Fourtitude.com - My project RS3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 149

    Thread: My project RS3

    1. Member bothhandsplease's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2011
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      1,882
      Cars
      SQ5, Allroad, & Miata
      01-21-2019 12:08 PM #101
      Wow that is a quick trap and good 60'. Stock tires? Did you also tune the trans?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Bama
      Posts
      5,473
      Cars
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      01-21-2019 12:27 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      why cars so fast now?! Jesus. Go slay some giants with that thing
      I know man, it's crazy. This thing is everything I ever wanted my B5s to be back in the day

      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Wow that is a quick trap and good 60'. Stock tires? Did you also tune the trans?
      No, these are 255 Pilot Super sport 4S on 19X9 BBS CI-R at all 4 corners with about 5 minutes of normal driving before the run, they were still good and cold. Trans tune is bone stock.
      ‘18 GT3 touring
      ’18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      '18 Raptor crew cab
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: FBO OEM turbos, 656 whp, 700 wtq, 5.9 60-130
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

    4. Member vwpiloto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      10,959
      Cars
      M44/40F20CS65
      01-21-2019 12:29 PM #103
      Holy smokes. That's impressive for having done relatively so little to the car. And to think this also comes in a practical 4 door, with some nice premium features, and well under $100K including the mods. This has to be one of the better bang for the bucks out there at the moment.

    5. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Bama
      Posts
      5,473
      Cars
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      01-21-2019 12:36 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Holy smokes. That's impressive for having done relatively so little to the car. And to think this also comes in a practical 4 door, with some nice premium features, and well under $100K including the mods. This has to be one of the better bang for the bucks out there at the moment.
      I have about $3500 in power mods. The factory tires probably couldn't pull this off, but you can get upgraded PS4S for around a grand. My wheels and tires were right at 4k. I have about 64.5k in the car like it sits right now which I think is a deal as the MSRP on this one was 63.5k.

      The vastly different personalities of the car are may absolute favorite thing about it. Close the valves, put it in comfort mode and run 93 octane and it'll get 28 mpg at 80 on the hwy, all in serene quietude and smoothness. Throw in E85 and flip a few switches and you have a nearly mid 10 second, snarling little monster of a car with stiff suspension and a go-cart feel.
      Last edited by Toaster29; 01-21-2019 at 12:39 PM.
      ‘18 GT3 touring
      ’18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      '18 Raptor crew cab
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: FBO OEM turbos, 656 whp, 700 wtq, 5.9 60-130
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

    6. Member vwpiloto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      10,959
      Cars
      M44/40F20CS65
      01-21-2019 12:43 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      The vastly different personalities of the car are may absolute favorite thing about it. Close the valves, put it in comfort mode and run 93 octane and it'll get 28 mpg at 80 on the hwy, all in serene quietude and smoothness. Throw in E85 and flip a few switches and you have a nearly mid 10 second, snarling little monster of a car with stiff suspension and a go-cart feel.
      This has the MR ride, correct, and the not the fixed suspension? I always forget that the RS3 has that neat party trick as standard.

    7. Member Accidental L8 apex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2008
      Location
      Podunk, Ohio
      Posts
      7,292
      Cars
      '06 C55 AMG, '11 LS460 AWD luxo-barge & not quite enough motorcycles
      01-21-2019 01:01 PM #106
      It definitely gets out of the hole batcrap quick. 1.7 60' time on its way to a 3.0 0-60mph? Dafuq am I reading these days?
      Something witty will be in this exact spot soon.

    8. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      15,640
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      01-21-2019 02:10 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      It definitely gets out of the hole batcrap quick. 1.7 60' time on its way to a 3.0 0-60mph? Dafuq am I reading these days?
      With his tires it'll do 1.6's at a prepped track. Also seems to help to only leave the launch control on the limiter for as short a time as possible.

    9. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Bama
      Posts
      5,473
      Cars
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      01-21-2019 02:51 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      This has the MR ride, correct, and the not the fixed suspension? I always forget that the RS3 has that neat party trick as standard.
      Yep. The dynamic plus package ditched the MR suspension and added useless carbon brakes. No thanks.


      Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      It definitely gets out of the hole batcrap quick. 1.7 60' time on its way to a 3.0 0-60mph? Dafuq am I reading these days?
      Yea it does. The "low traction" stage 2 file that APR has really makes a big difference. The best I was ever able to do in much warmer, stickier conditions before was a 1.82 60'. This is on an unprepared street....what it'll do in real world conditions over and over.


      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      With his tires it'll do 1.6's at a prepped track. Also seems to help to only leave the launch control on the limiter for as short a time as possible.
      Yep, no need to stay on the launch control very long on street tires...it'll just build more boost and make more power than the tires can put down unless you're on a prepped track.
      ‘18 GT3 touring
      ’18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      '18 Raptor crew cab
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: FBO OEM turbos, 656 whp, 700 wtq, 5.9 60-130
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

    10. Member Mike0105's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 1999
      Location
      Belle Mead, NJ
      Posts
      13,686
      Cars
      M2 + LR4
      01-21-2019 03:35 PM #109
      Those numbers are insane for what is essentially a bolt on car! Talk about the ultimate sleeper
      Mike

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2001
      Posts
      5,292
      Cars
      Fahrvergnügen
      01-21-2019 07:56 PM #110
      Wow. Those numbers. Wow.

      These need to depreciate just a *little bit* more.

    12. Member bothhandsplease's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2011
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      1,882
      Cars
      SQ5, Allroad, & Miata
      01-21-2019 08:31 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      Yep. The dynamic plus package ditched the MR suspension and added useless carbon brakes. No thanks.

      Yea it does. The "low traction" stage 2 file that APR has really makes a big difference. The best I was ever able to do in much warmer, stickier conditions before was a 1.82 60'. This is on an unprepared street....what it'll do in real world conditions over and over.

      Yep, no need to stay on the launch control very long on street tires...it'll just build more boost and make more power than the tires can put down unless you're on a prepped track.
      Can you adjust the two-step with a TCU?

      Are you running the 104 map on E85? The few RS3 owners I talked to said there were using a blend, something more like E60. I ask because the S4/SQ5s like E40 more than straight E85.

    13. Global Moderator MylesPH1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2000
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      6,403
      Cars
      S60, Z/28
      01-21-2019 08:31 PM #112
      Welp, that settles it. These little monsters are insane

      I still wish the 5-door came here, but it’s a good looking car, sounds great with that warbling turbo five, it can be driven year round, it’s good at long trips or short ones, small enough to whip around twisty roads at speed, and then smashes egos on any straight after some smart and reasonable mods.

      GOD what a cool car.
      One Swedish sedan
      One ‘murrican coupe

    14. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Bama
      Posts
      5,473
      Cars
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      01-21-2019 09:26 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Can you adjust the two-step with a TCU?

      Are you running the 104 map on E85? The few RS3 owners I talked to said there were using a blend, something more like E60. I ask because the S4/SQ5s like E40 more than straight E85.
      I'm not sure of all the features on a tuned TCU ROM... still all stock there. I am running full E85 on APR's E85 map, no 104 mapping. Most E85 out of the pump isn't actually E85, but is somewhere between E85 and E50. In the winter months the blends tend to be lower percentage E. APR tunes their E85 maps for 65% E. There's very little power difference between E65 and E85 tunes, so this just affords a bit more headroom. I have EMCS, so it's 5 seconds to swap from pump or E85 mapping depending on what I fill up with. Really like that feature quite a bit.

      Quote Originally Posted by MylesPH1 View Post
      Welp, that settles it. These little monsters are insane

      I still wish the 5-door came here, but it’s a good looking car, sounds great with that warbling turbo five, it can be driven year round, it’s good at long trips or short ones, small enough to whip around twisty roads at speed, and then smashes egos on any straight after some smart and reasonable mods.

      GOD what a cool car.
      I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit more enamored with the RS3 than the GT3T right now, and it kind of bugs me
      ‘18 GT3 touring
      ’18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      '18 Raptor crew cab
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: FBO OEM turbos, 656 whp, 700 wtq, 5.9 60-130
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

    15. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      15,640
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      01-22-2019 01:30 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by ciphertext View Post
      Wow. Those numbers. Wow.

      These need to depreciate just a *little bit* more.
      Only 250 2019’s are coming. They’re not going to come down much.

      And I am happy about that

    16. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Bama
      Posts
      5,473
      Cars
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      01-22-2019 09:51 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Only 250 2019’s are coming. They’re not going to come down much.

      And I am happy about that

      I had heard the ‘19s were extremely delayed but I didn’t realize they were limiting their production for the US.
      ‘18 GT3 touring
      ’18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      '18 Raptor crew cab
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: FBO OEM turbos, 656 whp, 700 wtq, 5.9 60-130
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

    17. Member Slipstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      11,133
      Cars
      GTI | Sport
      01-22-2019 10:18 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      I can't get enough of this little car you guys. It is certainly my favorite "run around, do all things" kind of car that I've owned. While it isn't as good dynamically as the F80s were, it's HELL of a lot more feisty, playful, and "real" where the F80s feel a lot like robots most of the time. You all that own these things that are still stock....do yourselves a favor and unlock some of the magic that it's hiding. Its alright car out of the factory, but I can't believe the transformation a few well placed mods do to bring this thing into an entirely different performance realm. I love it



      I want one of these things so, so badly. You've done all the right things to bring out the beast from within, too. Bravo, sir.
      17 gti sport | 16 xc60 t5 | seventwosix

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2017
      Location
      WNC
      Posts
      111
      Cars
      2013 RS5, 2014 Q7, 2013 4R TE
      01-22-2019 10:35 AM #117
      While I certainly understand the higher potential of a 6 cyl turbo in the RS5, I feel like that car should have this 5 cyl turbo tuned up like you have....would make it more of a quattro successor and make the 5 in that name make more sense...so much more personality!

    19. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      15,640
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      01-22-2019 11:16 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      I had heard the ‘19s were extremely delayed but I didn’t realize they were limiting their production for the US.
      Well, it's one of those "my salesman checked with Audi and they said" things someone who has had a 2019 on order for months said over on Audizine. Someone else did confirm it though, and with the huge backlog Audi has of cars right now in general they seem to be limiting production everywhere. They would normally start next year production about September I guess and it's not supposed to resume now for at least another month. Also the cars are now rated at 394 hp, although they have always been rated 400 ps/394 hp in Europe, but I find it odd they would just straight up change the rating so I think something else physically changed, either the tune or they added a GPF or something like that.
      Last edited by Jimmy Russells; 01-22-2019 at 11:20 AM.

    20. Member bothhandsplease's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2011
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      1,882
      Cars
      SQ5, Allroad, & Miata
      01-22-2019 01:06 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      I'm not sure of all the features on a tuned TCU ROM... still all stock there. I am running full E85 on APR's E85 map, no 104 mapping. Most E85 out of the pump isn't actually E85, but is somewhere between E85 and E50. In the winter months the blends tend to be lower percentage E. APR tunes their E85 maps for 65% E. There's very little power difference between E65 and E85 tunes, so this just affords a bit more headroom. I have EMCS, so it's 5 seconds to swap from pump or E85 mapping depending on what I fill up with. Really like that feature quite a bit.


      Interesting on the ethanol content in other parts of the US. I guess were lucky in CA, because there is strict rules on the ethanol content of E85. If they don't have the maximum content, it gets taxed like gas.

      I picked up a ethanol sensor and plan on installing it with a P3 gauge soon. I really like how the innovate motorsport gauges look, but I haven't seen a way to install them as cleanly as the P3.

      Switching maps is a nice feature, I'm stuck with only ethanol on the set up I'm running in the SQ and it means I've got a very limited range without jerrycans.

    21. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2006
      Location
      The Orange Crush
      Posts
      39,837
      Cars
      '18 Mazda CX-5
      01-22-2019 01:11 PM #120
      Remind me in 3 years to start looking for used RS3's in the 30k-ish range.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2001
      Location
      Corpitos, TX
      Posts
      3,046
      01-22-2019 01:48 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      Remind me in 3 years to go make an offer on Toaster's car.
      FTFY

      Man I love this car, what an absolute beast!

      You have such a great quiver in your garage, excellent taste.
      '14 F-150 FX4 (bread and butter)
      '11 GTI (wifeys)
      '13 MIATA (dumb modified weekend thrasher)

    23. Member arethirdytwo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2007
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      5,401
      Cars
      '18 Lexus GX460, '99 4Runner Limited, '07 335i Sedan, '04 R32, '82 300D, '95 Jetta
      01-22-2019 03:52 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by forewheel View Post
      FTFY

      Man I love this car, what an absolute beast!

      You have such a great quiver in your garage, excellent taste.
      If he keeps this thing for three years he will die with it, lol.

    24. Member BlakeV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2015
      Posts
      1,711
      Cars
      2019 Audi S5 Sportback
      01-22-2019 06:28 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post


      I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit more enamored with the RS3 than the GT3T right now, and it kind of bugs me
      Since you have such an high turnover, maybe your next toy will be a RS5 SB. I was in one (in red) yesterday.... jaw dropping.

      Difference between RS3 and RS5 is not just "2" , but all in sex appeal. 0-60mph in 3.9s, no real urge to mod -well IMO....



      Last edited by BlakeV; 01-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.

    25. Member Senior Member's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2016
      Location
      Original Join Date 2001 Central NJ
      Posts
      1,564
      Cars
      01 MKIV Jetta 1.8t
      01-22-2019 06:39 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      Sooo yeah....

      100% full tank of E85. Full weight. Production file anybody gets when they order the stage 2, etc, etc.

      0-60 was 3.0 seconds flat with zero roll-out
      You need to change username to Microwave!

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2017
      Location
      WNC
      Posts
      111
      Cars
      2013 RS5, 2014 Q7, 2013 4R TE
      01-22-2019 09:38 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      Since you have such an high turnover, maybe your next toy will be a RS5 SB. I was in one (in red) yesterday.... jaw dropping.

      Difference between RS3 and RS5 is not just "2" , but all in sex appeal. 0-60mph in 3.9s, no real urge to mod -well IMO....



      Uggo

    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •