Fourtitude.com

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      07-31-2020 02:41 PM #701
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
      Well, I’ve got the beer and the million buck view

I mean that's pretty nice but can you see a shark????

Shark by Chris Stack, on Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      German Stage Zwei, Murican Appliance
      07-31-2020 02:45 PM #702
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Shame, since there are 9,999 other lakes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars
      North American German crap and German German crap
      07-31-2020 02:46 PM #703
      Quote Originally Posted by Pushrods View Post
      Yeah boss, pretty sure you win right now.
      No chance.

<----millenial

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      I mean that's pretty nice but can you see a shark????
      No sharks, possibly some drunk kids from a few cabins over on a koffler.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

5. 07-31-2020 02:51 PM #704
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      I mean that's pretty nice but can you see a shark???

Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women.

2017 Chevy SS | 1977 Trans Am
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

07-31-2020 02:53 PM #705
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      My mom and stepfather are on Lake Minnetonka and brought a 1990 Carver from Racine WI docked in Lake Michigan 4 years ago and have absolutely poured money into it.

Minnetonka is ridiculously busy on weekends, it's been so unpleasant to go out for rides out there with small children who are curious about all of the spaces to explore while the boat is being beat around by waves, having to put the bimini down to get under bridges and then back up...and now it needs a full motor rebuild or replace. They're tapping out and just trying to get like $7k out of it while they still owe more than that just to get cut losses and get out from it.

Meanwhile, I have quite enjoyed walking my kayak a block down the street to the lake and paddling the chain of lakes I'm on.
      Why would you put a tri-cabin motoryacht on Minnetonka?

They should sell, and replace it with smaller and newer.

My rule is over 24 feet, and boats start getting less-fun REALLY fast.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

7. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      07-31-2020 03:22 PM #706
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      Why would you put a tri-cabin motoryacht on Minnetonka?

They should sell, and replace it with smaller and newer.

My rule is over 24 feet, and boats start getting less-fun REALLY fast.
      My mom has a condo with a slip on Minnetonka. They put a lot of sweat equity into cleaning it up, replacing the carpet and brightwork, etc.

They thought they were going to camp out on it on weekends, have their grandkids stay overnight on it. Delusions of grandeur. Reality is we all live on the opposite side of town, so it's an hour drive even on the weekends, my kids are either too old (now 16) or too young (4 and 6), so we got out on it as a family once or twice a year. Lots of effort for only a few hours of enjoyment. They've had a few big get-togethers on it, but because it's so compartmentalized, you're never in conversational distance with more than 3 or so other people at a time anyway. I tried to tell her that a pontoon would be just as if not more entertaining given the lack of time we have in our schedules to make it over to the west end of Lake Minnetonka with a lot less of the burden.

There are quite a few of these kind of boats on the water out there, but it's more for the crowd that lives in Minneapolis but then weekends out at the marinas on their boat, and might toot over to Big Island and then to Maynards or Lord Fletcher's.

8. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      07-31-2020 03:24 PM #707
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Shame, since there are 9,999 other lakes available.
      "No one goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Cars
      North American German crap and German German crap
      07-31-2020 03:29 PM #708
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      My mom has a condo with a slip on Minnetonka. They put a lot of sweat equity into cleaning it up, replacing the carpet and brightwork, etc.

They thought they were going to camp out on it on weekends, have their grandkids stay overnight on it. Delusions of grandeur. Reality is we all live on the opposite side of town, so it's an hour drive even on the weekends, my kids are either too old (now 16) or too young (4 and 6), so we got out on it as a family once or twice a year. Lots of effort for only a few hours of enjoyment. They've had a few big get-togethers on it, but because it's so compartmentalized, you're never in conversational distance with more than 3 or so other people at a time anyway. I tried to tell her that a pontoon would be just as if not more entertaining given the lack of time we have in our schedules to make it over to the west end of Lake Minnetonka with a lot less of the burden.

There are quite a few of these kind of boats on the water out there, but it's more for the crowd that lives in Minneapolis but then weekends out at the marinas on their boat, and might toot over to Big Island and then to Maynards or Lord Fletcher's.
      You could always drive it up to Duluth and hit Lake Superior.

...but then you'd be in Duluth...which I wouldn't recommend.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      07-31-2020 03:32 PM #709

You could get the sh*ts from the well water.

(Just watched this the other night, still hilarious)
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

11. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      07-31-2020 03:36 PM #710

I adore Duluth, but seeing as how we make it out to Mound pretty infrequently, I don't think going 3 hours north is going to improve that.

She works full time still, so the condo and the lake work out well for her lifestyle - she already lives full time at the cabin that the boat intended to represent. She just doesn't need the burden of a 30 year old dumpster fire. They need something they can just get in and go for a cruise after work or the weekend. Hopefully there's enough demand right now that they can get this bigass albatross sold.

12. 08-01-2020 02:52 AM #711
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      I have no idea what you’re going on about. I’m not being a dick, but those aren’t pontoons.

We're talking about boats that everyone likes, and you keep talking about boats that only you like. No one cares about those boats. Please stop. You are adding nothing.

13. Member
      Cars
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant, 04 Beetle Turbo S
      08-01-2020 11:09 AM #712
      Quote Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post
      We're talking about boats that everyone likes, and you keep talking about boats that only you like. No one cares about those boats. Please stop. You are adding nothing.
      Yeah this is a boat thread and I’m going to talk about whatever boat I want.

Speaking of which, cheapest way to go fast is a hydrostream viper. You can usually find them for under 3k, and w a 115 and a good prop will hit over 60. W a 150 75-85 is possible. Pretty crazy hull; at full tilt barely anything is in the water other than the gear case and part of the hull about the size of a waterski.
      Absolutely incredible performance/dollar.

Last edited by ADDvanced; 08-01-2020 at 02:52 PM.

14. 08-01-2020 06:00 PM #713

Speaking of which, cheapest way to go fast is a hydrostream viper. You can usually find them for under 3k, and w a 115 and a good prop will hit over 60. W a 150 75-85 is possible. Pretty crazy hull; at full tilt barely anything is in the water other than the gear case and part of the hull about the size of a waterski.
      Absolutely incredible performance/dollar.

Until you break it in half and the engine and transom are your backrest, and/or it breaks you in half. Those boats are scary fun.

I saw one clip a sandbar doing 50+ and the engine was lying inside the boat. Guy was standing beside the boat in ankle deep water just staring at at. We offered him a tow, but I think it would've sunk.
      Last edited by Aseras; 08-01-2020 at 06:03 PM.

15. Member
      Cars
      08-01-2020 06:02 PM #714
      Yeah to run high hp outboards it requires some beefing up of the transom. I think from the factory they were only rated for 115ish

16. 08-01-2020 06:21 PM #715

That’s great, have a blast.

The problem we have with you is when you proceed to sh*t all over the boats everyone else owns or wants to talk about.

Common courtesy. This isn’t hard.
      2017 Chevy SS | 1977 Trans Am
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

17. 08-01-2020 06:37 PM #716
      Y
      Speaking of which, cheapest way to go fast is a 200+ hp Yamaha Waverunner
      FTFY 70+ mph.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

18. Member
      Cars
      08-01-2020 09:58 PM #717
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      FTFY 70+ mph.
      Sounds expensive. How much does a 200+hp waverunner cost?

19. Member
      Cars
      08-01-2020 10:10 PM #718
      Quote Originally Posted by Pushrods View Post
      That’s great, have a blast.

The problem we have with you is when you proceed to sh*t all over the boats everyone else owns or wants to talk about.

Common courtesy. This isn’t hard.
      It's called being a boat enthusiast.

This is the car lounge, correct?

And as car enthusiasts, what is the common viewpoint of CUVs?

Tall cars that don't offroad and handle worse than a normal car and use more gas but aren't faster?

We make fun of CUVs because they're nothing an 'enthusiast' would ever want to own. Are they practical? Sure. Which is why boring people who live in suburbs buy them up, which is why companies produce them. But the actual enthusiasts will always talk **** about them, just like I'm going to talk **** about pontoons.

Do people like the space? Are they comfortable? Are they a good 'deal'? Do they do what you want to do, putz around on the water? Yup. But get real. Nobody is passionate about them. Nobody is finding a 1976 Pontoon, abandoned int the woods, and being like OMG THIS THING IS SO AWESOME and rebuilding it from the ground up. There's no passion with pontoons. They're the Nissan Rogues of the water, a large amount of vehicle per dollar, not exceptionally good at anything from a performance or efficiency standpoint, and you can get a decently optioned one for not much money with not much credit.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, I'm not insulting you, I've expressed my opinion in a polite manner and backed up the reasoning behind it, complete with a comparison to a lateral market.... but everyone who I consider a boat enthusiast (and some of them even OWN pontoons)... they like them alright, for when family comes over, but their heart/passion is always set on a different sort of boat, imho. Feel free to disagree, but don't tell me to stay silent.

Looking forward to response; I'm expecting a love letter that not only romanticizes the ingenuity of Ambrose Weere, but also waxes poetically about achieving your life long dreams of becoming a pontoon owner. Pissed off? Go look at the cars you listed in your sig. There's a reason you put those cars in your sig, and not a v6 malibu wagon.
      Last edited by ADDvanced; 08-01-2020 at 10:14 PM.

20. 08-01-2020 10:38 PM #719
      $7-8k you should be able to find a nice clean Yamaha FX SHO.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

21. Member
      Cars
      08-01-2020 10:39 PM #720
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      $7-8k you should be able to find a nice clean Yamaha FX SHO.
      Wow. That is pretty cheap to hit 70! Figured it would be over 10

Cars
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      08-01-2020 10:49 PM #721
      A top of the line 300hp jetski is about $17k. Even a 170hp jetski brings insanely fast acceleration. Dropping $10k on a new jetski is more than enough to have a blast.
      Slow Car Fast

23. Member
      Cars
      08-01-2020 11:02 PM #722
      I grew up w them. My main issue is as soon as you turn the key off they sort of suck. Can’t really chill on them like a boat. Def fun tho! We had a 95 XP. Super fun to beat on.

24. 08-01-2020 11:30 PM #723
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      A top of the line 300hp jetski is about $17k. Even a 170hp jetski brings insanely fast acceleration. Dropping $10k on a new jetski is more than enough to have a blast.
      Yeah, you can pick up a pair of 300 hp Kawasaki skis for under $15k but I haven't heard much good about Kawi skis.

08-02-2020 12:29 AM #724
      It's called being a boat enthusiast.

This is the car lounge, correct?

And as car enthusiasts, what is the common viewpoint of CUVs?

Tall cars that don't offroad and handle worse than a normal car and use more gas but aren't faster?

We make fun of CUVs because they're nothing an 'enthusiast' would ever want to own. Are they practical? Sure. Which is why boring people who live in suburbs buy them up, which is why companies produce them. But the actual enthusiasts will always talk **** about them, just like I'm going to talk **** about pontoons.

Do people like the space? Are they comfortable? Are they a good 'deal'? Do they do what you want to do, putz around on the water? Yup. But get real. Nobody is passionate about them. Nobody is finding a 1976 Pontoon, abandoned int the woods, and being like OMG THIS THING IS SO AWESOME and rebuilding it from the ground up. There's no passion with pontoons. They're the Nissan Rogues of the water, a large amount of vehicle per dollar, not exceptionally good at anything from a performance or efficiency standpoint, and you can get a decently optioned one for not much money with not much credit.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree, I'm not insulting you, I've expressed my opinion in a polite manner and backed up the reasoning behind it, complete with a comparison to a lateral market.... but everyone who I consider a boat enthusiast (and some of them even OWN pontoons)... they like them alright, for when family comes over, but their heart/passion is always set on a different sort of boat, imho. Feel free to disagree, but don't tell me to stay silent.

Looking forward to response; I'm expecting a love letter that not only romanticizes the ingenuity of Ambrose Weere, but also waxes poetically about achieving your life long dreams of becoming a pontoon owner. Pissed off? Go look at the cars you listed in your sig. There's a reason you put those cars in your sig, and not a v6 malibu wagon.
      No you’re mostly just being a jerk most of the time, and then randomly contributing to the discussion.
      At least that’s the perception from our side of the screen.
      Chris
      2014 Passat SE, 1.8tsi, 5sp / 1986 Golf Custom
      2019 DT Ram 5.7 16V / 2005 E-450 motor home 6.8 20V
      A2 Golf & A2 Coupe racers

26. Member
      Cars
      08-02-2020 01:19 AM #725
      Okay so ignore all my points and then claim you’re speaking for the entire forum. Got it.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast