 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI from a dealership a few months ago. I recently had the wheels aligned, and the mechanic made a note on the service invoice that they found "a hanging piece of plastic" on the bottom of the car. I checked it out, and found the plastic shield on the passenger side of the car appears to have been damaged when the previous owner(s) bottomed the car out on something.

It is hanging down, and I guess it is causing some aerodynamic issues, as my sister commented on hearing a lot of wind noise from under the car. With my hearing (tinitus) it's hard to tell.

I have been searching the internet - including this, and other forums - parts suppliers, even the official VWUSA website for this part. It doesn't seem to exist.

I would like to replace it, as I am guessing it is causing a slight drop in MPG (avg. 36 city/43 hwy), and I want to protect all of the systems that are hidden up underneath, not to mention I worry that it will act as a snow plow when next winter arrives.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul
      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ght/5c6825202/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...eft/5c6825201/

Confirm # with dealer