VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: RD Sport C4 Forged 5x130 19" Wheels

803 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  alxdgr8 
#1 ·
Very rare set of wheels from RDSport (RD Sport, Racing Dynamics). These were manufactured in the early 2000's and forged in the USA by APP (Aluminum Performance Products) in California. They have a unique barrel design that makes them very strong yet light. These are the only set of RD Sport wheels in 5x130 that I've been able to find. These were originally around $1,000 EACH!

RD Sport C4
Porsche 5x130 bolt pattern
Fronts are 19x8.5 ET46
Rears are 19x10 ET54
1pc Forged
Center bore appers to be the Porsche standard 71.6mm (my calipers don't fit inside the wheel to measure; tape looks like it's close to 2.81")

Do your homework to see if they fit your car. I'm am not sure what all model Porsches these widths/offsets fit. I believe these wheels were previously mounted on a 996.

I'm not sure if the faces are chromed or if they're just polished with clearcoat. There are some spots of curb rash and peeling clearcoat. It would be best to powdercoat them or you could repair and repolish.
One of the rear wheels does have a bit of damage to the inner lip and should be straightened as the lip is slightly bent. No evidence of cracks or major bend to the barrel.

NOT INCLUDED in the price are optional very rare Ralph Boothe Designs Porsche hood crest centercaps (non-floating). These are CNC machined out of billet aluminum to fit OE hood crests and no longer made. They were patented back in the day. Ralph used to sell these for $400/set NOT including the crests which cost around another $350-400. These were specially made for these wheels and I'll sell them for an additional $200. Each cap has a genuine Porsche gold hood crest. The center caps need to be refinished as some of the chrome is flaking off. One noticeably more than the others.

$700 for the wheels
+$200 for the centercaps

Pickup in South Seattle.
Will ship at the buyer's expense for both packaging and shipping costs.

More pictures on CL: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wto/d/seattle-rare-porsche-rd-sport-c4-forged/6788682201.html

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.