Fourtitude.com - Joining the club: baby on the way and need to trade-in the fleet
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 249
    1. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      722
      Cars
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF
      03-05-2019 12:34 PM #1
      Well, life changes fast. My wife surprised me on our short vacation in San Francisco and told me that I'm going to be a father. The lease is up on the Golf R at the end of the year and obviously the Miata has got to go. Her mother visits us for 2 - 4 months of the year and we recently adopted a dog, so needless to say, we are going to need to go bigger. This is a bit nerve wracking, but also exciting: it's not often you get this many life changes, including picking two new cars, all at once!

      Needs or requirements:

      1. Comfortably seat 4.
      2. AWD preferred for the Mrs.
      3. Wife has a strong anti-German stance.
      4. Wife hates SUVs.
      5. Manuel is okay, but she prefers automagic.
      6. No more than $100k CAD combined.
      7. Wife would like her car to be in the same realm of acceleration as the Golf R or her old ATS 2.0T, but more quiet.
      8. Mother-in-law is 70, so rear seating comfort is a concern.
      9. I personally would like to avoid GM for the crap they pulled with taking our bailout money and then shuttering the plant in my hometown.
      10. Her car must have an interior colour that is not black.

      Other considerations:

      1. She likes the styling on Volvos and Alfas.
      2. She really liked having a heated steering wheel.
      3. Our commutes are relatively short (30 km one way for me, 18 km one way for her).
      4. Elementary school is ~350 m from our house.

      Combinations I have thought of off the top of my head:

      His: Civic Type-R, Veloster N, STI, new Charger 392 with Dynamics package, used Charger Hellcat, 2011+ Lexus IS-F, Stringer GT2
      Hers: V60 Inscription, CPO Giulia Ti, Genesis G80 V8, Mazda 6 Signature, CPO Panamera 4S

      Comments: Through work or family members I can get anything from Honda, Hyundai, Ford, GM or Mercedes on employee or supplier pricing, but it's definitely not a deciding factor. Having not awful re-sale value would be nice as I was in talks to take an expat role at our German head office in a few years time.
      Last edited by unhappymeal; 03-05-2019 at 12:46 PM.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Cr4shT3st's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2009
      Location
      WI
      Posts
      2,881
      Cars
      torque and no torque
      03-05-2019 12:38 PM #2
      Charger 392 + Stevlio. I would love that combo but sadly insufficient $$ found.
      _________________________________________________
      current: '14 BRZ, '16 Focus ST, '09 Fit, '00 Ducati ST2
      wiscocrashtest

    4. Member sebasEuRo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2006
      Location
      Seattle/Europe
      Posts
      12,479
      Cars
      18 Passat GT // 19 Tiguan SEL Premium // 19 Jetta SEL Premium
      03-05-2019 12:44 PM #3
      I would really love the Audi SQ5, that's all .
      2018 VW Passat GT | Reflex Silver | DSG | OEM+ | Delivered March 2019
      Volkswagen AktienGesellschaft In North America

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2015
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      1,008
      Cars
      2017 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/PSE/Sport Chrono
      03-05-2019 12:47 PM #4
      You basically ruled out german for "hers" so not sure why Panamera 4S is on the list (though I wholeheartedly support the decision )

      Anti-german AWD sedan? Honestly the Golf R fits all of the boxes for her... I'd consider keeping that after lease.
      Giulia Ti sounds good for her - and if she "likes" alfa / Volvo then that's where you should look first.
      Also, you could pull the fakerich card and go for a used Ghibli SQ4 - 2016 examples under 30k miles are ~$30-35k

      For you, find a beefy Charger 392 or Hellcat and call it a day - the Civic has no more room than your R, neither will Veloster.
      Last edited by iliveoncaffiene; 03-05-2019 at 12:50 PM.
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD!

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2005
      Posts
      1,205
      Cars
      2016 RAV4 Hybrid, MK5 Jetta
      03-05-2019 12:48 PM #5
      Don't make a mistake and overbuy cars because a baby is one the way. I have a one year old and was all motivated to change the fleet when my wife was pregnant, and I'm sure glad I didn't.

      I use my Jetta as a baby hauler every day and it's just fine. Then again, we don't have a stroller taking up valuable trunk space (we use baby wraps or slings). The only space required for the baby is space for the baby seat, and a back pack with her things that fits on the floor between her baby seat and the front seat. If we go on trips and need to haul a portable crib, and all our stuff, I just slap our thule cargo box on the roof, much cheaper than buying a new car.

      Every thought of buying back your Golf R? Residuals in Canada are pretty low, and your buyback is probably much lower than it's market value. Then just get one family oriented car if you absolutely NEED to change. I'd say you can hold onto your R and Miata until you little one starts daycare, and just use the R until then.

    7. Member kptaylor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2001
      Location
      PHX, AZ
      Posts
      5,514
      Cars
      '12 Miata, '14 ML350, '03 FLHTCUI, E36 & E39
      03-05-2019 12:48 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by sebasEuRo View Post
      I would really love the Audi SQ5, that's all .

      Violates #3 and #4...

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      722
      Cars
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF
      03-05-2019 12:48 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      You basically ruled out german for "hers" so not sure why Panamera 4S is on the list (though I wholeheartedly support the decision )

      Anti-german AWD sedan? Honestly the Golf R fits all of the boxes for her... I'd consider keeping that after lease.
      Giulia Ti sounds good for her - and if she "likes" alfa / Volvo then that's where you should look first.

      For you, find a beefy Charger 392 or Hellcat and call it a day - the Civic has no more room than your R, neither will Veloster.
      She is anti-german, but I kept the Panamera 4S because I think it would check all the boxes and she would warm up to it. I don't need a big car since it's just me most days, but it would be useful to have room to take 4 in a pinch or baby + strollers if she's away on a work trip. Realistically, we could probably make one car work, but I travel enough on little notice that it's not prudent.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      722
      Cars
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF
      03-05-2019 12:51 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Dubveiser View Post
      Don't make a mistake and overbuy cars because a baby is one the way. I have a one year old and was all motivated to change the fleet when my wife was pregnant, and I'm sure glad I didn't.

      I use my Jetta as a baby hauler every day and it's just fine. Then again, we don't have a stroller taking up valuable trunk space (we use baby wraps or slings). The only space required for the baby is space for the baby seat, and a back pack with her things that fits on the floor between her baby seat and the front seat. If we go on trips and need to haul a portable crib, and all our stuff, I just slap our thule cargo box on the roof, much cheaper than buying a new car.

      Every thought of buying back your Golf R? Residuals in Canada are pretty low, and your buyback is probably much lower than it's market value. Then just get one family oriented car if you absolutely NEED to change. I'd say you can hold onto your R and Miata until you little one starts daycare, and just use the R until then.
      I would normally agree, but the R has left her stranded twice so it's going back. There is absolutely zero chance of me winning that argument. The Miata has to go because by virtue of me not being able to use it as a family vehicle if something happens to the other car. I would love to keep it, but it's just selfish.

    10. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      26,188
      Blog Entries
      4
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      03-05-2019 12:51 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      Other considerations:

      1. She likes the styling on Volvos and Alfas.
      2. She really liked having a heated steering wheel.
      3. Our commutes are relatively short (30 km one way for me, 18 km one way for her).
      4. Elementary school is ~350 m from our house.

      Combinations I have thought of off the top of my head:

      His: Civic Type-R, Veloster N, STI, new Charger 392 with Dynamics package, used Charger Hellcat, 2011+ Lexus IS-F, Stringer GT2
      Hers: V60 Inscription, CPO Giulia Ti, Genesis G80 V8, Mazda 6 Signature, CPO Panamera 4S

      Comments: Through work or family members I can get anything from Honda, Hyundai, Ford, GM or Mercedes on employee or supplier pricing, but it's definitely not a deciding factor. Having not awful re-sale value would be nice as I was in talks to take an expat role at our German head office in a few years time.
      Wow, that's some interesting considerations. One thing I have noticed with my friends who have kids, it's almost impossible to fit 4 people comfortably if one of those people is in a rear-facing child seat. The passenger or driver (depending on the location) seat is jacked all the way forward and the seatback is upright. Terrible. I would err on the side of something larger---or at least with a larger rear seat area.

      So the compact cars you list will be a terrible option when you have 4 people in the car. The Charger, G80, Stinger, and Panamera are the only options I'd consider on the list. I'd also add in a Passat. My SIL just had a kid and bought a new Highlander. It's awesome.

      My advice? (which is worthless, I get). Just sack up and get an SUV. If necessary, keep the Miata assuming you aren't moving down to one car. IMO, size is far more important than performance or form factor.

      If I was buying this car today, I'd probably just go with the Charger due to the large rear seating area. I wouldn't really bother with any of the other cars if I needed to make a snap decision.

    11. Member Braga_Dub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2001
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      11,937
      Cars
      13' Genesis Coupe, 16' Tucson
      03-05-2019 12:53 PM #10
      Just show up at the dealerships with the baby seat that you're going to use, and see how everything fits.
      I'm hesitant about the Veloster just because rear facing seats take up a ton of space.

      Example: When we had a rear facing seat, we took the Coupe everywhere because the MK5 Jetta (that we had at the time) totally sucked.
      We were able to keep the seat latched into the center rear of my car without issues, so it let us be comfortable up front while still behind able to check on the baby.
      The Jetta... Not so much. If it was on the passengers side, the front seat was too far forward to be comfortable, and we couldn't get the base to work in the center.

      Long story short: See how the seat fits in each car that you want

      Rooting for the Stinger GT2
      Last edited by Braga_Dub; 03-05-2019 at 12:57 PM.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 27th, 2014
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      722
      Cars
      2017 Golf R, 2017 Miata RF
      03-05-2019 12:54 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Wow, that's some interesting considerations. One thing I have noticed with my friends who have kids, it's almost impossible to fit 4 people comfortably if one of those people is in a rear-facing child seat. The passenger or driver (depending on the location) seat is jacked all the way forward and the seatback is upright. Terrible. I would err on the side of something larger---or at least with a larger rear seat area.

      So the compact cars you list will be a terrible option when you have 4 people in the car. The Charger, G80, Stinger, and Panamera are the only options I'd consider on the list. I'd also add in a Passat. My SIL just had a kid and bought a new Highlander. It's awesome.

      My advice? (which is worthless, I get). Just sack up and get an SUV. If necessary, keep the Miata assuming you aren't moving down to one car. IMO, size is far more important than performance or form factor.

      If I was buying this car today, I'd probably just go with the Charger due to the large rear seating area. I wouldn't really bother with any of the other cars if I needed to make a snap decision.
      Luckily (unluckily?) we are a short family. I am 5 ft 6, she's 5 ft 3 and my mother-in-law is 5 feet tall. We can make compacts work .

    13. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      10,405
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      03-05-2019 12:55 PM #12
      Ignore the fact she doesn't an SUV and get an SUV.

      Anti-German you say?

      I've got the perfect thing for you....




      Instagram - efrie004

      Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2015
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      1,008
      Cars
      2017 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/PSE/Sport Chrono
      03-05-2019 12:57 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      Luckily (unluckily?) we are a short family. I am 5 ft 6, she's 5 ft 3 and my mother-in-law is 5 feet tall. We can make compacts work .
      Wow - now normally I'd say "that's not that short"... but that's short (hopefully no offense here )
      None of these will be much different than the Golf R - so if you have reasonable room in the backseat of that then... go for it.
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD!

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2005
      Posts
      1,205
      Cars
      2016 RAV4 Hybrid, MK5 Jetta
      03-05-2019 12:58 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      I would normally agree, but the R has left her stranded twice so it's going back.
      Totally get you on this. Wife stranded in a car with baby is a big BIG NOPE.

      I leased a Toyota RAV4H for my wife because I wanted peace of mind, and TBH, I'm glad I did. It's AWD, uses as much fuel as a Yaris, very good acceleration, plenty of room, insanely good resale, and that Toyota reliablity. We both love it.

      For family duty I'll take peace of mind over looks, performance, luxury, etc. That's just my 0.02$ though. Get a fun car, and another that you won't have to worry about.

    16. Senior Member syntrix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2000
      Location
      In a tent with a squirrel and rat
      Posts
      24,783
      Cars
      grey ghost wagon
      03-05-2019 12:59 PM #15
      This is perfect for the OP! Good suggestion.

      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Ignore the fact she doesn't an SUV and get an SUV.

      Anti-German you say?

      I've got the perfect thing for you....




      MOEW: ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Zomg Zombies ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶ ¯\(°_o)/¯
      If you have a problem with anything I do here, feel free to call me on my cell to discuss at anytime: (781)452-2079 LEAPRZ

    17. Member masa8888's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2003
      Location
      Reston VA
      Posts
      8,088
      Cars
      2019 VW Atlas SEL R-Line, 2000 911 Carrera, 2005 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
      03-05-2019 01:03 PM #16
      From your list, Civic Type R (or used IS-F) + CPO Panamera since resale value seems to be an important factor. Used IS-F and Panameras are available at around 50% of MSRP today, and Type R's will probably depreciate very slowly from new.

    18. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      26,188
      Blog Entries
      4
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      03-05-2019 01:20 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      Luckily (unluckily?) we are a short family. I am 5 ft 6, she's 5 ft 3 and my mother-in-law is 5 feet tall. We can make compacts work .
      Do what the person above your reply to me said---bring a seat to the dealer and see what fits. Although I'm 5"11, my legs are almost abnormally short and I can tell you that I was extremely uncomfortable in the passenger seat of my friend's Sportwagen with rear facing seat behind me.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 22nd, 2008
      Location
      Hood River, oregon/ Seattle
      Posts
      3,160
      Cars
      two Audis, 79 wabbit diesel, two 84 jettas/85 jetta TD
      03-05-2019 01:21 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Ignore the fact she doesn't an SUV and get an SUV.
      exactly. The first couple months that you aren't throwing your back out trying to get a car seat into a sedan (because of the higher hip height and ingress of an SUV) you'll thank all of us for this advise. CAN you deal with a sedan? Yes, but why mess with your body trying to contort yourself. Get the SUV you like and enjoy life. Just get one small enough she doesn't feel like she is piloting the Queen Mary
      Last edited by audifans; 03-05-2019 at 01:23 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackohio
      Built in boost gauge in the dash. One of my friends at the time saw that turbo was on theoretical empty and asked if we needed to stop and get more turbo. I gave it gas and he was like wait, its full now. Had to quickly explain the process.
      Quote Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
      so basically the OP has no clue about anything and just posts out of his ass?

    20. Member XClayX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2005
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      5,161
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD, 2002 Chrysler Town and Lumber
      03-05-2019 01:22 PM #19
      So I feel parents should only respond to this thread. Here's what I would do. Go look at baby car seats/stroller and ideally buy one. We had a Chicco 30 for the "infant" phase (0-6months) and now "upgraded" to (TWO (one per car) Graco Slimfit / Evenflo DLX convertible) at 7+months old.

      I own a CX-5 and with a car seat (rear facing) you have reduced front leg room. In our Impreza, front leg room sucks, near zero with the larger convertible car seat.

      Secondly, baby gear. Bags, diapers, wipes, snacks, juice, milk, PEE etc. What ever your "gear" is plan on it hitting the upholstery, floor etc.

      Finally, a stroller. Ideally a infant car seat/stroller combo. Again, we did the Chicco 30 combo. The rather compact stroller takes up 90% of the truck space in the CX-5.


      If your buying carseats and strollers. Keep in mind they are expensive. Middle of the road is about 300-400ish for the stoller/carseat combo. Those two other seats are 230 each.



      If I did it over again... I'd go larger then a CX-5. Not necessarily more expensive or fancier. Just more interior room. Sure you can do it with a small car but if you are actually looking at investing in new vehicles consider size. Side note on this as well. Minivans are awesome at what they do. I hate them too.

    21. Member 4.OMG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 20th, 2004
      Location
      SE MI
      Posts
      4,672
      Cars
      It varies.
      03-05-2019 01:28 PM #20
      I have two kids under age three, so here's my take. There's more to picking a baby-friendly car than the number of doors and whether the car seat "fits" in back. As far as car stuff goes, the newborn phase is the easiest-just plunk the carrier on to the base and away you go. It get's a bit trickier when a kid is big enough to be in a regular rear-facing seat because now you have to maneuver a (wiggling/kicking/crying/screaming) toddler over the seat bolster without smashing their head into the roof line and then get them properly situated and harnessed in.

      It's not "hard" per se, but also not fun when it's raining/snowing/etc. while standing in a puddle/snowbank/etc. or if you're already fatigued from say, carrying the child around the zoo for the past however many hours on a humid day and you're on your last nerve because someone is over-tired and having a melt down that's frightening the animals and drawing sympathetic/mortified looks from complete strangers.

      This is where the medium to large CUV really shines. I never understood the appeal until I had kids of my own, but a large CUV is far and away the easiest to get kids in and out of. Sedans require you to bend over and maneuver around obstacles. Full size trucks and SUVs are usually tall enough to require you to either lift the kid up and over or balance on the running board (this is a non-starter in winter). Crossovers are just the right height to extend your arms in front of you and gently set a kid into a seat.\

      One more thing, and I cannot stress this enough: Whatever you get, make sure it has a dark colored interior, preferably leather for ease of wiping up/concealing messes. Because there will be messes. If you're even remotely particular about having a clean car, you may just want to start therapy now to work through whatever hang ups before the baby is born.
      Last edited by 4.OMG; 03-05-2019 at 01:31 PM.
      Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      238
      Cars
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      03-05-2019 01:29 PM #21
      I went through this same thing so I feel your pain... I had to get rid of my big turbo srt4 ( not safe enough ), my lancer ralliart ( had just finished a full OEM evo turbo and intercooler swap ) because mileage was too high, and my wife's Acura tlx ( she wanted bigger ) ( heh heh that's what she said ). Any way, we ended up getting a new Nissan Murano for her, she didnt want an SUV either until she drove it, I bought a new Jetta since I commute long distances and wanted something cheap ( dealer incentives were crazy ended up paying 15900 for a 22000 sticker ) and also bought a 96 z28 Camaro as a toy. Back on topic though, I would have to say one of the chargers for you and the alfa for her. They are simply fantastic to drive. Dunno about reliability since it's an alfa, but they look stunning, drive stunning, and they are quick. I would say Porsche but I just can't get into the looks of the panamera.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2005
      Posts
      1,205
      Cars
      2016 RAV4 Hybrid, MK5 Jetta
      03-05-2019 01:39 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by audifans View Post
      exactly. The first couple months that you aren't throwing your back out trying to get a car seat into a sedan (because of the higher hip height and ingress of an SUV) you'll thank all of us for this advise. CAN you deal with a sedan? Yes, but why mess with your body trying to contort yourself. Get the SUV you like and enjoy life. Just get one small enough she doesn't feel like she is piloting the Queen Mary
      Unless you're disabled, there's no reason to be throwing out your back putting a child in a sedan.

      I have a lowered Jetta and I never had any issue getting our 97th percentile 12 month old (she's 11.8kgs) in and out of my car. Even my wife uses my car for daycare duties and she just snaps our daughter in mere seconds.

      You must be pretty damn unfit if putting a child in a sedan is ''messing with your body''

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2010
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      1,214
      Cars
      2000 Subaru Outback & 2017 Subaru Outback
      03-05-2019 01:48 PM #23
      STI & Ascent.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2005
      Posts
      1,205
      Cars
      2016 RAV4 Hybrid, MK5 Jetta
      03-05-2019 01:49 PM #24
      Oh and, pro-tip if you want to keep a cool/fun car and have kids.

      Learn how to use a baby wrap/sling. If you don't have the patience to learn how to wrap yourself, get an ergo or pre-fit carrier.

      Seriously guys. Not filling up a trunk with a stroller is key. Your wife will also think you're sexy when you wrap your baby on your chest (other women will think so too).

      We used a stroller maybe 3-4 times since our daughter was born, it's been collecting dust in our basement since she was a couple of months old. We've flown three times (to Hawaii, Florida, Chicago), multiple road trips, groceries, errands, she's always in a wrap, but now she's starting to walk.

      Seriously all we need is a wrap and a backpack, it's a game-changer compared to our friends who are running big SUV's or vans for two kids, and seem to be literally moving each time they go somewhere.

      Sorry for the off-topic, it's just that, a couple of wraps/slings are cheaper than a stroller and you won't have to buy a land yatch to fill up with 500lbs of crap for your 10 lbs baby
      Last edited by Dubveiser; 03-05-2019 at 01:52 PM.

    26. Member XClayX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 30th, 2005
      Location
      Minnesota
      Posts
      5,161
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD, 2002 Chrysler Town and Lumber
      03-05-2019 01:53 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Dubveiser View Post
      Unless you're disabled, there's no reason to be throwing out your back putting a child in a sedan.

      I have a lowered Jetta and I never had any issue getting our 97th percentile 12 month old (she's 11.8kgs) in and out of my car. Even my wife uses my car for daycare duties and she just snaps our daughter in mere seconds.

      You must be pretty damn unfit if putting a child in a sedan is ''messing with your body''

      I agree with them. Loading into a sedan or lowered Jetta isn't ideal. Load your child into each, CUV, SUV, Minvan, Lowered Jetta. Pretty sure we'd all pick a minivan at the end of the day for ease of use. If you don't, it just means your preference for a vehicle out weight convenience.

    Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 08-19-2006, 08:06 AM
    2. Replies: 22
      Last Post: 08-09-2002, 06:47 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •