Fourtitude.com - Does anyone here sim race?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
      Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      04-08-2020 04:40 PM #351
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      I ordered the Gteye pedal springs for my G29, gonna give those a go to see if they improve the overall feel.

From what i've read the brake is a huge improvement. I struggle with the "on/off" switch brake pedal on many of the GT cars in iRacing (Porsche GT3 primarily which I race fairly often).

It's irritating to just barely press the brake and have full lock up at the top of the pedal stroke.

Mind you the G29 brake pedal was a HUGE improvement over the G27, but this should be what i'm looking for. We'll see.
      Agreed. the G29 brake pedal is the worst part of the three. The clutch could also be a bit heavier.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      04-08-2020 05:57 PM #352
      So, let's say I have $1200 to spend on a setup with VR, where should I spend it? I already have a PC that can run it (2600x, 1070ti, 32gb RAM), but over the last several years every time I've thought about doing a rig I just thought "nah parts/seat time for real car." I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      This place is going to hell on a Thule roof rack.

4. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      04-08-2020 09:44 PM #353
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Congrats, welcome to my sig

04-09-2020 09:59 AM #354
      Having a brake pedal with a stiffer variable rate spring and a load cell is game changing. I can completely disable ABS in game and consistently hit the traction threshold under braking based on the feeling in the pedal.

Something I found interesting for the logitec pedal sets is a lot of people have mod kits available to either replace the springs, add a load cell, or add foam or rubber inserts (apparently fuel hose works) inside the brake spring to simulate a load cell.

Cars
      4 Cars, 30 cylinders, 2 turbos, 1500hp and 23 gears
      04-09-2020 10:11 AM #355
      Quote Originally Posted by corrado-correr View Post
      Having a brake pedal with a stiffer variable rate spring and a load cell is game changing. I can completely disable ABS in game and consistently hit the traction threshold under braking based on the feeling in the pedal.

Something I found interesting for the logitec pedal sets is a lot of people have mod kits available to either replace the springs, add a load cell, or add foam or rubber inserts (apparently fuel hose works) inside the brake spring to simulate a load cell.
      A good brake pedal will make you substantially faster once you get a feel for it and can modulate. What I like about the CSL pedals is they give you different weight "inserts/springs" so you can adjust to your liking. You can also change the force settings in game for fine tuning.

For those running Fanatec parts, how do you get the clutch to work? I've been playing with settings and its almost like the system doesnt recognize its connected.

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      04-09-2020 10:19 AM #356
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post

Congrats, welcome to my sig
      I even prepaid all of my autox events.

I found a guy that has the G920 with the shifter and on a mobile stand for $500, does that sound like a fair deal?

04-09-2020 10:26 AM #357
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboREX View Post
      A good brake pedal will make you substantially faster once you get a feel for it and can modulate. What I like about the CSL pedals is they give you different weight "inserts/springs" so you can adjust to your liking. You can also change the force settings in game for fine tuning.

For those running Fanatec parts, how do you get the clutch to work? I've been playing with settings and its almost like the system doesnt recognize its connected.
      Likewise for the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals it comes with 6 different springs and a little preload one.

Side bar on clutch pedals, while racing rear wheel drive cars (only on the RWD cars, that ive noticed so far) in DiRT Rally 2.0 even with the sequential transmission installed you have to press in the clutch on the low speed hairpin turns or the engine stalls. It took me a while to realize this is what was happening, as I was just banging gears with the flappy pedals.

9. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      04-09-2020 10:35 AM #358
      Yeah, I prepaid for 10 track days. They're being really cool about it and letting us move them to dates later in the season...still...best case scenario my summer/fall become overly busy.

10. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      04-09-2020 10:37 AM #359
      Quote Originally Posted by corrado-correr View Post
      Side bar on clutch pedals, while racing rear wheel drive cars (only on the RWD cars, that ive noticed so far) in DiRT Rally 2.0 even with the sequential transmission installed you have to press in the clutch on the low speed hairpin turns or the engine stalls. It took me a while to realize this is what was happening, as I was just banging gears with the flappy pedals.
      Kinda sounds like an F1-style transmission--clutch is automated for 1-8 but manual for 0-1.

Cars
      S4, R32, Alltrack
      04-09-2020 12:56 PM #360

I found a guy that has the G920 with the shifter and on a mobile stand for $500, does that sound like a fair deal?

the wheel and pedals are $400 new, the shifter is ~$65, and whatever that stand cost.

$500 might be a little steep in my opinion, especially depending on the hours accumulated. maybe $350-400 picked up?
      welcome to the layer cake

12. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      04-09-2020 01:03 PM #361
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      the wheel and pedals are $400 new, the shifter is ~$65, and whatever that stand cost.

$500 might be a little steep in my opinion, especially depending on the hours accumulated. maybe $350-400 picked up?
      I paid around that for all the stuff new. That exact stand, G29 plus shifter. I’d want some money off if someone else has been sweating Corona into it.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      04-09-2020 01:07 PM #362
      I just bought a g920 with the shifter, brand new from Amazon, $246. That stand is probably like $100 at most.... Hard pass on that. Of course I got mine on sale, it's usually a bit more.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      04-09-2020 01:08 PM #363
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      I paid around that for all the stuff new. That exact stand, G29 plus shifter. I’d want some money off if someone else has been sweating Corona into it.

Supposedly he bought it and didn't like using it, so it's sat for the last month. I offered $400 and told him I could basically get all of that for the same price new, he said he was firm. Oh well.

15. Member
      Cars
      2020 Toyota 86
      04-09-2020 01:14 PM #364
      Supposedly he bought it and didn't like using it, so it's sat for the last month. I offered $400 and told him I could basically get all of that for the same price new, he said he was firm. Oh well.
      Can you actually get it new now? Lots of sim stuff is sold out or marked way up. I just sold my stuff on ebay, $1 no reserve, and it sold for basically full new MSRP.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      04-09-2020 01:18 PM #365
      Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Can you actually get it new now? Lots of sim stuff is sold out or marked way up. I just sold my stuff on ebay, $1 no reserve, and it sold for basically full new MSRP.
      jeez I could make like $100 profit on my wheel if I threw it on ebay right now....
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

17. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      04-09-2020 01:31 PM #366
      I feel like I overpaid for my setup, but I didn't really have another option after my Fanatec died. Either no sim racing, or buy stuff that's nearly full price.

What I wouldn't do is buy used for new prices. That guy can go pound sand.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

18. Member
      04-09-2020 01:33 PM #367
      Lol I'd sell my setup for ~$400 and it's got a Fanatec handbrake that was $200 alone.

19. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      04-09-2020 01:43 PM #368
      Quote Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
      Lol I'd sell my setup for ~$400 and it's got a Fanatec handbrake that was $200 alone.
      I do need to get a handbrake. I used to use the paddles to shift in dirt rally, and the sequential shifter for the handbrake. Can't do that with my G29. I'll just be super slow until I buy a handbrake and find a way to mount it.

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      04-09-2020 01:43 PM #369
      I'll buy it

Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      04-09-2020 02:29 PM #370

Way too much coin. Also, I don't know if it's the perspective, but those pedals look way too close to me, unless you are sitting on a dining chair I guess.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

22. Member
      04-09-2020 02:56 PM #371
      I'll buy it
      Too bad you're halfway across the country (I'm in CA).

Cars
      A Rabbit with a snail.
      04-09-2020 03:25 PM #372
      Too bad you're halfway across the country (I'm in CA).
      I literally just spent 200 on a tmx wheel used, in California. Bummer.
      -Jon
      ig:badrabbithabit Formerly known as: monoaural

24. Member
      04-09-2020 03:39 PM #373
      Way too much money for that setup, even slightly used.

I bought a brand new G29 with a Playseat Challenge (shipped!) for around $400. The G29 was $200 during the past two Black Friday sales, so if you can hold out a bit longer, I have no doubt they'll be on sale again.

I don't have the gear shifter, so the clutch pedal is useless (for now). But overall, its comfortable to use, even in non-driving setups.

04-09-2020 04:48 PM #374
      I broke down and ordered a load cell conversion and a few different durometer elastomers for my T3PA-Pro pedals. Not the most economical solution, but I like the construction/form factor (and being able to easily invert them) and sticking with the common ecosystem works for my portable setup (vs Fanatec CSL Elites). Looking forward to a (hopefully) big improvement in braking.

Also grabbed some heavier springs to dial in the clutch a bit better.

2017 Chevy SS | 1977 Trans Am
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

26. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      04-09-2020 08:03 PM #375
      Fanatec pedals are going to take some sorting. Replaced the hall effect sensor, and now the pedals, all three, aren't giving inputs to the computer. I have no idea what's up. I didn't have enough patience to figure it out today. I just wanted to drive finally now that the G29 showed up.

G29 is good. Was able to get some solid runs in on Dirt Rally 2.0. Forgot how hard that game is. Currently first in my series, so a lot of my Dirt Rally time years ago came back. Using the Logitech pedals is rough. I miss my load cell sensor brake, and not having a sequential shifter with pull back set to hand brake is annoying me a lot. The ebrake is used in a rally car for a reason, so not having it is driving me crazy. I'll have to find a solution to that.

Nice to be up and running though. I'll be on Assetto tomorrow if anyone wants to join.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast