Fourtitude.com - Easiest Thing to swap into
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 03-17-2019 06:30 PM #1
      Well boys. For reasons, I have an entire running mk5 R32. I want to swap the drive train into a lighter platform. I'm also lazy. Whats the easiest thing to swap into? Keep in mind I literally have a full running driving car to pick parts from. Chassis must be lighter than 3200lbs. Access to a welder is limited but not impossible. I'm willing to cut, grind, hammer, etc anything. Ugly as **** I also don't care about. I just dont want my ex-wife to get the car I paid for. Figured I would ask before I go and get myself into a welding/fabricating nightmare. Thanks gents

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 03-20-2019 06:05 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by voltaction View Post
      Well boys. For reasons, I have an entire running mk5 R32. I want to swap the drive train into a lighter platform. I'm also lazy. Whats the easiest thing to swap into? Keep in mind I literally have a full running driving car to pick parts from. Chassis must be lighter than 3200lbs. Access to a welder is limited but not impossible. I'm willing to cut, grind, hammer, etc anything. Ugly as **** I also don't care about. I just dont want my ex-wife to get the car I paid for. Figured I would ask before I go and get myself into a welding/fabricating nightmare. Thanks gents
      Easiest would be find one with a blown engine or transmission and swap. Even a mk4. Just something that’s awd. Audi too.
      Converting a fwd car to awd is not easy but doable. At some point it will turn into a nightmare but just keep on wrenchin and it will get done. Keep us updated and Best of luck.