VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Anyone know where I can source a hood deflector?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  strangetdi 
#1 ·
Looking to see where I can source them. Everywhere I see is overseas and some don't ship to the USA.

#2 ·
Like these:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
80s, 90s...today

80s - people got car bras
90s/early-00s - people got hood deflectors
mid-00s onward - clear bra/PPF becomes the norm

We've come a long way and thankfully so. Don't go back to the 90s.

Additionally I have to say, the 8Ps front end, the way the hood curves down and the bumper design, it really doesn't look like it's "meant" to have something like a hood deflector--just looks awkward and out of place, IMO.

I mean whatever floats your boat, it's your car, but there are actually some cars that look decent with a deflector on. The 8P A3 is not one of them.

#6 ·
80s - people got car bras
90s/early-00s - people got hood deflectors
mid-00s onward - clear bra/PPF becomes the norm

We've come a long way and thankfully so. Don't go back to the 90s.

Additionally I have to say, the 8Ps front end, the way the hood curves down and the bumper design, it really doesn't look like it's "meant" to have something like a hood deflector--just looks awkward and out of place, IMO.

I mean whatever floats your boat, it's your car, but there are actually some cars that look decent with a deflector on. The 8P A3 is not one of them.
I love it.

#10 ·
Thats a bra bro, not a deflector. You could also use google to learn the difference. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Or you could get some taste to begin with and just go with clear bra. BRO! What are you like 12?

#12 ·
This guy :rolleyes:....relax pal. If you dish it, you gotta be able to take it....Bras are easy to find, deflectors are not. If I was thinking about a bra, dark or clear, I wouldn't have even asked the question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.