Fourtitude.com - Summer tires when Michelin doesn’t make your size.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      04-15-2019 03:41 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by the_paddock View Post
      Believe it or not, not everyone is a blowhard trying to win in a 15k spec miata (that could easily win Runoffs) on the street.
      lol how was/is the ban going?
      Quote Originally Posted by VigorousZX View Post
      In their unquenchable thirst for world domination, the aristocrats tax peoples time so as to keep its cattle viewed populations forever in servitude. They have gone as far as brainwashing and banning the western world that marrying your first cousin is forbidden and results in retardation... and thus have disturbed human evolutionary densities because broken families are easier to control and will better fall into debt slavery.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      A Rabbit with a snail.
      04-15-2019 04:11 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by BluMagic View Post
      FYI in my experience s.drives run wide so you might rub more
      Compared to the PS3s they run wide and short. I have a set that are aged out on the wheels going on the mk2 gti.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      ah, literally none of these.

extreme contact sport if you must (and raise it to fit the 205), but the re71r is the ticket you want, also in 205. the 195 isnt as fast. running so low you can't fit a 205 on a car, is running it too low, period.
      I have level control arms with roll center/bump steer correction. The ride high is set. It’s more an offset issue. On the two sets of wheels, they are both as extreme as a 15x7 can be on a rabbit. One set is et20, which rubs on the fender at full tilt. Other set is et35, which barely has room to stick a business card between the strut and the wheel. I can’t go a wider tire with either wheel.
      And the car is modified to the point that I am in Street Modified for AutoX. Even with 205s, I am not going to be competitive.

-Jon
      ig:badrabbithabit Formerly known as: monoaural

Cars
      A Rabbit with a snail.
      04-15-2019 04:14 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      But if you have more grip, and you don't use it, then you're being more responsible.

I haven't driven all of those tires, but I have driven Sean's 911 on S Drives. It was ok at best.
      Yah, I don’t think S.Drives are a winner.

And you overestimate my self control.
      -Jon

5. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      04-15-2019 04:38 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Bad Rabbit Habit View Post
      And you overestimate my self control.
      Don't worry, I won't give you a lecture on that.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

6. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      04-15-2019 11:48 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Don't worry, I won't give you a lecture on that.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Cars
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      04-17-2019 02:58 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Bad Rabbit Habit View Post
      So, I got lucky on a set of imported Pilot Sport 3s for the rabbit. I really enjoy them, but the rally to Radwood LA, the rally to CRR Rewind, and then CRR rewind has them nearly to the wear bars. The comfort, the gradual break away when you abused them the lack of noise was awesome. I wish they would make PS4s in “radwood” sizes.
      I previously had Toyo T1Rs, but they were loud and harsh. Admittedly they were 45 series instead of 50 series.
      Options available:
      BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2
      Direzza DZ102
      Yokohama S.Drive

What would you buy?

There are a bunch of 200 tread wear options, but I think those would heat cycle out, and won’t deal with dusty roads well.
      I have the G-Forces on my Mazda 2 (yay 15s). They're better than the other two options, but they're very obviously a 7 year old tire now. The grip is pretty good, but not near the level of modern tires in the class, much less ax tires. They're fairly noisy (and I run R-S3s on the Subaru) and the ride is a bit harsher (though not as bad a the subaru, but it also has metal bushings).
      I'd say they're pretty similar to Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs (speaking of old as **** tires) in road performance with a slight edge to the Gforces in rain and I think the ZIIIs were a bit more civilized.

15 inch tires that aren't AX tires is hard has hell.

FWIW, I only put 4k on these tires a year, but the tread life isn't looking that great. I sort of wonder if a modern 200 tire wouldn't do that much worse. I'm thinking I may only get 3 years out of them, which is pretty poor given my car is like 2300lbs with 98 ftlbs. I got like 8000 with the subaru on star specs, which was way worse with tires one time I did minimal track/auto-x on them.

My only fear with a lot of the modern 200 tires is that they now say they can't be on a car, even parked, in temps under 20F, which generally never happens here, but I'd ****ing hate to have to a cold snap where my car is parked outside over night and have to spend a ****ton on new tires when they cracked.
      Last edited by nm+; 04-17-2019 at 03:05 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

Cars
      A Rabbit with a snail.
      04-17-2019 10:04 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      I have the G-Forces on my Mazda 2 (yay 15s). They're better than the other two options, but they're very obviously a 7 year old tire now. The grip is pretty good, but not near the level of modern tires in the class, much less ax tires. They're fairly noisy (and I run R-S3s on the Subaru) and the ride is a bit harsher (though not as bad a the subaru, but it also has metal bushings).
      I'd say they're pretty similar to Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs (speaking of old as **** tires) in road performance with a slight edge to the Gforces in rain and I think the ZIIIs were a bit more civilized.

15 inch tires that aren't AX tires is hard has hell.

FWIW, I only put 4k on these tires a year, but the tread life isn't looking that great. I sort of wonder if a modern 200 tire wouldn't do that much worse. I'm thinking I may only get 3 years out of them, which is pretty poor given my car is like 2300lbs with 98 ftlbs. I got like 8000 with the subaru on star specs, which was way worse with tires one time I did minimal track/auto-x on them.

My only fear with a lot of the modern 200 tires is that they now say they can't be on a car, even parked, in temps under 20F, which generally never happens here, but I'd ****ing hate to have to a cold snap where my car is parked outside over night and have to spend a ****ton on new tires when they cracked.
      And I was just about to order them from Costco. Might be Star Spec time.
      -Jon

9. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      04-17-2019 10:11 AM #33
      FWIW, I liked the DZ102’s I had on my NA Miata...but that was 4+ years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12