Ok so here is the deal.
bought a 2002 Audi TT 225 back in 2016. Here is the original thread:
Anyways.... i was having suspension creaks, squeaks, and clunks. Typical for a 17 year old car that probably didn't have the suspension treated in a while.
So fast forward to today (well a few weeks ago) and i've finally forked out the cash to upgrade the components underneath. Here's what we've tackled:
- KW Suspension V1
- PowerFlex poly Strut bushings
- PowerFlex poly Sway Bar bushings (F&R)
- PowerFlex poly Subframe bushings (F&R)
- Gruven Rear Control Arms
- Rear control arm bushings (OEM)
- Front Control arms (Poly in rear part/OEM for front - this kit we had was for an mk4 so the fronts didnít fit the TT arms)
- PowerFlex poly dog mount inserts (full refresh)
- front ball joints
- sway bar links (F&R)
Remaining Parts to add:
- trailing arm bushings (OEM)
- rear bushings for upper control arms (OEM)
- ECS Engine and Transmission mounts
My mechanic and I are knocking our heads trying to figure out where some of the noise is still coming from. It happens mostly on bumpy city roads. Sounds like there is some tension on a component or like metal twisting in some cases in the rear. Sometimes it sounds like a hanging piece of metal bouncing on something. The front also has a clunk/squeak when i go over bumps. It really is annoying and hard to figure out.
Does anyone have ANY insight as to what it may be? I'm really finding it hard to believe that after upgrading all these parts that there are still issues with the suspension. Would love some feedback and help.
Thank you in advance