2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      01-31-2019 08:10 PM #102
      I was LMAO @ teh Columbia ep.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Cars
      15 Rav4
      01-31-2019 10:10 PM #103
      The monument of Dictator Clarkson was priceless.
      I reject geometry.

Cars
      Hopes and Dreams
      01-31-2019 10:52 PM #104
      I dont know, the second episode seemed rather boring compared to the first. I found myself skipping forward and was less entertained.

Cars
      W116 - W123 - AMG - Land Rovers
      02-01-2019 05:27 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      The monument of Dictator Clarkson was priceless.
      That video they used of people pulling down the Lenin statue is where I lived in Eastern Ukraine. It is just an empty space now. I tell all my friends ''Lenin was here.''

Good times.

Last edited by Harv; 02-02-2019 at 05:25 PM.

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!
      Cars
      '18 VW Alltrack, '15 Outback Limited
      02-02-2019 09:05 AM #106
      I feel like I am watching the end of the trio with this season. The Columbia episode was entertaining but full of homophobia. This dictators one is full of making light of issues refugees and the like are having to live through every day as a part of life. They have always been controversial but I’m wondering how a big company like Amazon can continue to cut checks for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02-02-2019 10:47 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      The Columbia episode was entertaining but full of homophobia. This dictators one is full of making light of issues refugees and the like are having to live through every day as a part of life.
      I hope you aren't French, if so there is an upcoming episode you'll want to avoid.........
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

02-02-2019 11:38 AM #108
      I feel like I am watching the end of the trio with this season. The Columbia episode was entertaining but full of homophobia.
      Meh. I thought the jokes were just stale, not particularly offensive.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

10. Member
      Cars
      Fancy Accord, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      02-02-2019 06:33 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Meh. I thought the jokes were just stale, not particularly offensive.
      Yeah, they were still all predicated on the "being gay is somehow undesirable" though, so I can see why people would be offended/upset. 90% of the attempts at humor are super stale at this point. I stick around for the cinematography and the occasional moment of genuine camaraderie from the group. Also I like cars I guess.

Cars
      2017 VW Golf R Oryxweiß 6MT Stage 2
      02-02-2019 06:46 PM #110
      I feel like I am watching the end of the trio with this season. The Columbia episode was entertaining but full of homophobia. This dictators one is full of making light of issues refugees and the like are having to live through every day as a part of life. They have always been controversial but I’m wondering how a big company like Amazon can continue to cut checks for it.

I'm only on episode three but god damn I love how much they're taking the piss out of the pearl-clutchers so far. It's more than they've ever done it in the past. Respect for Amazon for producing such a based series!!!

Cars
      02-02-2019 06:51 PM #111
      I thought the Donkey f**king scene on episode two was just some sort of joke. Upon further investigation, it definitely is not a joke. TIL there is a culture of bestiality in Colombia and its considered A-OK.....

Build the wall.

13. 02-02-2019 07:18 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Build the wall.
      MAGA .

14. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Cars
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      02-02-2019 08:15 PM #113
      Wasn't too impressed with the pickup episode. I don't really ever take their car advice seriously anyway but they all said barely anything about their trucks and spent a lot more time than even these three normally do making a mess, blowing up unnecessary amounts of stuff and just being general morons.

Don't have a lot of faith that this show runs beyond Season 4, and that's only because they already announced it.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

15. Member
      Cars
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      02-02-2019 08:31 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      Yeah, they were still all predicated on the "being gay is somehow undesirable" though, so I can see why people would be offended/upset. 90% of the attempts at humor are super stale at this point. I stick around for the cinematography and the occasional moment of genuine camaraderie from the group. Also I like cars I guess.
      I too was deeply offended that a segment of society was the butt of a joke. That is just toxic and humor has no place unless it is harmless to all.

I think the show would be better if the hosts said nothing at all. Perhaps they could all nod or smirk if someone hiccups. As long as people with chronic hiccups aren’t offended.

Cars
      Honda Fit & S2000
      02-02-2019 09:02 PM #115

It has been getting worse & worse.

The show is an embarrassment.

17. 02-02-2019 09:09 PM #116
      I used to laugh every episode. It's hit or miss now.
      The actual car segments are still decent.
      2015 MKVII SE Coupe
      ENGINE:
      Unitronic Stage 1+ | Unitronic FMIC, CF Air Intake + Air Duct & Charge Pipes | CTS TIP | GFB DV | BFI Engine, Tranny Mount + Dogbone SUSPENSION & RIMS: Matte Anthracite 19x8.5 et45 Rotiform BUCs | 245/35-19 Continental | H&R Sport Springs APPEARANCE: Aerofabb Front Splitter | EZ Lip Side Skirts | Acexxon Rear Reflectors | 50/35 Tint

02-02-2019 11:01 PM #117
      I love how much they're taking the piss out of the pearl-clutchers
      They really aren't. you are reading as much into the episodes as MCTB is.
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Cars
      02-02-2019 11:07 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      They really aren't. you are reading as much into the episodes as MCTB is.
      5 years ago, I would be. In 2019? Have you been paying attention? Kids smirking at a Native American was national news for a week.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      02-02-2019 11:07 PM #119
      The whole “oh they make fun of everybody” thing is just a lame excuse. Is it really OK to say things that are offensive to a group, just because you say offensive things to lots of other groups? Is that really the slippery slope we choose to roll down?

Either way it’s hard to deny that the Trio’s schtick isn’t getting stale. I really do enjoy the vehicle stuff and the cinematography is great. The challenges and travel can be a lot of fun when they aren’t mailing it in.

02-02-2019 11:49 PM #120
      Kids smirking at a Native American was national news for a week.
      I must have missed that reference in the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Is it really OK to say things that are offensive to a group
      Is this in response to the LBGTJeep? Then you might want to take your beef up with the LGBT online magazines that rank the top 'gay' cars for perpetuating stereotypes.

22. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      02-02-2019 11:54 PM #121
      The whole “oh they make fun of everybody” thing is just a lame excuse. Is it really OK to say things that are offensive to a group, just because you say offensive things to lots of other groups? Is that really the slippery slope we choose to roll down?
      Time to head to your safe space, bucko...
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Cars
      02-02-2019 11:58 PM #122
      I’m responding specifically to the people that are saying the LGBTQ community shouldn’t be offended, because the trio makes fun of everybody.

I can’t personally say if that was offensive, because I’m not gay. Certainly lots of gay folks didn’t find it amusing, and have said so publicly. I’ll take them at their word that they were offended.

I do think it was lame that they dragged that joke out for the entire episode. It wasn’t that funny to begin with, and there continued glee over the running gag was just eye rolly.

Just my opinion.

Cars
      02-03-2019 12:00 AM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Stingray View Post
      Time to head to your safe space, bucko...

02-03-2019 12:46 AM #124
      Certainly lots of gay folks didn’t find it amusing, and have said so publicly.
      I actually tried to google the uproar of which you speak and it was dreadfully unfulfilling of a rant. Have you a non-social media (read: news) source to prop up this claim?

Cars
      02-03-2019 01:11 AM #125
      No, I’ve just seen it trending on Twitter, where everything is overblown, both ways.

This isn’t a huge cause for me or anything, I thought I’d add my opinion to the discussion that was taking place is all.

I thought it was interesting since Will Young guested on the show previously.
      Last edited by Sporin; 02-03-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast