Fourtitude.com - 2020 Nissan Sentra revealed (sort of).
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    1. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-18-2019 04:18 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Rakshas View Post
      But hey, maybe I’m wrong and they’ve turned it all around on their compact.
      This would be the very literal usage of the phrase "all your eggs in one basket"
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

03-18-2019 05:12 PM #52
      Look at 90% of cars and trucks they’ve put out for the past 10 years? Aside from the GTR and Frontier, the majority of their products compare poorly to their class rivals(look at reviews and customer satisfaction, long term wear and reliability). Their sales are driven on discounting and lease/financing rates to subprime customers, much like them Dodge market of the early to mid 2000’s. This is 95% likely to be more of the same.

But hey, maybe I’m wrong and they’ve turned it all around on their compact.
      Actually, when I look at reviews of the Rogue/Maxima/Altima they're generally positive. They criticize Nissan for a lack of driver involvement but not much else. I don't love Motor Trend, but they actually said really nice things about the new Altima: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/niss...arison-review/
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

4. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      03-18-2019 05:48 PM #53
      Rental agencies everywhere rejoice
      ftfy

gross

5. 03-18-2019 05:48 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Honest question- how are they piles of garbage? They're certainly not a primarily enthusiast brand, but their products seem just fine for the average consumer.
      Refinement, build quality, reliability, lame driving dynamics, crappy CVT's, crash test ratings....take your pick.

03-18-2019 05:52 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
      Refinement, build quality, reliability, lame driving dynamics, crappy CVT's, crash test ratings....take your pick.
      The Nissan Rogue, a vehicle TCL loves to criticize, is really only guilty of "lame" driving dynamics. By now the model's reliability is fine, crash test ratings are good, and build quality/interior are on par with rivals. They're not exciting products but it seems that people are more harsh on them than warranted.

C&D review: https://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/rogue
      Crash test ratings: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/nissan/rogue/safety
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      03-18-2019 05:58 PM #56
      This reminds me of some of the old GM discussions from here 10 years ago. Perhaps Nissan builds cars that are worth taking a hard look at. But like GM from years ago, they did enough harm to their reputation by selling mediocrity in order to gain market share, it's going to take a while for them to regain their reputation.
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

Cars
      2013 Infiniti G37x Coupe
      03-18-2019 06:07 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      This reminds me of some of the old GM discussions from here 10 years ago. Perhaps Nissan builds cars that are worth taking a hard look at. But like GM from years ago, they did enough harm to their reputation by selling mediocrity in order to gain market share, it's going to take a while for them to regain their reputation.
      I find it "funny" since a brand like Subaru has had nothing but mediocre vehicles for a long time (save for a sporting version of one model) but they don't get nearly the flak Nissan does here.
      Nirvana.

9. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-18-2019 06:10 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by VarianceVQ View Post
      I find it "funny" since a brand like Subaru has had nothing but mediocre vehicles for a long time (save for a sporting version of one model) but they don't get nearly the flak Nissan does here.
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

Cars
      a Metro pass.
      03-18-2019 06:19 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.
      Sigged.

It's an extra shame for those of us who remember when Nissan built fun, great-driving affordable cars. But it makes zero sense to whine when modern Nissans don't measure up to BMW or Mazda or wtf ever. They're perfectly competitive in fuel economy, safety, spacious interiors, and features. Nissan exists to serve the huge portion of the market that needs an affordable, roomy, safe car, people who don't know or care a thing about driving dynamics or the grade of plastic the top of their dashboard is made of. Nissans are still a great value and the Rogue, Altima, and Sentra are all still top sellers in their class.

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      03-18-2019 06:23 PM #60
      Subaru has better marketing. MUCH better marketing. They have identified their niche customers and sell aggressively to them.

The last notable Nissan ad I recall was GI Joe racing around in the 300ZX TT and then getting some tail from Malibu Barbie. All they have today are cornball "sales event" ads, and none of those tell me a single thing about why I should buy one. Other than to get a deal.

EDIT: A little more thought and to expand on what Metalitubby said... Subaru sells an image. Granola hipsters, dog lovers, and young families who know that their kids are going to die in fiery crashes unless they're in a Subaru. Nissan's image is for people who want a "reliable Japanese car" but can't afford a Toyota or Honda. And before you me, think about it... It's exactly what they're telling people in their ads.
      Last edited by Seabird; 03-18-2019 at 06:31 PM.
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

12. 03-18-2019 08:39 PM #61
      The Nissan Golden era is gonnnnee

13. Member Unilateral Phase Detractor's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX-5  2013 Ford Focus Electric
      03-18-2019 09:02 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      The Nissan Golden era is gonnnnee
      I owned one almost exactly like this, just pre-refresh (1991). Was a very nice car for its day, but not super reliable. Alternator died in the middle of Northern Indiana leaving me stranded. Also had to replace all the fuel injectors at a considerable expense for the time, something like $900 in 1999. But it was cool to roll up in the high school parking lot with the Bose system cranked.

14. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-18-2019 09:02 PM #63
      Nissan's image is for people who want a "reliable Japanese car" but can't afford a Toyota or Honda.
      We have a wiener!

Cars
      Hopes and Dreams
      03-18-2019 10:04 PM #64
      It's an overseas market version but it'll probably be identical to what we get.

https://carbuzz.com/news/2020-nissan-sentra-leaks-early

Wow that looks terrible.

16. Former Advertiser
      03-18-2019 11:57 PM #65
      I like it but I do also like the current one.

Cars
      2013 VW Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      03-19-2019 09:21 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Car Problems View Post
      Wow that looks terrible.
      I’m no Nissan leg-humper, but no it doesn’t. Granted looks are subjective, but that’s handsome compared to the outgoing model.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 03-19-2019 at 09:23 AM.
      2013 Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      Instagram!
      My flickr

Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      03-19-2019 10:01 AM #67
      One of the first times I've laughed out loud on TCL.

100% agree. Though we did have the "Subaru Doesn't Deserve It's Sales Success" thread not too long ago.

Cars
      Skyline GTS-T type M, 19 GLI S, Mazdaspeed Miata,
      03-19-2019 10:13 AM #68
      I actually like Nissan's current design language, particularly on the Maxima and new altima. The outgoing sentra just looked like a fatter Versa.

Don't care for their heavy use of CVTs, though.

Lights the Patrikman signal.
      I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Gear Patrol, which has as much cred as Paw Patrol
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

20. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-19-2019 10:24 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      One of the first times I've laughed out loud on TCL.

21. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Cars
      2018 F150
      03-19-2019 10:26 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      100% agree. Though we did have the "Subaru Doesn't Deserve It's Sales Success" thread not too long ago.
      Nissan is mainstream mediocrity while Subaru is closer to premium mediocrity.

22. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-19-2019 10:30 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Nissan is mainstream mediocrity while Subaru is closer to premium mediocrity.
      Sounds fancy

23. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Cars
      2018 F150
      03-19-2019 10:36 AM #72
      We joke, but Nissan may see Subaru as a soft target since they now offer AWD on the Altima.
      Any chance the new Sentra will get AWD?

24. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-19-2019 10:41 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Any chance the new Sentra will get AWD?
      Only when there are second-tier flatbrim hats and cotton-candy smoke generators.

Cars
      2013 Infiniti G37x Coupe
      03-19-2019 02:43 PM #74
      Subaru has better marketing. MUCH better marketing. They have identified their niche customers and sell aggressively to them.

The last notable Nissan ad I recall was GI Joe racing around in the 300ZX TT and then getting some tail from Malibu Barbie. All they have today are cornball "sales event" ads, and none of those tell me a single thing about why I should buy one. Other than to get a deal.

EDIT: A little more thought and to expand on what Metalitubby said... Subaru sells an image. Granola hipsters, dog lovers, and young families who know that their kids are going to die in fiery crashes unless they're in a Subaru. Nissan's image is for people who want a "reliable Japanese car" but can't afford a Toyota or Honda. And before you me, think about it... It's exactly what they're telling people in their ads.
      It seems these days that they're trying to push the tech in their cars in general:

At least they're talking about and featuring things in the cars.

But talking about this forum specifically, Subaru's empty, "feel-good" advertising that says jack about why their cars are worthy of your money is really that much better?

People fall for this saccharine BS because it has dogs and an "adventurous" couple? You could do that stuff in any SUV.
      Nirvana.

Cars
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      03-19-2019 02:50 PM #75
      Subaru at least has the boxer engine and symmetrical AWD. There is nothing unique about a Nissan.
      "No manual, no care."

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      It wasn't just about the top of the dash. Or stroking it. It was just the overall feel inside the cabin. Everything was fine until you looked at the dashboard.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast