Fourtitude.com - Game of Thrones Season 8
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 166
    1. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2008
      Location
      Brit living in VA
      Posts
      2,224
      Cars
      2006 A4 Avant
      05-13-2019 04:39 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by stevevr6 View Post
      Tyrion will kill Dani but then takes off the face revealing it's really Arya. They are about the same height.... lol
      Green eyes

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      15,589
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      05-13-2019 07:30 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      My wife and I laughed at that. Cersei was like, "Pardon me, I just need to... excuse me while I just sl... I begyerpardon, I'm just gonna... Oh, hey there Sandor, can I just get by thank you very much... Well, be seeing you... Yep, just gonna head this way..."

    4. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-14-2019 11:36 AM #128

    5. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-15-2019 07:12 AM #129

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2008
      Location
      Brit living in VA
      Posts
      2,224
      Cars
      2006 A4 Avant
      05-15-2019 10:02 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post


    7. Member stevevr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 13th, 2002
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      8,890
      Cars
      1997 GTI R32
      05-15-2019 10:36 AM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Some of these are great.

      @VRBOY666

    8. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-16-2019 11:51 AM #132
      I’m starting to get really tired of all the “Daenerys burning Kings Landing was out of character “ takes across the media.

      Daenerys has always vowed vengeance, chased power, and killed whomever she wanted to to get it. Sure she let some slaves free, but only so they’d follow her and fight for her. She only has power because of the Dragons and she’s ruled and conquered with fear and fire all along.

      They’ve RUSHED the storyline this season, for sure. But this has been Telegraphed since day 1.

      There are a LOT of gaping, obvious, plot holes this season. I don’t think the Mad Queen’s story is one of them.

      Seems a lot of GoT viewers wanted Daenerys to be a Disney princess or something.

      https://www.inverse.com/article/5583...ng-40-examples

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2012
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      1,398
      Cars
      '17 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
      05-16-2019 02:15 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I’m starting to get really tired of all the “Daenerys burning Kings Landing was out of character “ takes across the media.

      Daenerys has always vowed vengeance, chased power, and killed whomever she wanted to to get it. Sure she let some slaves free, but only so they’d follow her and fight for her. She only has power because of the Dragons and she’s ruled and conquered with fear and fire all along.

      They’ve RUSHED the storyline this season, for sure. But this has been Telegraphed since day 1.

      There are a LOT of gaping, obvious, plot holes this season. I don’t think the Mad Queen’s story is one of them.

      Seems a lot of GoT viewers wanted Daenerys to be a Disney princess or something.

      https://www.inverse.com/article/5583...ng-40-examples
      She has NEVER slaughtered innocents.
      You can't find a prior example or even a hint of that.
      That is the issue. It's always been people that stood in her way or wronged her.
      Even when she crucified the masters in Meereen and finds out Hizdahr zo Loraq's father spoke out against the crimes, she allows him to take his body down for proper burial.

      The thing is, if she was that enraged at Cersei (I would be), she could have went right to the Red Keep and burned that mother down.
      Instead she took out the entire city. And what's more is that the effing city surrendered!! She won!!!
      Then she's just like .... nahhh you all die. It's weak.

      But like I said in a prior post, I'm okay with the turn.
      As you said, it was rushed. I think we needed some other, smaller actions to get us to this point. Maybe have it unfold differently.
      Last edited by kal-el21; 05-16-2019 at 02:57 PM.

    10. Chili Bigot Seabird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Posts
      19,022
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      05-16-2019 03:59 PM #134
      This is a pretty good DOG article kind of outlining what a lot of people are saying; that Dany's heel turn has been hinted and foreshadowed, but the actual pivot was too abrupt.

      https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/game...SGjT7wJ_KyfsFo
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

    11. 05-16-2019 04:36 PM #135
      Think of all the people who named their daughters Khaleesi.

    12. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-16-2019 05:59 PM #136

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2012
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      1,398
      Cars
      '17 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
      05-17-2019 09:03 AM #137
      That photo supposed to mean something?
      They were soldiers and stood in open defiance to her.

      And Randyll was a dick anyways! lol

    14. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-17-2019 09:38 AM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by kal-el21 View Post
      That photo supposed to mean something?
      They were soldiers and stood in open defiance to her.

      And Randyll was a dick anyway! lol
      I literally posted that picture to see how you'd react to it. I'm sorry

      I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Dani. Yes, her heel turn is being rushed, but it's been telegraphed since day 1 and I think people are WAY overreacting about this because too many people seemed to want her to be something she never was or was never going to be. A lot of women in my life seemed to have thought she was Elsa with dragons. What she is, is wounded megalomaniac with the greatest weapons(s) in the Realm, who feels like she deserves the Iron throne and will burn anyone in her way to get it.

      fwiw, I 100% think they should have just had her fly to the Red Keep and destroy it and Cersei. Would have been a much better ending to the episode. But given how she was always going to be the Mad Queen and given that they (stupidly) only gave themselves a couple of episodes to make that turn happen, this was the inevitable decent.



      I'd be stunned if GRRM writes her ending any differently, or more softly.


    15. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-17-2019 09:47 AM #139
      Daenerys Targaryen: A teenager with nukes.
      https://mashable.com/article/game-of...ells-analysis/

      The greatest problem in this regard was Daenerys Targaryen. She has become a powerful icon in the geek community and beyond, beloved by cosplayers, practically a Disney princess. She filled a gap in the culture: We were crying out, and still are, for more portrayals of strong female leadership. Her blend of fragility and steely charisma — portrayed to perfection by Emilia Clarke — won as many hearts and minds in our world as she failed to win in Westeros.

      So much so that for years, it was hard to remember what she really is, and what she has always been in this story, worldwide fandom or no.

      The debate about whether Dany's massacre of King's Landing was sufficiently foreshadowed has been raging online since the episode aired, so I'm not going to rehash it here. This video does a pretty good job of collecting eight seasons' worth of receipts:



      Sure, the showrunners could have given us a longer look at her inner turmoil. By killing off most of her main advisors, they painted themselves into a corner. Anyone she could have had that dialogue with was gone. Maybe she could have had a longer chat with Tyrion or Grey Worm. Regardless, it was still very clear that Dany was hungry, angry, lonely, and tired. As any addict or codependent knows, that state of mind portends the worst.

      But the strongest argument for the episode's twist is this: It was baked into the character from the beginning, no matter how much we loved her.
      And then there was the burning of the Tarlys, one of the least noticed but most telling moments of season 7. I've seen otherwise reasonable people defend Dany for killing Samwell's father and brother in this grisly manner with arguments that don't withstand a second of scrutiny. They were enemy combatants! (Nope, they had surrendered; in our world, that would be a clear-cut war crime.) They refused to recognize her authority! (Okay, imprison them.) They were mean to Samwell! (So we're burning people alive for being mean now?)

      All along, Dany has been telling us who she really was, and we should have believed her the first time. "I'm going to break the wheel," she said, and we thought she meant the metaphorical wheel that keeps the downtrodden down. What she actually meant was the metaphorical wheel that kept her family off the throne. She might as well have yelled "Targaryens forever!"

    16. Chili Bigot Seabird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Posts
      19,022
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      05-17-2019 10:04 AM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I literally posted that picture to see how you'd react to it. I'm sorry

      I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Dani. Yes, her heel turn is being rushed, but it's been telegraphed since day 1 and I think people are WAY overreacting about this because too many people seemed to want her to be something she never was or was never going to be. A lot of women in my life seemed to have thought she was Elsa with dragons. What she is, is wounded megalomaniac with the greatest weapons(s) in the Realm, who feels like she deserves the Iron throne and will burn anyone in her way to get it.

      fwiw, I 100% think they should have just had her fly to the Red Keep and destroy it and Cersei. Would have been a much better ending to the episode. But given how she was always going to be the Mad Queen and given that they (stupidly) only gave themselves a couple of episodes to make that turn happen, this was the inevitable decent.



      I'd be stunned if GRRM writes her ending any differently, or more softly.

      I don't want to be left out.

      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

    17. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-17-2019 10:05 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      I don't want to be left out.

      Fantastic.

    18. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      05-17-2019 10:06 AM #142
      The lasting legacy of this final season of Game of Thrones will be the Memes. The Memes are off the chain.


    19. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2012
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      1,398
      Cars
      '17 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
      05-17-2019 11:14 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      The lasting legacy of this final season of Game of Thrones will be the Memes. The Memes are off the chain.

      Oh that is pure gold.

    20. Member DarkSideGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2001
      Location
      SL,UT
      Posts
      17,168
      Cars
      Bagged R32T, 2015 S3, 2001 4Runner
      05-17-2019 11:46 AM #144
      One I made yesterday. Although I should have changed it from Jamie to the writers.


    21. Member ElixXxeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      7,162
      Cars
      9.5 Brannock
      05-18-2019 11:20 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by Mashable View Post
      But the strongest argument for the episode's twist is this: It was baked into the character from the beginning, no matter how much we loved her.
      Yes, we know. Literally anyone who watches the show knows this. Every defense of the cliff-dive in quality makes the same insipid observation. The problem is not what happened, but how it happened. Throwing these well-developed characters under the bus to create simple plot devices is most unfortunate.

    22. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      20,919
      Cars
      Fake Rich C300 & Insight 3.0
      Today 07:12 AM #146
      Congratulations to the producers/writers for quickly finishing the job by copy-pasta using the Hunger Games plot.

      I've been reading the producers want to move on quickly and start working on a new Star Wars trilogy. That's find and all but why couldn't HBO tell them to give a proper length sendoff to GoT and if not then find new producers for the final season(s).

      What a terrible way to close an era. Dexter/Sienfield fans can finally feel redeemed that another show took to worst ending crown.

    23. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      20,919
      Cars
      Fake Rich C300 & Insight 3.0
      Today 08:09 AM #147
      Boarding the meme train.

      Last edited by 2.0T_Convert; Today at 08:12 AM.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2nd, 2012
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      1,398
      Cars
      '17 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
      Today 08:48 AM #148
      No problems with any of those character endings. It's in line thematically.

      But I felt nothing due to the breakneck pace.

      This show has exhausted me.

    25. Member Sortafast's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta
      Posts
      7,010
      Cars
      2013 Charger R/T Road & Track, 2015 Mini Cooper S 4Dr
      Today 10:02 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by kal-el21 View Post
      No problems with any of those character endings. It's in line thematically.

      But I felt nothing due to the breakneck pace.
      Yep. I don't have an issue with where the characters ended up, it was just SUDDENLY THE END.

      Meh.

    26. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,136
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      Today 10:52 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      Yep. I don't have an issue with where the characters ended up, it was just SUDDENLY THE END.

      Meh.
      Quote Originally Posted by kal-el21 View Post
      No problems with any of those character endings. It's in line thematically.

      But I felt nothing due to the breakneck pace.

      This show has exhausted me.
      Agreed. I don't know how it all could have ended differently but to compress it all into 1 season (even with the long episodes) really blunted all of it.

      Last night felt like an Epilogue in a book, not the Grand Finale I think we all wanted.

    Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Game of Thrones season 3!
      By rabbit07 in forum Movies and Television
      Replies: 416
      Last Post: 04-20-2014, 04:03 PM
    2. Game Of Thrones Season 2 !
      By MonsterM in forum Movies and Television
      Replies: 352
      Last Post: 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM
    3. Games of Thrones Season 2 most pirated show on the net
      By Vision33r in forum Movies and Television
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-10-2012, 04:56 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •