VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Criagslist To Start Charging To List Vehicles.

7K views 76 replies 43 participants last post by  PoorHouse 
#1 ·
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a27126069/craigslist-car-seller-fee/

Craigslist is a haven for the car-obsessed. The site's car buying and selling section is a simple, easy way to find cool cars for sale, or sell a car without fuss. In the 20-plus years of the site's existence, the service has been free, whether you were buying or selling a car, truck, or anything else. Well, that's about to change. Starting April 15th, 2019, Craigslist will now implement a $5 fee to list a car or truck for sale.

The news comes from Craigslist's listing page. If you go to list a car or truck by owner, a message on the side of the selection box reads "please note - $5 fee per ad starting April 15." The news first appeared on Reddit, and I was able to find the message myself when going through the listing process.

#61 ·
It looked like it happened to every non-dealer ad posted before April 15. I had saved favorites (starred them on the site itself) on two different devices and 90% of them disappeared a few days ago.

#64 ·
Is Craigslist dead now?(for private party car sales).

I don’t see jack squat on there for classics now. Like are guys asking $5000-$50000 for a car too cheap to pay $5 to post? I mean that’s less than a beer ffs.

I’ve read Facebook may take over on jalapnik but cmon that site is horrible for browsing and searching plus Facebook is super lame [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#66 ·
Is Craigslist dead now?(for private party car sales).

I don’t see jack squat on there for classics now. Like are guys asking $5000-$50000 for a car too cheap to pay $5 to post? I mean that’s less than a beer ffs.

I’ve read Facebook may take over on jalapnik but cmon that site is horrible for browsing and searching plus Facebook is super lame [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say that private party sales in general are only a fraction of what it once was, be it Craigslist or otherwise. Most Americans are willing to take a bath on their trade-in to avoid the hassle of wading through scam e-mails to find real buyers, plus the media always sensationalizing each story of a person getting murdered when they met someone from Craigslist.

In the 80s and 90s I always bought private party, and even the AutoTrader (both the site and the magazine) was full of private sellers. Now it is almost impossible to find a private seller for a given mainstream car, but I still try to find them, and I always sell my own car on Craigslist.

#76 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.