Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      11-30-2018 04:59 PM #76
      They should have incorporated their name into the team name. Out For a Stroll Racing or something like that

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. This is me, 👇. Chillin’ like a bike villain! Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      11-30-2018 05:00 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Out For a Stroll Racing or something like that
      Johnny Walker could sponsor
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

4. 11-30-2018 06:37 PM #78
      Ferrari's team name is Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, ugh!

And I'm happy for Haas, they snapped up a sponsor two other teams were counting, their team name is Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, not bad.

Cars
      4-door Mustang GT 4.6L
      12-01-2018 04:20 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Ferrari's team name is Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, ugh!

And I'm happy for Haas, they snapped up a sponsor two other teams were counting, their team name is Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, not bad.
      I don't know why, but to me Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow sounds cool actually, maybe because it's almost like Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, just more cryptic .

I wonder how long it will be when alcohol is banned from advertising... it's a shame Martini is going away from Williams, such an iconic livery.

12-01-2018 05:08 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo II View Post

I wonder how long it will be when alcohol is banned from advertising...
      Sorry if I sound preachy but I never got alcohol and motorsports. Driving a vehicle and drinking... hello?

7. 12-01-2018 05:23 AM #81
      I don't know why, but to me Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow sounds cool actually, maybe because it's almost like Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, just more cryptic .

I wonder how long it will be when alcohol is banned from advertising... it's a shame Martini is going away from Williams, such an iconic livery.
      For me it's the "Winnow" that's just wrong, Too close to minnow. It could have been worse, it could have been "Ferrari We Vape Yo". You know, with their car smoking this year that would have kinda fit.

Agree about Martini leaving but Williams is dying a slow death. There's an article about how many more technical people they lost just last week, it's a sinking ship.

As crazy as it sounds,at the rate pot has grown it may well find it's way into motorsports.

Cars
      4-door Mustang GT 4.6L
      12-01-2018 06:42 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Sorry if I sound preachy but I never got alcohol and motorsports. Driving a vehicle and drinking... hello?
      I know what you're getting at, but then again just because it is advertised on a vehicle it doesn't mean that you should be doing while driving. It's like if Samsung or Verizon advertise on a racecar, does it mean that everyone should be calling while driving?

For me it's the "Winnow" that's just wrong, Too close to minnow. It could have been worse, it could have been "Ferrari We Vape Yo". You know, with their car smoking this year that would have kinda fit.

Agree about Martini leaving but Williams is dying a slow death. There's an article about how many more technical people they lost just last week, it's a sinking ship.

As crazy as it sounds,at the rate pot has grown it may well find it's way into motorsports.
      The way I look at it, it's a brilliant campaign that is cryptic, yet most people will know it's Marlboro. To me Ferrari in F1=Marlboro and other way around, just so iconic because Schumacher etc..

I think that Williams has it's only faith in Kubica, but if their racecar is not up to par, then no one can achieve good results, it's not only about the driver, but also what he is driving.

Pot advertising will be interesting to see. I wonder if Marlboro will get to that business and be back on racecars with a green livery for their line of pot rolled joints .

9. 12-01-2018 07:12 AM #83
      I know what you're getting at, but then again just because it is advertised on a vehicle it doesn't mean that you should be doing while driving. It's like if Samsung or Verizon advertise on a racecar, does it mean that everyone should be calling while driving?

The way I look at it, it's a brilliant campaign that is cryptic, yet most people will know it's Marlboro. To me Ferrari in F1=Marlboro and other way around, just so iconic because Schumacher etc..

I think that Williams has it's only faith in Kubica, but if their racecar is not up to par, then no one can achieve good results, it's not only about the driver, but also what he is driving.

Pot advertising will be interesting to see. I wonder if Marlboro will get to that business and be back on racecars with a green livery for their line of pot rolled joints .
      Williams sucked already, the further loss of technical people only secures their place at the bottom unfortunately. Still good for Kubica though as he gets to show whether he can still drive or not. But yeah, they'll suck hard next year.

Phillip Morris could do a green/white scheme reminiscent of the Senna car, Ha! But IMO that equates to blasphemy.

Cars
      4-door Mustang GT 4.6L
      12-01-2018 07:34 AM #84
      Williams sucked already, the further loss of technical people only secures their place at the bottom unfortunately. Still good for Kubica though as he gets to show whether he can still drive or not. But yeah, they'll suck hard next year.

Phillip Morris could do a green/white scheme reminiscent of the Senna car, Ha! But IMO that equates to blasphemy.
      I know that red is iconic for Marlboro, but green doesn't look that bad actually, here are some:

11. 12-01-2018 08:02 AM #85
      I know that red is iconic for Marlboro, but green doesn't look that bad actually, here are some:

That's pretty cool! But Senna's red/white Honda is iconic and better lookin' IMO. Kinda dusty dirty dark looking in green there.

12. 12-01-2018 10:21 AM #86
      It's horrible that I sit here in Dubai airport waiting impatiently for next season. Of all the races that I have been to, Abu Dhabi is a very nice track with great facilities. (West Grand Stand)

13. 12-01-2018 02:34 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by smoove7410 View Post
      It's horrible that I sit here in Dubai airport waiting impatiently for next season. Of all the races that I have been to, Abu Dhabi is a very nice track with great facilities. (West Grand Stand)
      Wow, this has been a record year for forum members going to F1 races. Post up pics here if you can, would love to see them.

It's been a great season and I too am looking forward to next season. So many people moving, contracts ending, engines changing, it's gonna be awesome.

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      12-01-2018 02:36 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Family 1st

#F1ST
      Better name than "Racing Point"

Cars
      12-01-2018 02:39 PM #89
      It's actually a product, not for sure how much longer here in the US, but it's a product. .

16. 12-01-2018 02:49 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      It's actually a product, not for sure how much longer here in the US, but it's a product. .

Oh, I know, it's blasphemy though as IMO the red/white car looks better and Senna drove it! That green doesn't show pretty in that paint scheme.

12-03-2018 11:23 AM #91
      http://f1i.com/news/325662-nicholas-...-williams.html

Daniel Ricciardo revealed that the hopes he harbored earlier this year of racing for Ferrari in 2019 were short-lived because of someone's opposition to his presence at Maranello.

Before his decision last summer to switch his allegiance from Red Bull to Renault for next season, the Australian driver had been in discussions with the Scuderia about possibly replacing Kimi Raikkonen for 2019.

Ricciardo admits 'most intense season ever' mentally tested him
      In the end however, the talks fell through, with speculation that Ricciardo's financial demands had perhaps exceeded what Ferrari was prepared to offer.

"I can’t say why," he told Italian outlet Automoto when asked if he wanted too much money.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about. Who said I’d asked for too much money? Evidently someone said no to my arrival.

"Who? I'd like to know, but maybe I have an idea ..."

Cars
      12-03-2018 11:23 AM #92
      Racing Point F1 Team?
      https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...hange/4308086/

The Racing Point F1 team name will change before the start of next season, team boss Otmar Szafnauer has confirmed.

The provisional entry list for the 2019 world championship lists the team and chassis name as Racing Point, but that is just a temporary measure as the Silverstone outfit makes the transition from its former identity as Force India.

The team became Racing Point Force India at the Belgian GP when it was accepted as a new entry.

The FIA was keen for the team to use the company name created for the acquisition by new owner Lawrence Stroll in order to distinguish the new organisation from the previous incarnation as Sahara Force India.

However, Stroll does not have any particular affinity to the name, and a new one is currently under discussion.

"It is just a placeholder to indicate future change which will take place and be announced before the 2019 season," Szafnauer told Motorsport.com.
      I'm kinda glad to hear that isn't going to be their actual name. Even if they crowd-sourced the name and ended up with Formula McFormula Face, it would be better than "Racing Point"
      Last edited by @McMike; 12-03-2018 at 11:32 AM.

19. 12-03-2018 11:29 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by philf1fan View Post
      http://f1i.com/news/325662-nicholas-...-williams.html

Daniel Ricciardo revealed that the hopes he harbored earlier this year of racing for Ferrari in 2019 were short-lived because of someone's opposition to his presence at Maranello.

Before his decision last summer to switch his allegiance from Red Bull to Renault for next season, the Australian driver had been in discussions with the Scuderia about possibly replacing Kimi Raikkonen for 2019.

Ricciardo admits 'most intense season ever' mentally tested him
      In the end however, the talks fell through, with speculation that Ricciardo's financial demands had perhaps exceeded what Ferrari was prepared to offer.

"I can’t say why," he told Italian outlet Automoto when asked if he wanted too much money.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about. Who said I’d asked for too much money? Evidently someone said no to my arrival.

"Who? I'd like to know, but maybe I have an idea ..."
      Oh man, if Vettel nixed the move that's big news for sure! Wow, well, Leclerc isn't as good as Ricciardo but he might get in some hot laps to make Vettel look at the board.

Wow, Ricciardo ar Ferrari would have been the bomb, they should have signed him.

Cars
      M44/40F20CS65
      12-03-2018 12:18 PM #94
      Oh man, if Vettel nixed the move that's big news for sure! Wow, well, Leclerc isn't as good as Ricciardo but he might get in some hot laps to make Vettel look at the board.

Wow, Ricciardo ar Ferrari would have been the bomb, they should have signed him.
      My guess is Arrivabene said no. After all, he wanted to keep Kimi, in order to give Vettel the best chance of winning. He's very pro-Vettel. I'm pretty sure Vettel has denied saying no, and has stated he has no say to his teammate. After all, he preferred Kimi to Leclerc.

I too would have love to have seen Ricciardo at Ferrari. I think he and Vettel would match up well. I think the 2014 season was a fluke for Vettel, with a car he couldn't figure out. In any case, I have high hopes for Leclerc, and think he and Verstappen are the future title contenders, with maybe Norris as well.

Cars
      Honda Fit & S2000
      12-03-2018 01:02 PM #95
      it's a shame Martini is going away from Williams, such an iconic livery.
      Gulf & Martini are my two most overrated/least favorite liveries. :hides:

Marb Menthol packaging is GOAT.

I'm kinda glad to hear that isn't going to be their actual name. Even if they crowd-sourced the name and ended up with Formula McFormula Face, it would be better than "Racing Point"
      Stroll Sport would be a good name IMO.

22. Member
      Cars
      2 Audis, 2 Hondas, 1 BMW, 1 GMC
      12-03-2018 02:16 PM #96
      2 things about the Danny/Ferrari story...

- LeClerc was the front runner that Marchionne wanted to sign before Danny went "on the market", and Sergio brokered that deal before he died.
      - LeClerc had that "arrangement" with Ferrari before Danny and his agent event inquired at Ferrari.

So...it's more complex than just one person at Ferrari saying no.

23. 12-03-2018 03:52 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      My guess is Arrivabene said no. After all, he wanted to keep Kimi, in order to give Vettel the best chance of winning. He's very pro-Vettel. I'm pretty sure Vettel has denied saying no, and has stated he has no say to his teammate. After all, he preferred Kimi to Leclerc.

I too would have love to have seen Ricciardo at Ferrari. I think he and Vettel would match up well. I think the 2014 season was a fluke for Vettel, with a car he couldn't figure out. In any case, I have high hopes for Leclerc, and think he and Verstappen are the future title contenders, with maybe Norris as well.
      You may be right, Arrivabene seems to be the string puller. And absolutely it will be interesting to see what Leclerc can do.

The kicker is that many too drivers will be out of contract at the end if next year, so we could see new names at Ferrari and Mercedes

24. 12-03-2018 03:55 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      2 things about the Danny/Ferrari story...

- LeClerc was the front runner that Marchionne wanted to sign before Danny went "on the market", and Sergio brokered that deal before he died.
      - LeClerc had that "arrangement" with Ferrari before Danny and his agent event inquired at Ferrari.

So...it's more complex than just one person at Ferrari saying no.
      Probably so, it will be interesting!

25. Member
      Cars
      2 Audis, 2 Hondas, 1 BMW, 1 GMC
      12-03-2018 04:05 PM #99
      Probably so, it will be interesting!
      If Seb didn't have any say in the Kimi / Charles situation, he probably didn't have any input into Danny either. If up to Seb, Kimi would still be there.

12-03-2018 04:26 PM #100
      Lance Stroll should just name the team: Daddy's Team.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast