Fourtitude.com - The 2019 F1 Countdown Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1773
      05-26-2019 09:45 AM #1426
      I don't buy Brundle's reasoning for Red Bull's release b/c of visibility. Across from the pit stall, the team has their timing and scoring booth. I'm sure the folks there could see and through radio communication, hand signals or whatever, they could release the car.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-26-2019 09:50 AM #1427
      Horner is crafty and humorous. Tells Verstappen that he has to take a five minute penalty, that he can mediate it during a pit stop or just pass Hamilton, and then says, "no risks"

4. 05-26-2019 09:55 AM #1428
      So Max has to push Hamilton to either wear out his hard tires or wait for rain, skip the pit stop and gain the 3/4 seconds. Stay out on the mediums. Then get 5+ second lead. Easy enough.

Sent from using Tapatalk

05-26-2019 10:34 AM #1429
      Did Hamilton said "miracle"???

6. 05-26-2019 10:37 AM #1430
      By losing the front tires you lose control, you lose confidence in the brakes and the potential to put it in the wall is greater.

15 laps feel like an eternity for Hamilton right now.

05-26-2019 10:39 AM #1431
      At least Hamilton is not locking it up. So he knows what he's doin'. So just keep focusing!!!

Cars
      Focus RS
      05-26-2019 10:53 AM #1432
      Good job, Max.

9. Member
      Cars
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      05-26-2019 10:57 AM #1433
      Good thing his team didn't listen to Hamilton's whining and told him to man up and stay out.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

10. 05-26-2019 10:59 AM #1434
      Get in there Lewis!

Perfect ending for Niki.

Max put pressure on till the end, good drive by him. Too bad the penalty pushed him off of the podium.

11. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Cars
      2017 MINI Clubman JCW, 2015 VW GTI Autobahn, 2017 MINI Cooper
      05-26-2019 11:05 AM #1435
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Max put pressure on till the end, good drive by him. Too bad the penalty pushed him off of the podium.
      Without the unsafe release he wouldn't have been on the podium either.

12. 05-26-2019 11:06 AM #1436
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Good thing his team didn't listen to Hamilton's whining and told him to man up and stay out.
      Yeah, post race you heard Lewis say he remembers losing Monaco once for doing that, he was going stay out no matter what.
      Last edited by Burnette; 05-26-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Stat = stay, ha!

13. 05-26-2019 11:08 AM #1437
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Without the unsafe release he wouldn't have been on the podium either.
      You're right, that's true too, that move put Verstappen the right spot. As a fan it did make it more interesting as he pushed Hamilton hard. Vettel was said to of had over heating issues, I don't know if he could have pushed as hard.

05-26-2019 11:34 AM #1438
      Even with Verstappen's penalty, all 4 Honda powered cars finished in the top 10 right?

15. 05-26-2019 12:52 PM #1439
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Recently it had revealed that Hamilton brought up joining Ferrari during recent contract negotiation talks with Mercedes. While I don't know the details of the negotiation, I'm sure the Ferrari card was brought up as a negotiating tactic.

Anyone thinks Hamilton at Ferrari would bring back the days of Schumacher at Ferrari? I think you need the likes of Todt and Brawn to finish the recipe. And the current management at Ferrari can't even manage their way out of a paper bag.

But joining Ferrari could bring a sense of challenge to Hamilton. Imagine if he wins just one championship with Ferrari, just one. Something Alonso couldn't do. And Vettel. So far. And imagine if Vettel leaves Ferrari without a championship. Then Hamilton comes in and wins one. Then Hamilton retires on a high. I think that's more than beating Schumacher's title count.
      If he wants a real challenge, he should join Williams and make them win the WDC
      Sent from my Nexus 5 using Google Skynet

Cars
      17' Golf Alltrack
      05-26-2019 12:59 PM #1440
      Is there a record for most whiny team radio messages in one race? If there isn't there should be. #Blessed

17. 05-26-2019 01:12 PM #1441
      Quote Originally Posted by ErikGTI View Post
      Is there a record for most whiny team radio messages in one race? If there isn't there should be. #Blessed
      There is and Vettel won it lifetime when he put it in the wall while in the lead of a sure win at the 2018 German GP and cried, "sorry guys"

18. Member
      Cars
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      05-26-2019 02:09 PM #1442
      That wasn't whiney. That was apologetic for screwing up.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

19. 05-26-2019 02:14 PM #1443
      I didn't know this happened but Petez almost took out two track marshals:

Sergio Perez's quick reactions helped avoid a horrendous incident at the Monaco Grand Prix as the Racing Point driver had to snake his way between two marshals on the track. The track was being cleared after an incident for Charles Leclerc, with Perez pitting seemingly catching out the two marshals.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...seen_incident/

20. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      05-26-2019 03:39 PM #1444
      Anyone thinks Hamilton at Ferrari would bring back the days of Schumacher at Ferrari?
      Nope. And that's not a dig on Lewis. M-B and RBR are too good and Ferrari doesn't have the "total team" to be a clear winner. Exactly what you said re: paper bag.

And imagine if Vettel leaves Ferrari without a championship.
      I am imagining Vettel leaving Ferrari after next season and winning a WDC in a M-B.

And RBR and Horner/Marko love Seb, imagine him going back there and winning one. Like when LeBron came back to Cleveland and won one....
      Last edited by tbvvw; 05-26-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Cars
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      05-26-2019 03:47 PM #1445
      Wait, Lewis said he "wasn't gonna come in" anyway, so then why continue talking about being on the wrong tires so often?

22. 05-26-2019 03:48 PM #1446
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Nope. And that's not a dig on Lewis. M-B and RBR are too good and Ferrari doesn't have the "total team" to be a clear winner. Exactly what you said re: paper bag.

I am imagining Vettel leaving Ferrari after next season and winning a WDC in a M-B.

And RBR and Horner/Marko love Seb, imagine him going back there and winning one. Like when LeBron came back to Cleveland and won one....
      I think the last part is right. A few pages back I posted where Helmut bragged how Vettel still came around and was still close to the team. I see Vettel going back home.

And Verstappen will look for a call from Mercedes and Ferrari. And he will take both calls and choose. Could fall either way. Mercedes is powerful but the call of the red car is strong.

23. 05-26-2019 03:53 PM #1447
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Wait, Lewis said he "wasn't gonna come in" anyway, so then why continue talking about being on the wrong tires so often?
      Toto said the same post race, they put him on the wrong tire and they were shot. No grip and a hard push, Lewis didn't think he could make it before getting past by Verstappen. If Verstappen got bu him he would have sailed away in the distance, maybe far enough to cover his five second penalty.

Toto Wolff admits mediums for Hamilton was mistake: "His driving saved us"

Speaking to RaceFans, Wolff admitted Mercedes had made a mistake fitting the medium tyre on Hamilton's W10.

“It was obviously the wrong call,” Wolff admitted to RaceFans.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...ving_saved_us/

24. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      05-26-2019 03:55 PM #1448
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      I think the last part is right. A few pages back I posted where Helmut bragged how Vettel still came around and was still close to the team. I see Vettel going back home.

And Verstappen will look for a call from Mercedes and Ferrari. And he will take both calls and choose. Could fall either way. Mercedes is powerful but the call of the red car is strong.
      While I agree the call of the red car is strong...if Vettel and Alonso can't make it work...I think it takes some of the shine off that red paint. I think all they can offer is $$$, M-B & RBR can offer $$$ and title winning management.

RBR loves Vettel for a number of reasons and the 4 WDC are just part of the equation. All you have to do is go back to Seb's first win in the red car and see the RBR garage all hug and high five him afterwards in parc ferme to see the relationship.
      Seb used to stay late and help the mechanics pack the entire garage after each race and buy them beers...they don't forget that. I own a property 7 miles from Hanger 7 in Salzburg...Seb is considered a RBR golden child there even today.
      Last edited by tbvvw; 05-26-2019 at 03:58 PM.

25. 05-26-2019 04:05 PM #1449
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      While I agree the call of the red car is strong...if Vettel and Alonso can't make it work...I think it takes some of the shine off that red paint. I think all they can offer is $$$, M-B & RBR can offer $$$ and title winning management.

RBR loves Vettel for a number of reasons and the 4 WDC are just part of the equation. All you have to do is go back to Seb's first win in the red car and see the RBR garage all hug and high five him afterwards in parc ferme to see the relationship.
      Seb used to stay late and help the mechanics pack the entire garage after each race and buy them beers...they don't forget that. I own a property 7 miles from Hanger 7 in Salzburg...Seb is considered a RBR golden child there even today.
      That's my take too. Vettel will end his career at Red Bull. Honda is making gains and Newey will get the car sorted, Seb will be the last missing piece. They will support Seb, keep him positive and provide better strategy.

For Verstappen, true that Ferrari's shimlne is matte in finish now

But Jo's and Max will take the call. What Max decides I couldn't say for sure.

26. 05-26-2019 04:10 PM #1450
      Speaking of Ferrari, just think how much team turmoil and the media PR disaster they would be if Alonso was in that seat this year. He would be lighting them up on camera every chance he got. They're already down, Alonso would bring the gas and matches.

I give respect to Vettel for how he has handled himself in the media, some tough times in the red car, and especially this season so far.

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast