VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which clutch would you suggest?

923 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TheDeckMan 
#1 ·
My clutch may be on it's way out, waiting to see, but after doing a **** ton of research I find so many mixed reviews that it's difficult to find a good company that won't cost me a life-savings. I have an 01 TT Quattro Roadster (6-speed) and I'm wondering what clutch company you would suggest? I should be around stage 2 after a few items come in so I want something that will be able to hold more torque than OEM.

#2 ·
Southbend and Spec tend to be my top two picks depending on needs. Shoot me a message and I'd be happy to help you out with what setup would be best for your uses, and can hook you up with it as well!

#3 ·
I'd stay away from spec. I had a stage 4 and nothing but problems. And to many horror stories. If you plan on staying stock or even tune then I'd stay stock style clutch. Or stage 1. If your going big turbo I'd say clutch master fx400.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
x2

Done this on both TT's and Four Season's setup works fantastic. Stay away from SPEC, absolute garbage that when it fails they wont do jack about it. My Spec failed after 8k miles and they came up with some BS that they would not cover it as it was not aligned within .001 Total indicated run out which is impossible to do by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.