Fourtitude.com - 1.8 TSI stock boost values
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 04-20-2019 07:57 PM #1
      Hi guys, I finally installed a Neuspeed Power Module on my 2014 Jetta 5 speed about a week ago and am loving the extra power. Today I had time on my hand and decided to use my Autel scanner to grab some boost pressure live data (both to make sure that I have no boost leaks and to see how much boost the car is asking/making).

A little surprised with the results so I am wondering if someone here can chip in. My actual and requested readings are both very close (within .1bar) so I am happy that I have no boost leaks. The only question I have though is with regards to the displayed values.

Does anyone know how much boost manual transmission 1.8 TSI cars are making? Using my quick math and subtracting atmospheric pressure I came out with about 9psi peaks... seems a little low especially considering the fact that the Neuspeed Power Module is supposed to be adding 4psi to whatever VW was making...

Is it possible that the 9psi is what they came out of the factory with and that the Power Module additions aren’t registered in the Boost Pressure Sensor?

Would love to hear from someone who knows about this.
      2008 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, 6 speed
      2001 VW GTI 1.8T, 5 speed, GIAC Chip, Xenons, Lightweight Flywheel (Sold 2009)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Semi-n00b
      Cars
      2014/VW/Passat S
      05-10-2019 03:17 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by AlbGuy40 View Post
      Hi guys, I finally installed a Neuspeed Power Module on my 2014 Jetta 5 speed about a week ago and am loving the extra power. Today I had time on my hand and decided to use my Autel scanner to grab some boost pressure live data (both to make sure that I have no boost leaks and to see how much boost the car is asking/making).

A little surprised with the results so I am wondering if someone here can chip in. My actual and requested readings are both very close (within .1bar) so I am happy that I have no boost leaks. The only question I have though is with regards to the displayed values.

Does anyone know how much boost manual transmission 1.8 TSI cars are making? Using my quick math and subtracting atmospheric pressure I came out with about 9psi peaks... seems a little low especially considering the fact that the Neuspeed Power Module is supposed to be adding 4psi to whatever VW was making...

Is it possible that the 9psi is what they came out of the factory with and that the Power Module additions aren’t registered in the Boost Pressure Sensor?

Would love to hear from someone who knows about this.
      I plan on buying an OBDeleven soon and it may have a boost gauge from what i was told? Im not sure but if it does ill let you know what i get stock and what i get with the Neuspeed on 93 octane/ 100 octane mode with 93 fuel.

4. Member
      Cars
      2018 Sportwagen Comfortline DAP, LP 4Motion 6MT
      05-12-2019 07:44 PM #3
      I have a boost gauge on my stock 2018 SportWagen.

Max boost is right around 13 PSI