Fourtitude.com - Does Delvac One 5-40 meet VW 502?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 01-09-2019 05:17 PM #1
      Anyone know?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Gen VI VW
      01-10-2019 05:27 PM #2
      Here's the list of Approved Oil

4. Member
      Cars
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      01-30-2019 06:40 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
      Anyone know?
      no
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 02-06-2019 11:10 PM #4
      Not understanding why anyone cares about VW502. It's a lenient lube spec that's been around a long time. I view it as a "minimum" - certainly not anything I would consider "required" for an engine oil choice. Lots of great oils that work well in current VWs don't have that cert.

7. 02-25-2019 12:05 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
      Not understanding why anyone cares about VW502. It's a lenient lube spec that's been around a long time. I view it as a "minimum" - certainly not anything I would consider "required" for an engine oil choice. Lots of great oils that work well in current VWs don't have that cert.
      Aim higher and get an oil with MB 229.5, Porsche A40 and BMW LL-01...in addition to 502.

8. 09-30-2019 03:44 AM #6
      VW 502 is an old weak crappy spec.

To have an oil "meet" it means you have the worst possible oil formulation for a European car.

HD truck oils are better right off the bat, so don't worry about that. 502 is like truck oil of 20 years ago.

MB 229.5 is the top spec, and the one to look for if you are relying on specs, which is not a bad approach.

https://online.lubrizol.com/relperftool/pc.html

I prefer Chevron Delo over Rotella or Delvac based on published properties in the PDS.

9. Member
      Cars
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-20-2019 10:43 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Junkie View Post
      VW 502 is an old weak crappy spec.

To have an oil "meet" it means you have the worst possible oil formulation for a European car.

HD truck oils are better right off the bat, so don't worry about that. 502 is like truck oil of 20 years ago.

MB 229.5 is the top spec, and the one to look for if you are relying on specs, which is not a bad approach.

https://online.lubrizol.com/relperftool/pc.html

I prefer Chevron Delo over Rotella or Delvac based on published properties in the PDS.
      You're good at using things out of context.

The Lubrizol tool tells you that their tool is not a literal translation of performance requirements and should be not be used as a replacement for evaluating engine oil performance. So according to Lubrizol, you are not using their tool properly.

The RLI chart, that's data from actual people that submitted data to RI_RS4. Where's the data comparing Fe (ppm) in UOA's compared to MB229.5 on the RS4 engine? RLI is a boutique oil that was funded by RI_RS4 to have Terry Dyson as a consultant.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

10. 10-24-2019 08:30 PM #8
      Except nobody asked your opinion.

11. 11-10-2019 10:49 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Junkie View Post
      Except nobody asked your opinion.
      And you didn't ask to be put on my ignore list, either. Oh well, shyt happens.