Fourtitude.com - Compatibility question for GTI to golf sportwagen
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      '16 GTI S, perf pack, 2DR 6MT/ '16 Golf sportwagen S
      01-26-2019 06:24 PM #1
      Can anyone tell me if the OEM front and rear sway bars from a '16 GTI will fit on a '16 Golf sportwagen? If so would they improve the handling from whatever is under my golf SW as it came from the factory? I don't have a way to lift the car at home so hoping to get advice before taking into a shop. thx
      Neuspeed: f/r sway bars, sport springs, RSe10 8.5x18, P-flo, downpipe, CBE, short shifter, H+S RSR clutch

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      01-28-2019 04:55 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by easleysp View Post
      Can anyone tell me if the OEM front and rear sway bars from a '16 GTI will fit on a '16 Golf sportwagen? If so would they improve the handling from whatever is under my golf SW as it came from the factory? I don't have a way to lift the car at home so hoping to get advice before taking into a shop. thx

H&R is using the same part number for both the GTI and Sportwagen for the front and rear swaybars... so yes, they are the same. Most likely the stock sway bars are the same and putting a stock GTI swaybar on your Sportwagen will make no difference.

Your best bang for the buck will be an aftermarket rear sway bar. What are your suspension goals, purpose of driving, and current suspension setup?
      2017 Alltrack"R" OEM+ || is38 turbo || APR Stage 2 || APR Intake || CTS Turbo Inlet || CTS TMD || CTS Charge Pipe || Custom FMIC || CTS Throttle Pipe || CTS Catted DP || Custom Exhaust || VW Atlas Wheels || Solo-Werks Coilovers || IG: td1agon #ctsnation #urotuned #bagsareforgroceries #wagonsonly || Not Dealership Friendly

Cars
      01-28-2019 06:57 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by td1agon View Post
      H&R is using the same part number for both the GTI and Sportwagen for the front and rear swaybars... so yes, they are the same. Most likely the stock sway bars are the same and putting a stock GTI swaybar on your Sportwagen will make no difference.

Your best bang for the buck will be an aftermarket rear sway bar. What are your suspension goals, purpose of driving, and current suspension setup?
      Thx, yea only goal was to reduce some of the body roll. My GSW is the S model with the 15-inch wheels, which were chosen for better pothole defense. The GTI is for when I want to have fun, so I'm pretty realistic about keeping the wagon pretty stock but maybe improving the handling a bit.

I assumed that a part that came on the GTI would be stiffer/beefier than what comes on the wagon but maybe not?
      Neuspeed: f/r sway bars, sport springs, RSe10 8.5x18, P-flo, downpipe, CBE, short shifter, H+S RSR clutch

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-29-2019 07:02 PM #4
      It looks like you have the 4mo sportwagen(?) If so you cannot use the rear GTI sway bar. You would need the Golf R sway bar, as it bends around the driveshaft stuff. Oh, and the 4mo has the exact same swaybars as the Audi S3 and Alltrack, so not sure changing them would be a huge improvement.

Cars
      01-29-2019 09:30 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by drader View Post
      It looks like you have the 4mo sportwagen(?) If so you cannot use the rear GTI sway bar. You would need the Golf R sway bar, as it bends around the driveshaft stuff. Oh, and the 4mo has the exact same swaybars as the Audi S3 and Alltrack, so not sure changing them would be a huge improvement.
      Not 4motion. FWD.

8. n00b
      Cars
      2018 Golf Sportwagen 1.8 FWD, 1983 Volvo 245 Turbo
      05-19-2019 02:07 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by easleysp View Post
      Thx, yea only goal was to reduce some of the body roll. My GSW is the S model with the 15-inch wheels, which were chosen for better pothole defense. The GTI is for when I want to have fun, so I'm pretty realistic about keeping the wagon pretty stock but maybe improving the handling a bit.

I assumed that a part that came on the GTI would be stiffer/beefier than what comes on the wagon but maybe not?
      Hey easleysp,

I'm aiming for a similar goal with my own FWD SW. How'd it go? What was the outcome?

CG

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk