Fourtitude.com

1. 01-02-2019 11:56 PM #1
      What is the oil capcity on a 2017 1.4t jetta,

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-02-2019 11:59 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by raaizin View Post
      What is the oil capcity on a 2017 1.4t jetta,
      4.5 qts with filter 4.2 qts without filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 09-02-2019 05:19 PM #3
      The correct amount is 4.2 Qts With Filter per the owners manual.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2vacmfq.jpg
      Last edited by Encinoman45; 09-03-2019 at 06:11 PM.
      2017 VW Jetta SE
      1987 Chevy R10 Custom Deluxe

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 09-04-2019 02:54 PM #4
      Maybe if the dealer or quicklube hurrily put the drainplug back.

With front of Jetta on ramps, I pulled my plug and filter, did other things for 1/2 hr, and it took 4.5 quarts to get to the full level as opposed to the 4.2qt textbook amount.

7. 09-04-2019 07:25 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Greasymechtech View Post
      Maybe if the dealer or quicklube hurrily put the drainplug back.

With front of Jetta on ramps, I pulled my plug and filter, did other things for 1/2 hr, and it took 4.5 quarts to get to the full level as opposed to the 4.2qt textbook amount.
      Greasymechtech,
      I change my own oil.
      Like you, I had also put in 4.5 qts to get to the full mark after letting the oil drain for at least 15-20 minutes. However, after leaving it sit overnight, and randomly checking it again over the next few weeks I found it is now a little overfull. I guess it takes a good while for all the residual oil to drain down into the pan on this engine.. I just left it like it is, but next time, it will be exactly 4.2 qts.
      Last edited by Encinoman45; 09-04-2019 at 07:29 PM.
      2017 VW Jetta SE

8. 09-04-2019 09:03 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Encinoman45 View Post
      Greasymechtech,
      I change my own oil.
      Like you, I had also put in 4.5 qts to get to the full mark after letting the oil drain for at least 15-20 minutes. However, after leaving it sit overnight, and randomly checking it again over the next few weeks I found it is now a little overfull. I guess it takes a good while for all the residual oil to drain down into the pan on this engine.. I just left it like it is, but next time, it will be exactly 4.2 qts.
      What i usually do is fill the oil filter with oil to the top then again and let the oil sink in. Then I use whatever is left until there’s just a little less than one quart. Sits right before that wedge on the dipstick where full mark is. I use Mobil 1 0w-40 for the past 70k Miles with a Mobil 1 filter all changed every 5k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. 09-04-2019 10:43 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Encinoman45 View Post
      Greasymechtech,
      I change my own oil.

Dipstick is calibrated for a hot engine oil check, typical for someone that exercises the dipstick at the gas station after filling the vehicle up.

With the engine at operating temperature, park the vehicle on a level surface to help prevent an incorrect oil level reading.
      Switch off the engine and wait a few minutes for the engine oil to flow back into the oil pan.

10. 09-05-2019 09:23 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Greasymechtech View Post
      Dipstick is calibrated for a hot engine oil check, typical for someone that exercises the dipstick at the gas station after filling the vehicle up.

With the engine at operating temperature, park the vehicle on a level surface to help prevent an incorrect oil level reading.
      Switch off the engine and wait a few minutes for the engine oil to flow back into the oil pan.
      Thanks for the additional info. It looks like my oil level is fine then.
      2017 VW Jetta SE