Fourtitude.com - Joining the club: baby on the way and need to trade-in the fleet
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    1. Member
      03-06-2019 10:48 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Wrong yet again.
      Does your precious Miata have a LATCH system?
      Can you disable the front AND side airbags?
      Will a car seat fit? Yes.
      Is it safe? Most likely not.
      But dont let your single, childless life keep you from spouting off about things you do not understand.
      a point of pedantry, LATCH isn't a safety feature per se, it's an ease of use feature that translates to safety because it's harder for people to **** up the seat install.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      03-06-2019 10:53 AM #102
      Wrong yet again.
      Does your precious Miata have a LATCH system?
      Can you disable the front AND side airbags?
      Will a car seat fit? Yes.
      Is it safe? Most likely not.
      But dont let your single, childless life keep you from spouting off about things you do not understand.
      wow, advising that one should probably take a step back, and wait to make an informed decision before rushing out, selling 40k worth of cars, and buying another 50k worth of cars, not knowing or having experienced what you'll actually need from your car fleet because your entire lifestyle is about to be upended .... and you want to talk about the LATCH system?

lol ... k ... my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
      Quote Originally Posted by VigorousZX View Post
      In their unquenchable thirst for world domination, the aristocrats tax peoples time so as to keep its cattle viewed populations forever in servitude. They have gone as far as brainwashing and banning the western world that marrying your first cousin is forbidden and results in retardation... and thus have disturbed human evolutionary densities because broken families are easier to control and will better fall into debt slavery.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-06-2019 10:58 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by MatchStick View Post
      a point of pedantry, LATCH isn't a safety feature per se, it's an ease of use feature that translates to safety because it's harder for people to **** up the seat install.
      True.
      But the airbags are a major safety concern.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-06-2019 11:01 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      wow, advising that one should probably take a step back, and wait to make an informed decision before rushing out, selling 40k worth of cars, and buying another 50k worth of cars, not knowing or having experienced what you'll actually need from your car fleet because your entire lifestyle is about to be upended .... and you want to talk about the LATCH system?

lol ... k ... my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.
      Others have suggested the same caution in rushing out and buying new vehicles.
      You choose to quote another person suggesting a Miata is an acceptable vehicle to transport a child in a rear facing seat.
      If you were looking for support on the delaying of the purchase you had other posts to use but you went for the one suggesting a Miata. You do not get to try and walk it back now.

Cars
      '13 Volt, '05 330ci ZHP, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      03-06-2019 11:03 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Tokyosmash View Post
      Why are you giving your car up because of 1 baby?
      It's not just one baby, it's the need to be able to carry the baby AND in laws AND dog(s) in a pinch, which the Miata CANNOT DO. And the R has already stranded his wife TWICE so it's not staying.

Basic reading comprehension, folks.
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      03-06-2019 11:06 AM #106
      Others have suggested the same caution in rushing out and buying new vehicles.
      You choose to quote another person suggesting a Miata is an acceptable vehicle to transport a child in a rear facing seat.
      If you were looking for support on the delaying of the purchase you had other posts to use but you went for the one suggesting a Miata. You do not get to try and walk it back now.
      i was explicitly agreeing with, and quoted those who were advising to take a chill pill and calm down. its also what i opened in this thread with.

i never stated word one about a the miata. nor quoted anyone who had.

calm your titties
      In their unquenchable thirst for world domination, the aristocrats tax peoples time so as to keep its cattle viewed populations forever in servitude. They have gone as far as brainwashing and banning the western world that marrying your first cousin is forbidden and results in retardation... and thus have disturbed human evolutionary densities because broken families are easier to control and will better fall into debt slavery.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-06-2019 11:11 AM #107

calm your titties
      You really suck at remembering what you say and quote on the forums...
      You might want to go back and look again.
      Or do I need to show you where you quoted that?

9. Member
      Cars
      2011 Lincoln MKZ AWD
      03-06-2019 11:17 AM #108
      Kia Stinger 2.0T+AWD is probably a pretty nice car for her. Heated steering wheel standard, decent power, and a nice low seating position. I really liked it and wanted to buy one but ultimately decided that I shouldn't spend $30k USD on a car. She shouldn't need anything beyond a base trim and at least in the US there are dealers advertising about 20% off MSRP.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      03-06-2019 11:27 AM #109
      You really suck at remembering what you say and quote on the forums...
      You might want to go back and look again.
      Or do I need to show you where you quoted that?
      how stupid do you want to make this thread? how much of a train wreck do you want to make this trying to shove **** i never said in my mouth?

my first post in the thread (clearly advocating for waiting to upend the whole fleet):

what you should do: probably nothing major

what you are going to do: majorly upending your collection
      my second post in this thread (also clearly advocating to wait and see what you actually need before buying and selling everything)

Quote Originally Posted by dunhamjr View Post
      Its the plural kidS that gets you.

The OP is just on kid 1... thus even in a pinch, the miata can work for this.

But I get it. It has the potential to make things harder.

For me I just think its a bit early to knee jerk and change literally everything.
      this
      my third post in the thread (also explicitly stating to wait and see what you actually need before buying and selling a bunch of cars)

anyone else wanna play?
      Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-06-2019 at 11:29 AM.

11. Member
      Cars
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF
      03-06-2019 11:35 AM #110
      i was explicitly agreeing with, and quoted those who were advising to take a chill pill and calm down. its also what i opened in this thread with.

calm your titties
      Point taken about relaxing, but the Golf R is going no matter what. Now the question becomes: does the Miata stay? I guess we will find out in year's time...

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-06-2019 11:39 AM #111
      Its the plural kidS that gets you.

The OP is just on kid 1... thus even in a pinch, the miata can work for this.

But I get it. It has the potential to make things harder.

For me I just think its a bit early to knee jerk and change literally everything.
      this
      CP, that's where you showed teh dumb.

A Miata is not going to work for this. I promise. I have two kids. For 5 years I had one kid. I own a two seat sports car. I know this. You have no kids and a pretty tenuous grasp on reality. You know nothing of which you speak. Sit down, shut up, and bow out of the thread while there are still a couple people on the board who don't know you are a moron.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      03-06-2019 11:41 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      Point taken about relaxing, but the Golf R is going no matter what. Now the question becomes: does the Miata stay? I guess we will find out in year's time...
      i mean it sounds like regardless of the kid thing, you want to dump the R. and thats probably a decent enough reason to get rid of it on its own. not cause your having a kid, but because you frankly, don't like the car anymore.

the miata, idk, personally i would try to keep it, and maybe buy a cheap family hauler (great family haulers can be had for under 10k, even under 5k in many cases) and go 3 wide. i'd be willing to park one outside to keep a miata, but thats just me.

either way, i wouldn't run out and sell everything and buy everything all right here and now. find out how the kid changes your lifestyle, and buy cars that match what you want/need.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-06-2019 11:42 AM #113
      Yet you quoted this post twice.

the miata can work for this.
      And still claim you didnt quote anyone who stated a word about the Miata.
      No wonder no one takes you seriously on this forum.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      03-06-2019 11:43 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      CP, that's where you showed teh dumb.

A Miata is not going to work for this. I promise. I have two kids. For 5 years I had one kid. I own a two seat sports car. I know this. You have no kids and a pretty tenuous grasp on reality. You know nothing of which you speak. Sit down, shut up, and bow out of the thread while there are still a couple people on the board who don't know you are a moron.
      "in a pitch in the miata can work for this"

what about that is incorrect?

do children not fit inside miatas for short times, on rare occasions? does one always have to have the ability to carry a kid, regardless of the time, place, season or moon cycle? in a pinch, can someone with a kid also own a miata? are these really baffling or confusing questions? lol

its pretty obvious to me that regardless of what i say, im going to be attacked for it. no matter how reasonable. becuase its not about the content of the thread anymore, its about you guys attacking me.
      Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-06-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-06-2019 11:48 AM #115
      becuase its not about the content of the thread anymore, its about you guys attacking me.
      No. It is about you suggesting it is perfectly fine to endanger his child just so he can keep his Miata.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      03-06-2019 11:50 AM #116
      No. It is about you suggesting it is perfectly fine to endanger his child just so he can keep his Miata.

im out, you guys are bat **** nuts.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-06-2019 11:50 AM #117
      "in a pitch in the miata can work for this"

what about that is incorrect?

do children not fit inside miatas for short times, on rare occasions? does one always have to have the ability to carry a kid, regardless of the time, place, season or moon cycle? in a pinch, can someone with a kid also own a miata? are these really baffling or confusing questions? lol

its pretty obvious to me that regardless of what i say, im going to be attacked for it. no matter how reasonable. becuase its not about the content of the thread anymore, its about you guys attacking me.

A child in a rear-facing seat, which for most states means at least until they are two, does not reasonably work for any reason except "the child's life is in danger and I am rushing them to the hospital in this Miata."

Otherwise, no, you are a fool if you put a rear-facing seat in a two seat car. Sorry.
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

19. Member
      Cars
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF
      03-06-2019 11:51 AM #118
      i mean it sounds like regardless of the kid thing, you want to dump the R. and thats probably a decent enough reason to get rid of it on its own. not cause your having a kid, but because you frankly, don't like the car anymore.

the miata, idk, personally i would try to keep it, and maybe buy a cheap family hauler (great family haulers can be had for under 10k, even under 5k in many cases) and go 3 wide. i'd be willing to park one outside to keep a miata, but thats just me.

either way, i wouldn't run out and sell everything and buy everything all right here and now. find out how the kid changes your lifestyle, and buy cars that match what you want/need.
      I don't want to be mean, but did you read anything that was written? It's not because we don't like the car, my wife really likes it. It has to go because it has stranded my wife twice (once when it was -30 C out on the highway) and for us, that is intolerable. I can't go three wide as our garage can only accommodate two vehicles max.
      Last edited by unhappymeal; 03-06-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-06-2019 11:55 AM #119
      im out, you guys are bat **** nuts.
      This just in: single dude with no kids mad because parents tell him what works when you are a parent.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-06-2019 11:56 AM #120
      I don't want to be mean, but did you read anything that was written?

Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      03-06-2019 12:00 PM #121
      I don't want to be mean, but did you read anything that was written?
      He read enough to see Miata.
      The rest is history.

Cars
      2012 Passat VR6 // 2017 Tiguan R-Line // 2007 Audi RS4
      03-06-2019 12:08 PM #122
      https://www.youtube.com/user/TTACVideo

give this page a look.
      the guy tries installing child seats into various newer cars. maybe a car you are considering will be in there.

Another thing i would keep in mind is the child seat it self. there are some out there with amazing safety yet they are slimmer and smaller (not only in width).
      For example, we went with Clek seats as they fit a little better for us (in our vehicles), VS other common ones we've seen in action.

Like you and your wife, my wife and I are on the shorter size. 5'7" and 5'5". In both of our daily drivers (B7 Passat and PQ35 Tiguan) the rear facing seat is installed behind the driver seat, and the driver (whether me or her) has LOT of space. Not so much with the Passat (as i think you could fit any seat in there and there would be LOTS of room) but with the Tiguan we feel the type/brand of seat it self helped with this. And again I know that she doesnt want a CUV/SUV, but i am only using our experience as an example as I feel the tiguan is similar size inside as a sedan that slots somewhere between compact and midsize.

Also, i still vote the new S60 with the funky light leather/cloth interior upgrade. (pending test fit of rear facing seat ofcourse)
      2010 Mini Cooper Horizon Blue A/T (sold)
      2004 Acura TL Satin Silver Metallic A/T (sold)
      2005 VW Jetta GLI Blue Lagoon 6-mt (sold)
      2007 VW Jetta GLI Candy White DSG (sold)

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-06-2019 12:12 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by goran.gli View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/user/TTACVideo

Also, i still vote the new S60 with the funky light leather/cloth interior upgrade. (pending test fit of rear facing seat ofcourse)
      With a new baby? uhhhh no. You get a black interior until the kids are old enough to not soil it. For some, this means when they go to college.

25. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      03-06-2019 12:18 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      With a new baby? uhhhh no. You get a black interior until the kids are old enough to not soil it. For some, this means when they go to college.
      We've got two car seats in the car with red seats.

YOLO
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-06-2019 12:20 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      We've got two car seats in the car with red seats.

YOLO
      #rental

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast