Fourtitude.com - What numbers are people getting with a naturally aspirated 3.6 VR6.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      09-12-2018 07:09 PM #1
      Curious to know what numbers people are getting at the wheels or crank with a naturally aspirated 3.6 VR6 and what they did to get them.

Supersprint Headers
      High Flow cats
      Cold air intake
      Tune
      Porting
      Flex fuel mods
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Cars
      09 CC 3.6 4Motion Current , 10 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0t DSG (Lady) , Passat W8 (lasted 4 days before nee
      09-12-2018 07:26 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      Curious to know what numbers people are getting at the wheels or crank with a naturally aspirated 3.6 VR6 and what they did to get them.

Supersprint Headers
      High Flow cats
      Cold air intake
      Tune
      Porting
      Flex fuel mods
      I

I have a scanner that reads HP/TQ
      AND I'm getting about 253 to the wheels
      And I got smoked by a 128i for comparison, I think the drivetrain loss is even worse because a 128 comes from the factory with 253. And I didn't catch him until we hit 90mph. Maybe because I had a passenger idk CC's are heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Junior Member
      Cars
      09 CC 3.6 4Motion Current , 10 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0t DSG (Lady) , Passat W8 (lasted 4 days before nee
      09-12-2018 07:28 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-VDUBCLUB View Post
      I

And I got smoked by a 128i for comparison, I think the drivetrain loss is even worse because a 128 comes from the factory with 253. And I didn't catch him until we hit 90mph. Maybe because I had a passenger idk CC's are heavy.

I'm also in the process of putting together a supercharger kit for the 3.6 4motion models as well. Going off of how they used to do them with the Eaton M90's on the 2.8 I'm thinking of using the Eaton M122 off of a 4.6 cobra.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 09-12-2018 07:30 PM #4
      What are you going to do about the compression ratio? Thicker gasket?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Cars
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      09-12-2018 08:15 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-VDUBCLUB View Post
      I

253 at the wheels is pretty respectable. Surprisingly the 128 is only a couple hundred pounds lighter than the CC with less power at the wheels. Sure it wasn't a 135i, that car has 335hp and is quick as hell vs the 230 of the 128. Do you have a DSG tune or are you shifting manually? My guess is that if you had a haldex and DSG tune that the results would have been verydifferent.

I have a matching set of 08 VR6 audis, a DSG A3 and a manual TT. The TT is significantly quicker than the A3 but it's also 600lbs lighter. Thinking about doing an engine swap to a 3.6 in the A3 because I want to stay naturally aspirated and trying to figure out if it's worth it or whether I should just do cams. The most I could hope to get out of the 3.2 is 280hp at the crank, I've heard of some people getting 315 with the 3.6.

If you have the average drive train loss that would put you up over 310 at the crank. My A3 has 245 at the crank and I only get about 187 to the wheels.
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

8. Junior Member
      Cars
      09-12-2018 08:58 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      253 at the wheels is pretty respectable. Surprisingly the 128 is only a couple hundred pounds lighter than the CC with less power at the wheels. Sure it wasn't a 135i, that car has 335hp and is quick as hell vs the 230 of the 128. Do you have a DSG tune or are you shifting manually? My guess is that if you had a haldex and DSG tune that the results would have been verydifferent.

I have a matching set of 08 VR6 audis, a DSG A3 and a manual TT. The TT is significantly quicker than the A3 but it's also 600lbs lighter. Thinking about doing an engine swap to a 3.6 in the A3 because I want to stay naturally aspirated and trying to figure out if it's worth it or whether I should just do cams. The most I could hope to get out of the 3.2 is 280hp at the crank, I've heard of some people getting 315 with the 3.6.

If you have the average drive train loss that would put you up over 310 at the crank. My A3 has 245 at the crank and I only get about 187 to the wheels.

No tune yet, saving chips for 6sp swap out of the r32 and 20x9's for starters... so far just straight pipe. And no it was a 128 for sure no turbos.

Cars
      2010 3.6 4-Motion CC, 1990 G60/TDI/R36 Corrado
      09-20-2018 10:21 PM #7
      Swap people are seeing 275-320 whp

I haven’t dynoed yet since my tune has an over rev issue I plan to fix after I get it back on the road.

Cars
      1986 QSW, 1987 GTi VR6, 1993 Corrado SLC, 2001 GTi, 2018 Tiguan SEL R-Line 4-Motion, 2018 Passat GT
      09-30-2018 04:25 PM #8
      Any idea what whp figures folks are getting on the fwd 3.6 VR6?

11. 11-23-2018 05:57 PM #9
      '06 3.6 fwd here with the 09G 6spd trans, I've never put her on a dyno but I'm certain I've got at least 280 at the wheel maybe more. I've walked on built sti's, golf R's, passat R's, 6 cylinder mustangs( the new japanese lookin ones) 6cyl camaros, but the most surprising win I've had with this thing was pulling on an EVO X this summer. Did two 40mph rolls and walked on him both times and then a 60mph roll and pulled on him. The car is bone stock but it did just get fresh chains, tensioners and guides as well as plugs and trans fluid/filter within the past year. These VR's have been known to shear the axle shafts. Im not sure why the R36 has a higher displacement but all around the fwd 3.6 feels like a 300hp car.
      Side note, met a dude at RDM with a stanced b6 4motion 3.6 and we lined up quite a few times just for fun and i always beat him. The 4mo is like 600lbs heavier or something

Cars
      Mk3 VRT, Mk4 VRT, Mk4 VRT, 8P A3 QT VR, B6 3.6 4Motion VR, B5 Avant 1.8BT, B5 Avant QT VRT
      11-30-2018 02:39 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by idoleyez90 View Post
      Side note, met a dude at RDM with a stanced b6 4motion 3.6 and we lined up quite a few times just for fun and i always beat him. The 4mo is like 600lbs heavier or something
      I can attest to that, though not apples-apples comparison as I have a wagon. Neighbor has a B6 FWD Passat while I have a B6 4-Motion. He is considerably faster (aside from my initial launch benefit). Additional weight and drivetrain losses certainly show.
      "OP sounds like a MKIV guy"

13. Junior Member
      Cars
      03-27-2019 06:02 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by emdubs View Post
      What are you going to do about the compression ratio? Thicker gasket?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
      Forgot to respond but I found a better approach to my forced induction project .. Precision 6262 turbo. Compression won’t be an issue the guys who use 3.6 blocks don’t even bother with spacers. Company in Jersey RAI built one with twin GT35R’s and the stock block safely handled 750 HP @14PSI with proper cooling. I have an aftermarket intercooler from a 2.0t cc and trying to get the Forge Twintercooler soon. Those two plus a water meth kit will easily and safely make 750. The RAI car makes 700. I’m trying to make the CC 4Mo the next tuner.. they look better anyways! And this route is cheaper than anything you’ve seen on the internet soon as I’m finished with the build I’ll have a full write up!