VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2002 Audi S6 Avant - 192K Miles - Issues - Resto/Salvage due to keying - $2500

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  azwagonguy 
#1 ·
Up for sale today is my 2002 Audi S6 Avant. I purchased this car back in July of 2015 with 168K miles on the clock and its really just been a weekend/trip kind of vehicle since then. A couple weeks back some jackass decided to key it and made a full circle all the way around the car, hit every panel except the front and rear bumpers and roof. Insurance ended up totaling it dude to high cost of repainting the entire vehicle. It now is a restored salvage title due to the scratches. Its needing some repairs that I'm just not in any position to pay for so have decided to let it go. Below is a breakdown of what i've done to the car since owning it and most (if not all) of the repairs need to be addressed.

Service History since I have owned it:

August 2015 - Installed new radiator fan

October 2015 @ 170K miles: Tuning Gruppe of Mesa replaced timing belt, water pump, thermostat, crank & cam seals, radiator, coolant vent hose, spark plugs, and cabin air filter. Also did transmission fluid change.

January 2016 - 175K miles: Exklusiv Motorsports installed new KW V1 coilovers, 034 Motorsports solid tie rod ends, all front control arms, and brake pads on all 4 corners.

March 2016 - 176K miles: Oil change and install of new coolant reservoir.

Sept 2016 - 182K miles: Replaced coolant temp sensor

November 2016 - 183K miles: Installed Klutch KM20 19x10 wheels with Hancook tires and a set of custom 12mm hubcentric spacers.

As you can see most of the major services that would need to be done at this mileage have been, but there are still some things that need to be addressed.

Leaks Oil (for sure passenger valve cover, slightly on driver side)

Leaks power steering fluid (looks like its one of the lines, not the reservoir)

Will overheat on hot days when sitting at a light or idling for awhile. In the current weather its a non-issue and when driving it never overheats.

Driver headlight bulb needs to be replaced.

Cats were making a ton of racket so they were cutout and straight pipes were welded in their place. Also removed stock mufflers and had Magnaflow style mufflers installed. Not obnoxious at all, very low rumble at idle, roars at WOT. (thats what CEL is for) No drone of any kind!

Images on Craiglist Listing:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/2002-audi-s6-avant-42l-v8/6748343243.html

I think that about covers it. Gots some leaks, gots some scratches, price has been adjusted accordingly. Please reach out to me if you have any questions, 520-456-6106.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.