Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
      Cars
      mk6 CW GTI, '20 CX5GT, Mitsu Outlander Sport, sold - mk4 futura GTI
      03-08-2019 01:56 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Disagree.

We sell every e63 estate my MB store gets in. Quickly at that. There is a market for these. Just not a big one (read suv sized).
      yes, exactly... you'll sell tens of them!
      praise the lowered
      ¡save manuel!

Originally Posted by George Bluth >>
      It's so obnoxious when VW Golf/Jetta owners comment

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2020 Toyota 86
      03-08-2019 02:01 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      Considering you don't seem to own anything that was built in this decade, I don't care about your opinion either.

Come back and contribute when you are willing to spend money on a new car. New car sales are what justify models, so....what do you bring to this conversation?

If you want a wagon, buy one. Now. New. Then you get to whine about choice. Until then, shut up.
      Buying one is pointless. Put in a fleet order for 1000 and you might start to have an impact. Got a cool hundred million ready to get your wagons?

03-08-2019 02:03 PM #103
      I feel pretty certain Audi will be able to move hundreds RS6 Avant easily in the first year. The big unknown is if they can keep it up year after year like Mercedes can do with E63 wagon.

If I recall, RS7 sales spiked and fell very quickly after the first year or two. Maybe Audi will staggered the avail of RS6 Avant and RS7 in different model years to keep the pot on boil longer.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the RS4 Avant size... there is absolutely no competition there if Audi wants to do that. RS6 Avant will be $100k+ so it is a heavier lift.

03-08-2019 02:13 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Buying one is pointless. Put in a fleet order for 1000 and you might start to have an impact. Got a cool hundred million ready to get your wagons?
      But that just makes my point even more so.

People who complain about wagons being the next big thing, but only have a fleet of vehicles that are at most 10 years old, and (assuming) bought used.....that's like complaining about the President without having voted in the general election. If you're not going to put skin in the game, why are you complaining?

The only way the tide turns back to wagons is in bulk, and that means people like whats-his-name nutting up, reaching for their wallet, and buying whatever wagons are out there brand new, from a dealer, now.

If you aren't willing to vote with your wallet, you are basically tacitly agreeing to not change things.

Let's change gears here, because this post is blurring how I feel about this:

I think the RS6 coming here is awesome, and I WILL try to find a way to buy one if I can afford it. That's a big if, but it makes a huge amount of sense for the "performance car" slot in my garage currently occupied by a Golf R. That makes it a supporting vehicle to the SUV, not a replacement for it, but a sale is a sale.
      Last edited by Maximum_Download; 03-08-2019 at 02:16 PM.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

6. Member
      Cars
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      03-08-2019 03:06 PM #105
      Considering you don't seem to own anything that was built in this decade, I don't care about your opinion either.

Come back and contribute when you are willing to spend money on a new car. New car sales are what justify models, so....what do you bring to this conversation?

If you want a wagon, buy one. Now. New. Then you get to whine about choice. Until then, shut up.
      How much a year do I need to piss away in depreciation to be allowed to start threads?

Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      03-08-2019 03:27 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      I feel pretty certain Audi will be able to move hundreds RS6 Avant easily in the first year. The big unknown is if they can keep it up year after year like Mercedes can do with E63 wagon.

If I recall, RS7 sales spiked and fell very quickly after the first year or two. Maybe Audi will staggered the avail of RS6 Avant and RS7 in different model years to keep the pot on boil longer.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the RS4 Avant size... there is absolutely no competition there if Audi wants to do that. RS6 Avant will be $100k+ so it is a heavier lift.
      Audi has the in-between models too, S7, S6, etc, which I think ultimately affects the sale of the RS models. Mercedes, otoh, hasn't brought the in-between models for the E class wagon. So it's either the E400 (no slouch), or the crazy E63. Granted, Mercedes has the in-between models on its SUVs, but there, sales aren't as concerning as there is more volume to begin with.

03-08-2019 03:41 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      How much a year do I need to piss away in depreciation to be allowed to start threads?
      If you won't vote, you don't get to bitch about the election.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

9. Member
      Cars
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      03-08-2019 04:58 PM #108
      If you won't vote, you don't get to bitch about the election.
      In elections there can only be a single winner. Automotive manufactures can sell wagons and still offer CUVs to meet the demands of the lower class.

Your analogy sounds like it would come from someone myopic enough to believe that a single vote can lead to policy change.
      Last edited by Sonderwunsch; 03-08-2019 at 06:34 PM.

10. Member
      Cars
      01 Passat 4MO Wagon, 6sp manual and 1.8T swap. 05 Golf 2.0
      03-09-2019 03:00 PM #109
      Dear Stock Market, Please provide 30% returns so I can buy a new A6 wagon. If you feel generous, please provide 50% returns so I can afford a new RS6 wagon.
      Thanks,
      Wagon Fan.

Since the stock market does not seem to be cooperating, I may be another who buys it in 5 years.

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      07-02-2019 09:48 AM #110
      Audi Canada has announced the return of the A6 Allroad.

Audi Canada is pleased to announce the world debut of the 2020MY Audi A6 allroad quattro. 20 year since the original global debut and 16 years since it was last sold in Canada, the A6 allroad quattro will be returning to the Canadian market.

With standard all-wheel drive and adaptive air suspension with variable ground clearance, the A6 allroad quattro is at home in any environment. The distinctive look and extensive equipment round out the multifaceted talents of the A6 allroad quattro.
      The adaptive air suspension with controlled damping comes standard in the Audi A6 allroad quattro and was tuned specifically for the A6 allroad to boost its off-road capabilities. It adjusts the ride height depending on the road speed and the selected mode set in the Audi drive select system. In auto and comfort modes, the A6 allroad quattro sets off at standard ride height with a ground clearance of 139 mm (5.5 in), which can be automatically adjusted with active speed-dependent control. If the highest ride height is selected and the speed does not exceed 35 km/h, the body is raised 45 mm (1.8 in). The body is lowered automatically when this speed is exceeded. At highway speeds above 120 km/h (74.6 mph), the ride height is lowered by 15 millimeters (0.6 in). If the A6 allroad quattro sets off in offroad mode, which covers speeds up to 80 km/h (49.7 mph), the body is 30 millimeters (1.2 in) higher than the standard ride height. Traveling at very slow speeds below 35 km/h (21.7 mph), lift mode adds another 15 millimeters (0.6 in), raising the ground clearance 45 millimeters (1.8 in) above the normal position.

In addition to the specially adapted suspension, the A6 allroad quattro offers additional comfort features including standard hill descent control and tilt angle assist that allow it to take off-road terrain in its stride. When negotiating light terrain, the driver can call up a display on the MMI monitor, which shows the current tilt angle in the longitudinal and transverse directions �" where the vehicle is at risk of tipping over, a warning appears. On a steep slope the hill descent control limits the speed in the range of 2 to 30 km/h to a figure defined by the driver and brakes all four wheels selectively and individually as necessary. On loose surfaces the system provides an additional braking wedge in front of the wheel by using a special ABS brake function. In the Audi drive select offroad mode, all the relevant dynamic handling systems through to stabilization control are tailored to off-road conditions.

The A6 allroad quattro features an undeniably striking off-road style with its wide wheel arch trims, painted in scandium grey, emphasizing its robust character. The wide, low Singleframe grille with its vertical aluminum struts dominates its front end while the blade and the underbody protection in aluminum finish add a distinct look.
      The interior of the A6 allroad quattro is a luxurious and quiet as expected from an Audi A6 family member and is available with Valcona leather seats with heat, ventilation and massage functions.

The A6 allroad quattro is equipped in Canada with the 3.0L TFSI engine with Audi�TMs mild hybrid technology (MHEV), which makes driving even more efficient. The belt alternator starter as the central MHEV component recovers up to 8 kW of power during braking and feeds the electricity into a separate lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 10 Ah. The new Audi A6 allroad quattro can coast from under 22km/h with the engine switched off using the improved start-stop mode.
      The A6 allroad quattro features the same extensive infotainment range found in its A6 and A7 sister models with available Virtual Cockpit plus and standard Audi connect Navigation and Infotainment and Audi connect Security and Assistance systems.

12. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      07-02-2019 10:39 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      You can start all the threads you want... but expecting manufacturers to factor in the bitching of an internet tough guy with no skin in the game over actual paying customers is idiotic

If you're cool with that then I think we are all in agreement

Cars
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      07-02-2019 10:42 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      You can start all the threads you want... but expecting manufacturers to factor in the bitching of an internet tough guy with no skin in the game over actual paying customers is idiotic

If you're cool with that then I think we are all in agreement
      Tough talk from the guy who demands Ford bring over the Puma.

14. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      07-02-2019 10:47 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Tough talk from the guy who demands Ford bring over the Puma.
      I demand they bring over ST/RS versions for my bathroom C&D reading pleasure.

06-17-2020 05:19 PM #114
      Online configurator went live today: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...6avant-2021-4A

Build your dream Audi now

Cars
      MK7 GTI
      06-17-2020 05:57 PM #115
      Didn't see sunroof delete.

Cars
      06-17-2020 06:09 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Online configurator went live today: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...6avant-2021-4A

Build your dream Audi now
      That's pretty reasonably priced for what you get, relative to other comparable vehicles out there.

I might have missed this, but I didn't see a choice for the air suspension or the steel spring version. Did that get cut from the NA market after all? It seems the press cars had it.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      06-17-2020 06:30 PM #117
      I actually really like the base 21" wheels

Pretty reasonable actually, my build only adds about 6500 in options. I'd like the B&O too but I wouldn't pay 5k for it.

19. Senior Member
      06-17-2020 06:51 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Me too, kind of had an older sportec wheel vibe to them which was popular 15 or so years ago.

I am not shopping for one but built one anyway and was annoyed that I could't do the Mythos black with the black optic package and then also lost the base wheels.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      06-17-2020 06:56 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      Me too, kind of had an older sportec wheel vibe to them which was popular 15 or so years ago.

I am not shopping for one but built one anyway and was annoyed that I could't do the Mythos black with the black optic package and then also lost the base wheels.

I didn't even realize the black optic package loses the base wheels, so I would leave it off and save the money. So really I would only have about 4k in options.

Up here though I bet they will be separated, they were on my car.

Cars
      06-17-2020 07:01 PM #120
      I didn't even realize the black optic package loses the base wheels, so I would leave it off and save the money. So really I would only have about 4k in options.

Up here though I bet they will be separated, they were on my car.
      Same here. The base wheels with Sebring Black Crystal looks really good.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      06-17-2020 07:05 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Same here. The base wheels with Sebring Black Crystal looks really good.
      I think I would do Navarra with the cognac seats, base wheels, and aluminum interior trim

Cars
      06-17-2020 07:09 PM #122
      I think I would do Navarra with the cognac seats, base wheels, and aluminum interior trim

The cognac is too light, IMO. I'd go black, with silver stitching, Sebring black, base wheels, and still undecided on the interior trim. Not in the market now, so no rush to decide.

24. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      06-17-2020 07:18 PM #123
      I cant wait to see the navarra in person

Although I checked my eta... its so far away
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      06-17-2020 07:20 PM #124

Pretty reasonable actually, my build only adds about 6500 in options. I'd like the B&O too but I wouldn't pay 5k for it.
      It's a $110,000 car. What's another $5k?
      iain

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfUnV View Post
      This...
      ... he stuck his thumb into my butt cheek, held it there for 2-3 minutes, and i haven't had any pain since.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      06-17-2020 07:25 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      It's a $110,000 car. What's another $5k?
      At least for me there has to be value there. It's 5k for a stereo upgrade when the stock stereo is probably still really good. When you consider all the other options I would want are less combined...

Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      I cant wait to see the navarra in person

Although I checked my eta... its so far away
      I think it looks good in white too. But I have never owned a blue car.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast