Fourtitude.com - Is there a way to search for laptops with USB-C power delivery?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      01-14-2019 02:16 PM #1
      My wife needs a new laptop and I want to get something 13" or smaller that has USB-C power delivery. I am finding a lot of computers with USB-C + DisplayPort but it is hard to search for the ones that have power delivery, too. I would like an 8th-gen processor (i3 is fine), 8 or 16 GB RAM and a 256 GB SSD (NVMe preferred but SATA would be okay). No dedicated graphics needed and would like to find something <$600ish.

What I want to do is to get the Dell P2419HC monitor which is about $150 refurb'd. It has USB-C and a bunch of ports and a bunch of other ports. You can get the little soundbar for it, plus connect the keyboard and mouse to it. Then when you come home with the laptop, you just have to connect the single USB-C cable coming from the monitor to access the peripherals, send out the video signal and charge the laptop -- basically eliminates a dock.

I know the XPS 13 and some of the upper-end Inspirons have it, but I don't need the luxury stuff and would prefer a Latitude for sturdiness/upgradability/repairability and am not finding much. Any suggestions?

Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      01-14-2019 03:16 PM #2
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      01-14-2019 03:33 PM #3
      Haha, thanks. I searched with some other term combinations and that did NOT come up. 'preciate it .

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      04-18-2019 11:25 PM #4
      If anyone else comes across this, we ended up with a Latitude 7390 which will charge off USB-C. I paired it with the above monitor, hooked the keyboard and mouse to it, then snaked out the USB-C cable and it charges the laptop , plus transmits the video and USB over the one cable.