Fourtitude.com - commercial drone license
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      02-11-2019 05:30 PM #1
      Anyone have their commercial license? What do you use it for?
      signatures are annoying, right?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      228i, JKU, Cabriolet
      02-22-2019 10:29 AM #2
      I have a Part 107. My company paid for the training and test.

I'm an insurance adjuster and I use to survey damages in areas hard to reach normally. 2+ stories tall buildings, large fire losses, etc.

Its way better than climbing up on a roof.

Cars
      '12 Ford Explorer, '02 EJ251 Outback
      03-04-2019 11:46 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      I have a Part 107. My company paid for the training and test.

I'm an insurance adjuster and I use to survey damages in areas hard to reach normally. 2+ stories tall buildings, large fire losses, etc.

Its way better than climbing up on a roof.
      Little jealous of your line of work since I'm an RC nerd. I got photos and video of my neighborhood. That's all I got

Last edited by SWeaty; 03-04-2019 at 11:48 AM.
      <<<--Between the Evergreens-->>>
      between.the.evergreens <---my IG

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      228i, JKU, Cabriolet
      03-10-2019 02:19 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by SWeaty View Post
      Little jealous of your line of work since I'm an RC nerd. I got photos and video of my neighborhood. That's all I got

I can't even fly in my neighborhood, too closing to the Olympia airport, and in restricted airspace.

Cars
      '12 Ford Explorer, '02 EJ251 Outback
      03-10-2019 02:48 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      I can't even fly in my neighborhood, too closing to the Olympia airport, and in restricted airspace.
      Yeah, the two mile rule makes it a MUCH bigger area than most people think
      <<<--Between the Evergreens-->>>
      between.the.evergreens <---my IG

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      03-10-2019 10:58 PM #6
      I got my 107, haven't gotten drone yet though. Have some good leads on some employment opportunity though. I'm interested in trying 3d mapping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. Member
      Cars
      2006 A4 Avant
      03-18-2019 10:59 AM #7
      Question for you with the 107, how difficult was it to prepare and take the test? I am looking to get mine, but coming in with virtually no knowledge at all. I already took the ALC-451, the majority of which was common sense so was easy to pass. But, I am sure the 107 will be considerably more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SWeaty View Post
      So far, that's all I have gotten photos of as well. Still getting used to flying something that is actually stable and can fly considerable distance from any previous drones I have flown.

Cars
      228i, JKU, Cabriolet
      03-19-2019 04:23 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
      Question for you with the 107, how difficult was it to prepare and take the test? I am looking to get mine, but coming in with virtually no knowledge at all. I already took the ALC-451, the majority of which was common sense so was easy to pass. But, I am sure the 107 will be considerably more involved.

So far, that's all I have gotten photos of as well. Still getting used to flying something that is actually stable and can fly considerable distance from any previous drones I have flown.
      My company took 3 days of 8 hour classes prepping us for the test. I thought that was overkill, but we were supposed to be learning to fly our drones at the same time. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't cooperating so we couldn't fly much. Some people needed all of it and then some. We had some people fail in our training group.

I downloaded Prepware Remote Pilot for my phone. I found that to be an incredibly useful app to study for the test.

I took this shot today while working. Thought this view was more interesting that the wind damaged roof I was inspected.

Last edited by Volkl; 03-19-2019 at 04:26 PM.

11. Member
      Cars
      2006 A4 Avant
      03-20-2019 11:15 AM #9
      Thanks, I just took a practice test at Kingschools.com and scored 55%..... not great, but not terrible considering. It also gives me an idea of what areas I need to focus on with studying (mostly interpreting the maps / weather reports). Will take a look into that app for studying, I installed "UAS 107" but it's not that helpful for studying, just appears to give you questions but no explanation of what you are actually learning. So, it's essentially guesswork on the answers.

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-04-2019 07:03 AM #10
      Thanks, I just took a practice test at Kingschools.com and scored 55%..... not great, but not terrible considering. It also gives me an idea of what areas I need to focus on with studying (mostly interpreting the maps / weather reports). Will take a look into that app for studying, I installed "UAS 107" but it's not that helpful for studying, just appears to give you questions but no explanation of what you are actually learning. So, it's essentially guesswork on the answers.
      I ended up taking a class at local community college. It cost too much and in hindsight i probably could have just studied on my own and passed, but i got a 93 on the test, so it was nice to have that confidence going in.

Some good free info, also has some paid content, but i like his practice test, gives you an idea where you need to study.
      https://www.rupprechtdrones.com/

If you want something more structured but not as expensive as community college (mine was $500) this is cheaper and i know one person that used this: https://www.dronepilotgroundschool.com/

More free practice tests: https://3dr.com/faa/

There's a lot of good info out there, the hardest part was learning to read weather reports and aerial charts, but i imagine if you found a good youtube video explaining them, it's not that hard. Also, when taking the exam they give you a manual with reference material, when you take the exam there are a TON of answers, or helpful hints, within the manual's index, and keys. i basically improved my score by a few questions just because i realized there was so much info in that section of the manual.

13. Member
      Cars
      2006 A4 Avant
      04-04-2019 09:12 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      the hardest part was learning to read weather reports and aerial charts
      Thanks for the info, definitely agree on the weather reports and aerial charts being the toughest piece to figure out. I have been using a couple different free sites for practicing, but do need to focus some more on those 2 areas.

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-04-2019 09:30 AM #12
      Thanks for the info, definitely agree on the weather reports and aerial charts being the toughest piece to figure out. I have been using a couple different free sites for practicing, but do need to focus some more on those 2 areas.
      almost every answer to the questions on the charts could be found using the legend and that includes the lengthy 10-15 pages of just written explanation within the legend.

Cars
      2013 Volt
      04-05-2019 01:12 AM #13
      Remote Pilot Part 107 Study Guide: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...tudy_guide.pdf

FAA Aeronautical Chart User's Guide: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flig...g-complete.pdf

AC-006B "Aviation Weather" (this teaches about weather and atmosphere, not weather reports): https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/...r/AC_00-6B.pdf

AC-00-45H "Aviation Weather Services" (this teaches about all weather reports, not atmospheric theory): https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/.../AC_00-45H.pdf

"Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge" (PHAK, this is the foundation of everything, you'll need Chapter 15, Airspace): https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...aviation/phak/

Here's the Part 107 (SUAS) Initial Course on faasafety.gov: https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/ALC/...g.aspx?cID=451 Set up an account, take the course (it's free).

Federal Aviation Regulations (14CFR): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...cfrv2_02.tpl#0

The Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM): https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publ...-3_2-28-19.pdf