Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071 LastLast
    Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1773
      Cars
      Twin Turbo Barge & Old Japanese Land Yacht
      06-11-2019 03:53 PM #1726
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Magnussen hasn't learned anything from Alonso's toxic behavior and how it damaged his career.
      I wish I could have a failed career like Alonso, 30-40 million dollar contracts, ~2 decades in F1, a seat in anything with wheels at 37 years old, and a multiple sport champion.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-11-2019 04:03 PM #1727
      Quote Originally Posted by BluMagic View Post
      I wish I could have a failed career like Alonso, 30-40 million dollar contracts, ~2 decades in F1, a seat in anything with wheels at 37 years old, and a multiple sport champion.
      Nope, misread. Alonso's behavior has damaged his career in that he could have and did want more from it.

So much so that he's still hoping to come back. His mouth put him out of better seats and put of the sport prematurely.

4. 06-11-2019 04:12 PM #1728
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Magnussen has been looking good this year mainly because Grosjean has been under-performing, imo.

While I think both are fast on their day, and Magnussen is more consistent than Grosjean, both of them lack the grit necessary to help the team improve. AT each race, it seems they are struggling to control their driving, let alone doing what's best for the team.

I'd very much like to see Haas with two new driver next year. All the better drivers currently in F1 are under contract elsewhere, so maybe bring in some former F1 guys like JEV, Buemi, or even Kobyashi. Or better yet, give Rossi the chance and partner him with Fittipaldi. That would be a Haas team that I'd get excited about.
      Hass has overachieved on the management and car side and I agree, both of their drivers are crap.

Haas is a very sharp guy and obviously knows how to find good talent and add structure. I hope they dump the chumps, as you posted, there's some good drivers out there that would like a shot in that car.

Cars
      S4, A4, R32
      06-11-2019 04:44 PM #1729

Haas is a very sharp guy and obviously knows how to find good talent and add structure. I hope they dump the chumps, as you posted, there's some good drivers out there that would like a shot in that car.
      maybe that Alonso guy can prove himself in a HAAS and jump start his career.
      welcome to the layer cake

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      06-11-2019 04:48 PM #1730
      Haas has GOT to be wanting a US driver in at least one seat, right? That's got to be the goal for the "American" team.

I don't even know what that would be.... who's the top US open wheel driver right now? Is it Rossi?

7. 06-11-2019 04:51 PM #1731
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      maybe that Alonso guy can prove himself in a HAAS and jump start his career.
      Ha! Alonso had nothing to prove, it's just that he has endured a stunted career, he's full of what could have been. Only himself to blame.

He wants back in and says he will see what's open. I would hate to see him at Haas, he would be a bad apple there. I still don't see Red Bull, Ferrari or Mercedes giving Alonso a look but you never know.

8. 06-11-2019 04:57 PM #1732
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Haas has GOT to be wanting a US driver in at least one seat, right? That's got to be the goal for the "American" team.

I don't even know what that would be.... who's the top US open wheel driver right now? Is it Rossi?
      Metalbelly knows the bio better but yeah, Rossi is US.

I agree it would be a huge draw.

9. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      06-11-2019 06:54 PM #1733
      Metalbelly knows the bio better but yeah, Rossi is US.

I agree it would be a huge draw.
      It could happen. Rossi is getting antsy with his Andretti contract at the moment. With Pagenaud's victory @ the 500, Rossi won't be going to Penske for two years as well. I think it'd be awesome if him or Pato O'ward ended up @ Haas.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

10. 06-11-2019 07:12 PM #1734
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      It could happen. Rossi is getting antsy with his Andretti contract at the moment. With Pagenaud's victory @ the 500, Rossi won't be going to Penske for two years as well. I think it'd be awesome if him or Pato O'ward ended up @ Haas.
      Thanks for the background info.

Rossi impressed me quite a bit, made some races fun to watch.

11. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      06-11-2019 07:15 PM #1735
      Pato O'Ward was signed by Redbull as a development driver, so he'll be in F1 at some point. Rossi just needs a competitive seat to really put on a show.

Cars
      ‘19 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line, ‘89 Cabriolet, ‘18 Tiguan SEL
      06-11-2019 07:21 PM #1736
      That would be awesome!

Cars
      M44/40F20CS65
      06-11-2019 07:28 PM #1737
      Pato O'Ward was signed by Redbull as a development driver, so he'll be in F1 at some point. Rossi just needs a competitive seat to really put on a show.
      Like I said, I'd love to see Rossi and Pietro Fittipaldi both driving for Haas.

While his F1 career was very short, and he's young, I think Rossi has the demeanor and experience to play the role of the senior driver in the team, giving the team consistency, while giving Pietro the chance to provide himself in F1. I'm assuming since he's the current Haas test driver, that he either has or can easily get a superlicense.

14. 06-11-2019 07:52 PM #1738
      Ferrari's keeps screwing Leclerc over. In this race, they left him on the track instead of pitting him one lap after Vettel. He was losing 2 seconds a lap after Vettel got new tires. With a good inlap, he might have passed Hamilton. Then, when Vettel got his five seconds penalty, they conveniently forgot to tell him about it so wouldn't increase his pace and pass Vettel.
      Sent from my Nexus 5 using Google Skynet

15. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      06-11-2019 09:38 PM #1739
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Like I said, I'd love to see Rossi and Pietro Fittipaldi both driving for Haas.
      That would be awesome. Plus if Rossi goes to F1 or Penske, Colton Herta moves up to Andretti.

16. Member
      Cars
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      06-11-2019 09:55 PM #1740
      I'm not sold on Herta yet.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      06-11-2019 11:10 PM #1741

What's ol Scott Speed up to these days? (Ugh, quick check of Wikipedia... he certainly bounced around a lot after his short F1 career).

18. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      06-11-2019 11:15 PM #1742

Cockerpunk is available I think.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

19. 06-12-2019 05:51 AM #1743
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      No manual, no care

Cars
      ‘19 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line, ‘89 Cabriolet, ‘18 Tiguan SEL
      06-12-2019 06:04 AM #1744
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      What's ol Scott Speed up to these days? (Ugh, quick check of Wikipedia... he certainly bounced around a lot after his short F1 career).
      A few years ago, he was heavily involved with iRacing (as a participant).....until he was banned for driving misconduct. He was also teammates with Tanner Faust in GRC, driving the Beetle.

21. 06-12-2019 06:10 AM #1745
      Quote Originally Posted by AutoBear View Post
      Ferrari's keeps screwing Leclerc over. In this race, they left him on the track instead of pitting him one lap after Vettel. He was losing 2 seconds a lap after Vettel got new tires. With a good inlap, he might have passed Hamilton. Then, when Vettel got his five seconds penalty, they conveniently forgot to tell him about it so wouldn't increase his pace and pass Vettel.
      Indeed, Leclerc is in nothing mirectgan a supporting role, Ferrari gave Vettel number 1 status at season's start.

Had they not Leclerc definitely would have more points. I get it, IMO Vettel is a better driver over the whole season but Leclerc has shown he's got enough talent to win GPs.

They did screw Leclerc's pit strategy but according to Binotto they should have told Leclerc to slow to protect Vettel's second place. Leclerc didn't know and pushed like hell and finished six seconds back.

From the article:
      "When Sebastian Vettel was given his now highly controversial five second penalty, Charles Leclerc was not told to back off to protect the team leader’s second place finish.

“I did not know what was going on or that Seb had a penalty,” Leclerc admitted to France’s Auto Hebdo.

“I was just attacking in case something happened in front of me. I did my own race.”

https://grandpx.news/binotto-admits-...trategy-error/

I'm starting to believe the rumors of Vettel retiring or going to another team. Ferrari screwed the design of the car and Vettel continues to make mental mistakes. Add the fact that they are sacrificing a rising and quite vocal star in Leclerc and you see that at the end of this season, Ferrari, Vettel and Leclerc will be in a very negative space, with each wanting to pull things in their direction next year. They can't run with this same arrangement next season.

22. 06-12-2019 08:25 AM #1746
      Of all the strategy screw ups this year, I wouldnt paint this one that harshly. Ferrari split the strategies to accommodate and position Leclerc in the event of a safety car, which is very common to happen in Montreal. From the start they had Seb in the front clearly holding his own against Hamilton and Charles positioned nicely in third even with a different stop strategy - there was no need to rock the boat. Under a safety car, Charles would have been positioned for a first place battle, while Seb would have slipped back with Hamilton. Either way, the team's valuable and much needed point haul was protected. Was it possible for Charles to overhaul Hamilton and Seb towards the end? Possibly. But the risk of a safety car dropping both cars down the field would have been a bigger blunder.

Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      06-12-2019 08:49 AM #1747
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      ARX for Subaru.

My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

Cars
      S4, A4, R32
      06-12-2019 02:17 PM #1748
      the has-been Alonso's career continues to tumble:

Quote Originally Posted by motorsport.com
      Ex-Formula 1 driver Brendon Hartley will slot straight into the seat vacated by Fernando Alonso in Toyota's line-up for the 2019/20 FIA World Endurance Championship season.
      https://us.motorsport.com/wec/news/h...oyota/4471537/
      welcome to the layer cake

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      06-12-2019 02:18 PM #1749
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      No manual, no care

Cars
      2018 VW GSW 4motion - 2016 500 Abarth 5MT booty call
      06-12-2019 02:25 PM #1750
      Add the fact that they are sacrificing a rising and quite vocal star in Leclerc and you see that at the end of this season, Ferrari, Vettel and Leclerc will be in a very negative space, with each wanting to pull things in their direction next year. They can't run with this same arrangement next season.
      Yes they can and yes they will. Unless Vettel runs off to do....well....nothing or LeClerc somehow gets a Mercedes ride (not happening), you will see those exact same drivers in those exact same cars on the grid next year. Ferrari turmoil is a known quantity, but so is the desire to drive for the Scuderia.

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071 LastLast