Fourtitude.com - Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      03-06-2019 05:32 PM #1

From the producer of Amy and Senna this series goes one step further into the world of Formula 1 as we meet the families, the teams and the drivers behind the visors in this exclusive, all access documentary Formula 1: Drive to Survive.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      03-06-2019 05:35 PM #2
      I'm looking forward to this.

Although it's unfortunate that Ferrari and Merc chose not to participate.

Cars
      2012 A6 3.0T, 2013 BMW 128i
      03-06-2019 06:46 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
      I'm looking forward to this.

Although it's unfortunate that Ferrari and Merc chose not to participate.
      True, but that's ok, it'll still make for a nice look at the underdogs and mid-pack battles, which have been interesting. Looking forward to Friday!

5. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      03-06-2019 09:23 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-07-2019 12:42 AM #5
      Yes

7. Member
      Cars
      Current - '19 GLI AB 6MT; Dead - '10 S4 6MT; Gone - '01 S4 6MT
      03-07-2019 08:22 AM #6
      10 part series...welp, my weekend is planned now
      Last edited by amusante1002; 03-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      03-08-2019 11:50 AM #7
      I just watched episode 6 which is about Force India. I have to say it was very disappointing. I was hoping it was going to be a behind-the-scenes documentary but it was mostly a season review. There was very little footage of what goes on behind closed doors. For example, I would have loved to have seen the Force India team discussions after their two drivers collided in Singapore but there was nothing. It seems the documentary makers were given very little access - or had a very small budget. Like I said it was mostly TV footage we've already seen supplemented by talking heads (mostly Will Buxton). For folks who follow F1 closely it provides nor real insight into the sport. It's OK for casual fans who want a review of the season. I will watch the rest of the episodes but my expectations have been lowered.

There was one funny scene where Ocon had to drive to the circuit in Mexico City - while Perez takes a helicopter - and reacts to seeing billboards of Perez along the the way. But those kind of scenes were rare unfortunately.

Cars
      17 Tesla Model X, 13 RRS Supercharged, 08 Ferrari F430, 07 Touareg V10, 19 Volvo S60
      03-08-2019 03:52 PM #8
      Can't wait to watch

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-08-2019 04:39 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
      I just watched episode 6 which is about Force India. I have to say it was very disappointing. I was hoping it was going to be a behind-the-scenes documentary but it was mostly a season review. There was very little footage of what goes on behind closed doors. For example, I would have loved to have seen the Force India team discussions after their two drivers collided in Singapore but there was nothing. It seems the documentary makers were given very little access - or had a very small budget. Like I said it was mostly TV footage we've already seen supplemented by talking heads (mostly Will Buxton). For folks who follow F1 closely it provides nor real insight into the sport. It's OK for casual fans who want a review of the season. I will watch the rest of the episodes but my expectations have been lowered.

There was one funny scene where Ocon had to drive to the circuit in Mexico City - while Perez takes a helicopter - and reacts to seeing billboards of Perez along the the way. But those kind of scenes were rare unfortunately.
      Yeah I was hoping for more behind the scenes footage too but I'm betting teams didn't allow it. It's a step in the right direction though in terms of exposure for the sport and hopefully it'll lead to more in-depth footage in the future.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      03-11-2019 08:22 AM #10
      For the casual fan (myself) I'm finding this FANTASTIC. I'm sure it could go deeper but ultimately i'm surprised by how much access F1 and these teams have allowed. A lot of it makes them look bad, and that's challenging in a documentary series that requires this level of access.

Even though i knew the Riccardo story, the "Art of War" ep is flat out gripping television.

So excited they are filming season 2 during the 2019 F1 season. I wonder if Ferrari and Mercedes will give any real access this time around? They have handed a TON of free publicity to these lower grid teams.

12. Member
      Cars
      19 Alfa Giulia TI, 12 CC R line, 61 Merc. 220b
      03-11-2019 09:05 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      For the casual fan (myself) I'm finding this FANTASTIC. I'm sure it could go deeper but ultimately i'm surprised by how much access F1 and these teams have allowed. A lot of it makes them look bad, and that's challenging in a documentary series that requires this level of access.

Even though i knew the Riccardo story, the "Art of War" ep is flat out gripping television.

So excited they are filming season 2 during the 2019 F1 season. I wonder if Ferrari and Mercedes will give any real access this time around? They have handed a TON of free publicity to these lower grid teams.
      brawn just said today that he will try and force mercedes and ferrari to participate. however i am really enjoying this series without them. They get enough publicity with them always being 1st and 2nd. The way that the episodes are structured is really great also.

my only gripe is the title. Drive to Survive is really cheesy. this would have been a better title in the 60s or 50s. This season it would have been better to be called Drive to win or something else.

13. 03-11-2019 09:06 AM #12
      Lewis Hamilton wins the race......AND CARLOS SAINZ FINISHES 6TH!!!!!!!!!

Cars
      03-11-2019 09:13 AM #13
      I agree that it's actually nice to have the "lesser" teams get some real screen time. Fact is, every race I've actually watched in the last 4 or 5 years, all the real excitement has been farther down the grid. Watching the same 2 teams just swap around on the podium over and over gets pretty boring.

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      03-11-2019 10:01 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Venom21 View Post
      Lewis Hamilton wins the race......AND CARLOS SAINZ FINISHES 6TH!!!!!!!!!
      Yeah that fake announcer (notice its not Crofty) was added by the producers of the series.

And that fake "swoosh" sound when the cars brush by the walls in Monaco?

However, episode 4 alone was worth sitting through all the cheesy crap. Those bemused expressions by Horner when Cryil gave him the cold shoulder was gold!
      Last edited by Hajduk; 03-11-2019 at 10:22 AM.

16. Member
      Cars
      C7 Corvette
      03-11-2019 10:46 AM #15
      i don't follow F1 at all, but my wife and i are both enjoying watching this!

Cars
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      03-11-2019 10:50 AM #16
      It's on my list!

18. 03-11-2019 11:09 AM #17
      As an avid fan of F1 I enjoyed it, especially due to release right before new season. Nice recap and prep!

It showcased the drivers and teams as people, very personable and likable with drama mixed in. At first I was let down with lack of Ferrari and Mercedes but that didnt last long as I really enjoyed the view into the 'rest of the field' that usually gets 0 coverage. Good interviews especially with drivers like Ricciardo, Ocon, Sainz, Magnussen, Hulkenberg as well as the team bosses - Horner and Abitebul especially.

If you follow every rumour and news blog throughout the year, then you may be feeling the content is weak since we know the stuff already. Personally I enjoyed it for what it was: a year in review. It seems to be resonating with the casual fans which I think is their target audience anyway. My wife even enjoyed it and would notice every one in a while 'isnt that so and so' or 'ohhh so thats why you and your dad were talking about blah blah'.. a buddy of mine who doesnt follow F1 watched the first episode and commented how exciting it was. Those are wins for the producers and F1 right there.

Hope they do a second season and have even more access. Solid effort for a first season!

Cars
      2017 Jetta S 5MT
      03-11-2019 11:12 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by B_artman View Post
      As an avid fan of F1 I enjoyed it, especially due to release right before new season. Nice recap and prep!

It showcased the drivers and teams as people, very personable and likable with drama mixed in. At first I was let down with lack of Ferrari and Mercedes but that didnt last long as I really enjoyed the view into the 'rest of the field' that usually gets 0 coverage. Good interviews especially with drivers like Ricciardo, Ocon, Sainz, Magnussen, Hulkenberg as well as the team bosses - Horner and Abitebul especially.

If you follow every rumour and news blog throughout the year, then you may be feeling the content is weak since we know the stuff already. Personally I enjoyed it for what it was: a year in review. It seems to be resonating with the casual fans which I think is their target audience anyway. My wife even enjoyed it and would notice every one in a while 'isnt that so and so' or 'ohhh so thats why you and your dad were talking about blah blah'.. a buddy of mine who doesnt follow F1 watched the first episode and commented how exciting it was. Those are wins for the producers and F1 right there.

Hope they do a second season and have even more access. Solid effort for a first season!
      Totally agree. I feel like I know a lot more about the mid-pack drivers now, whereas I didn't before. I'm bummed Ocon didn't get a ride and lost out to that wanker Stroll and his daddy.
      Sent from my basement using two tin cans and a string.

20. 03-11-2019 11:17 AM #19
      The wife and have been enjoying it, a good refresh of last year. Got to watch it all before the new season starts Friday! Disappointed they didn’t show the race at hockenheim. Of course that was the race I got to go to!

21. 03-11-2019 11:19 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyD View Post
      Totally agree. I feel like I know a lot more about the mid-pack drivers now, whereas I didn't before. I'm bummed Ocon didn't get a ride and lost out to that wanker Stroll and his daddy.
      Ocon landed the reserve driver seat at Mercedes after the outcry in the paddock so we may see him in a race car at some point again

03-11-2019 11:58 AM #21
      The series was really good, but the issue is that they had very little access. Very little behind-the-scenes stuff except for Ricciardo and Ocon.

23. Member
      Cars
      19 Alfa Giulia TI, 12 CC R line, 61 Merc. 220b
      03-11-2019 12:20 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyD View Post
      i am bummed too, but honestly if it means that Force India can continue to operate then I'm all for it. I will have to see how Stroll does this year with a better car.

03-11-2019 12:53 PM #23
      I'm only a few episods in, and agree that it's cool to get some more detail on the back maker teams. I really like the format of comparing two drivers against each other. The story about Ricciado was so much fun.

Cars
      03-11-2019 01:01 PM #24
      Horner vs Abiteboul was so great. Horner was really lording over Renault the money they pay them, and Cyril goes and steals his best driver away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
      The series was really good, but the issue is that they had very little access. Very little behind-the-scenes stuff except for Ricciardo and Ocon.
      This show made me a fan of both of those guys, and I really wasn't on any other driver's bandwagon before this. The last F1 driver I truly followed was Montoya. I'll be rooting hard for Ricciardo and the French team this year.

I bet those guys and those teams will see a measurable PR bump from this, with the related money making opportunities. Don't be surprised if other teams give more access for the 2019 filming season. Maybe not Ferrari and Mercedes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1988 View Post
      i am bummed too, but honestly if it means that Force India can continue to operate then I'm all for it. I will have to see how Stroll does this year with a better car.
      Yeah, that team is basically funded by their 2 driver's so it is what it is. The car was pretty good, and I bet that pink merch sells and the new "racing Point" is keeping the same colors so the branding will be good.

Cars
      17 Tesla Model X, 13 RRS Supercharged, 08 Ferrari F430, 07 Touareg V10, 19 Volvo S60
      03-11-2019 01:36 PM #25
      I just finished this last night and I LOVED IT!! Super good

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast