VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax

11K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  gruppe-b 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I had just used my the last of my Sonax Spray and Seal when I first saw the ads for this about a month ago. I've been a Meg's fanboi for a long time and am excited to try this out and see how it does.

#4 ·
just bought a bottle. i'll let you know how it works

#5 ·
I ordered 2 bottles of the Meg's HCW, was able to find them for $14.99 w/ free shipping. Tracking says they will be here this afternoon so maybe be able to give it a try on sunday. Possibly on friday and then drive the car to go snowboarding saturday on the dirty sandy and slushy road to see how it goes.

#8 · (Edited)
Used the Meg's on my new Pilot a month or so ago. I was super lazy and didn't clay bar like I should have...just used the recommended Meg's wash with the "micro polishers" or whatever before hand. Application method I used was sorta drying a panel, spraying the product on, then wiping it around with a damp micro fiber towel for total panel application, and hosing it off. End result was great. Felt about as smooth as the 2.5 year old cQuartz sealer we have on our Golf. Bugs tend to clean off a bit easier so far.

Only issue is streaking on windows, but it wasn't terrible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Used this stuff the other day. Followed the recommended first application method of spraying on wet and drying with a towel. It rained all day yesterday and the car still looks great. Looking forward to wiping it down again and using a follow up coat with the spray on and hose off method for continued results.

#11 ·
Keep in mind you'll still need to wipe it down afterwards when drying as it will tend to streak. Decent product, nothing earth shattering but FWIW, just remember to wipe down after.

#10 · (Edited)
it's at the top of my top automotive 'to do' list. stuff sounds great.
a friend of mine tried it on his 2017 Toyota wagon a couple of weeks ago and raved about it--said it kicks a** :thumbup:

5/24--finally got to try the wax.it works great! i did have a bit of trouble with the wax streaking (my car wasn't totally 'cool to the touch' as the instructions suggest)
went out and buffed it a little bit more today and to get the glass cleaned up better. overall, very pleased with the results.

#12 ·
Ok guys, I am still a fan of HCW but I've moved on to Turtle Wax Seal N' Shine and recommend it to you all immediately! It's much easier to apply (spray and wipe on a dry car), it's way more durable (see video below) and most impressively it's $6.97 per bottle at walmart! At this price point it almost defies logic but this stuff really is that good! Just watch the video.

#13 ·
I had been using Megs Ultimate Quick Wax for years on mine and my wife's cars. But I bought a bottle of the Hybrid Ceramic to try out. I used a stripping soap (Megs Deep Cleaning Super Soap) on my wife's Elantra to remove any old layers of wax.
Applied Hybrid Ceramic and I was blown away. It helped to dry the car and looked great, and two weeks later I'm noticing that her car is much cleaner than it used to be. Less water and dirt spots and we have had a ton of rain here in NE FL.

Going to apply it as a top layer on my GTI this weekend.

Overall really happy with it.

#14 · (Edited)
Looked around the 2 local auto stores in my town yesterday afternoon,no Turtle Wax Seal & Shine to be found anywhere :( Will need to go online and search their store's product locator,I guess? results are very impressive on the video.can't wait to try it!

8/10/19--Found some at an Advance Auto store a few towns away!! tried it on my new wheels--looks great.going to apply it to the car tomorrow.seems pretty straightforward as far as application goes.wipe on/wipe off one panel at a time :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.