Fourtitude.com - 2018 Official OT NFL football thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 2720
    1. Member GeoffD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2001
      Location
      Killington, Vt & South Dartmouth, Ma
      Posts
      14,961
      Cars
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-16-2018 09:35 PM #101
      Well..... That was ugly. Jacksonville crushed the Patriots. The first half was like being a Bills fan.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2002
      Location
      Southwest Ohio
      Posts
      4,331
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      09-16-2018 09:50 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Well..... That was ugly. Jacksonville crushed the Patriots. The first half was like being a Bills fan.
      It happens and it's early in the season. It only matters during the playoffs.

    4. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2005
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      3,352
      Cars
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      09-16-2018 11:06 PM #103
      The Goddamn ****ing Giants.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      10,353
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-17-2018 08:24 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      a tie.
      If Zimmer was allowed, he'd bash the kicker's head in. Just like the Seattle playoff game where the kicker lost it for them too.

      The Browns kicker will be looking for a job today too.

    6. Member Code Red!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Posts
      3,595
      Cars
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      09-17-2018 09:45 AM #105
      Davis quitting during the half was pretty funny.
      A loving welcome from TCL

      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

    7. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      2,047
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      09-17-2018 09:46 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Well..... That was ugly. Jacksonville crushed the Patriots. The first half was like being a Bills fan.
      It was terrible, but the only silver lining was that my Fantasy opponent this week had Brady at QB. Who put up 16 lousy points versus Cam Newton's (my QB) 27.

      The NE defense got me a goose egg. Still won handily, 74-49.

    8. Member 2.DOH.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2002
      Location
      secret underground "lair"
      Posts
      4,560
      Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      09-17-2018 09:52 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Just another GTI View Post


      Shut the doors and go home.
      Cripes. They should be 2-0
      I'll give the kicker a break on the 50 yarder, but the other three are inexcusable.

      As I said earlier, Hugh Jackson will be out of a job soon.


      & How about Patrick Mahomes?!
      He along with Fitzpatrick are going bonkers.
      ...

    9. Member robr2's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2005
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      8,344
      Cars
      2015 Passat "Limited Edition"
      09-17-2018 09:56 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Well..... That was ugly. Jacksonville crushed the Patriots. The first half was like being a Bills fan.
      Beginning of the end for the triumvirate? Can't wait to see how McDaniels works with Hoyer and where Brady and Gronk land next year.

    10. Senior Member DonL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 1999
      Location
      SE Michigan
      Posts
      20,558
      Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      09-17-2018 10:05 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Davis quitting during the half was pretty funny.
      That's kinda crazy. i saw a gag tweet meme thing:

      "My Uber's outside."

      - Vontae Davis at halftime

      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

    11. 09-17-2018 10:33 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      Beginning of the end for the triumvirate? Can't wait to see how McDaniels works with Hoyer and where Brady and Gronk land next year.
      Brady isn't going anywhere. Were Garrapolo still on the team, I'd argue differently. But since Kraft had BB trade him and keep Brady, it's a safe bet he'll end his career in NE. Gronk on the other hand, is signed through 2019. He'll be a UFA in 2020, so he's almost certainly gonna be around, barring any injuries.

    12. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      2,047
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      09-17-2018 10:44 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by ForTheWin View Post
      Brady isn't going anywhere. Were Garrapolo still on the team, I'd argue differently. But since Kraft had BB trade him and keep Brady, it's a safe bet he'll end his career in NE. Gronk on the other hand, is signed through 2019. He'll be a UFA in 2020, so he's almost certainly gonna be around, barring any injuries.
      Gronk would be an idiot to leave NE. Retire in 2019 when the last of his body completely breaks down, and become a fulltime spokesperson for Dunkin Donuts or something. He's got gigantic status in New England, and if he goes somewhere else that goodwill bleeds away. Retire as a Patriot and he could advertise literally anything he wanted for huge sums of money to swamp Yankees clamoring to buy Gronk's Favorite Hemorrhoid Cream. Or keep double-teaming commercials with Big Pappi.

    13. 09-17-2018 11:12 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      The Goddamn ****ing Giants.

      Looked horrendous. Eli didn't have time to throw but even when he did he looked like a scared puppy. And man he took a shot....
      Saquan still nasty tho...

    14. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      16,051
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      09-17-2018 11:15 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      If Zimmer was allowed, he'd bash the kicker's head in. Just like the Seattle playoff game where the kicker lost it for them too.

      The Browns kicker will be looking for a job today too.
      My friggin DVR stopped recording halfway through overtime when Minnesota was on about the GB 35 on their second possession of OT. All I know is the game ended in a tie. Did the kicker miss another one on that drive too?

      Also I missed the Browns thing, I know the guy missed an extra point and then they lost on a field goal, but would the extra point not matter at that point? Or did his miss send the game to OT?
      Last edited by Jimmy Russells; 09-17-2018 at 11:19 AM.

    15. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2005
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      3,352
      Cars
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      09-17-2018 11:53 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Fahrbomb View Post
      Looked horrendous. Eli didn't have time to throw but even when he did he looked like a scared puppy. And man he took a shot....
      Saquan still nasty tho...
      Saquan is quickly going to look pedestrian by Week 6 if that dumpster fire of a line doesn't improve. I heavily criticized wasting a top 3 draft pick on him because he would have to stand behind a paper mache line AND nobody has been respecting Eli's ability to throw the last few years. I know it'll take time to gel and get the proper picks in there, but damn.

      Fresh meat in the back field? 9 in the box. Prove Eli can connect with OBJ coming off a shattered leg on a regular basis. So far, they can't.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

    16. 09-17-2018 12:07 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      Saquan is quickly going to look pedestrian by Week 6 if that dumpster fire of a line doesn't improve. I heavily criticized wasting a top 3 draft pick on him because he would have to stand behind a paper mache line AND nobody has been respecting Eli's ability to throw the last few years. I know it'll take time to gel and get the proper picks in there, but damn.

      Fresh meat in the back field? 9 in the box. Prove Eli can connect with OBJ coming off a shattered leg on a regular basis. So far, they can't.
      Given OBJ's contract, I'd say it's more on him to find ways to get open for Eli. He needs to earn that money.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      10,353
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-17-2018 12:34 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      My friggin DVR stopped recording halfway through overtime when Minnesota was on about the GB 35 on their second possession of OT. All I know is the game ended in a tie. Did the kicker miss another one on that drive too?

      Also I missed the Browns thing, I know the guy missed an extra point and then they lost on a field goal, but would the extra point not matter at that point? Or did his miss send the game to OT?
      Vikings kicker missed 3 FG including a 35 yarder to win with 0:04 left in OT.

      Browns kicker missed 2 extra points and 2 FG yesterday.

      Both guys will be lucky if they have a job by Wednesday.

    18. 09-17-2018 12:38 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Vikings kicker missed 3 FG including a 35 yarder to win with 0:04 left in OT.

      Browns kicker missed 2 extra points and 2 FG yesterday.

      Both guys will be lucky if they have a job by Wednesday.
      Browns still have the same head coach after last season, so I doubt they'll replace the kicker after one bad game. Still, leaving that many points on the field has to hurt. I think he started to cry after that last miss.

    19. Member Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      6,966
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      09-17-2018 12:40 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by ForTheWin View Post
      Browns still have the same head coach after last season, so I doubt they'll replace the kicker after one bad game. Still, leaving that many points on the field has to hurt. I think he started to cry after that last miss.
      It was two bad games.

      He did the same thing last week too
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      10,353
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-17-2018 12:46 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by ForTheWin View Post
      Browns still have the same head coach after last season, so I doubt they'll replace the kicker after one bad game. Still, leaving that many points on the field has to hurt. I think he started to cry after that last miss.
      They've already said they are bringing in 2-3 kickers to tryout today/tomorrow.

    21. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 28th, 2005
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      3,352
      Cars
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      09-17-2018 01:22 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by ForTheWin View Post
      Given OBJ's contract, I'd say it's more on him to find ways to get open for Eli. He needs to earn that money.
      They both do. Eli hasn't been worth bringing back and OBJ wasn't worth the contract they provided him, especially after missing 90% of last year. He's famous for the circus catch against the Cowboys and little else recently.

      He is a formidable threat. He is not an elite one. There was no reason to pay him MORE than Julio Jones when Jones has had better overall numbers going all the way back to when the two of them played at Alabama and LSU.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

    22. 09-17-2018 01:34 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      They've already said they are bringing in 2-3 kickers to tryout today/tomorrow.
      Was not aware of that. Sucks to be him then.

      Quote Originally Posted by RAVatar View Post
      They both do. Eli hasn't been worth bringing back and OBJ wasn't worth the contract they provided him, especially after missing 90% of last year. He's famous for the circus catch against the Cowboys and little else recently.

      He is a formidable threat. He is not an elite one. There was no reason to pay him MORE than Julio Jones when Jones has had better overall numbers going all the way back to when the two of them played at Alabama and LSU.
      God, I still watch highlight reels of Julio's rookie season. From day 1, we knew he was gonna be great. The worst part of the Falcons losing the SB IMO was knowing Julio's sideline toe tap catch would fade into obscurity. Had they won, that picture would've been all over the place.

    23. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,672
      Cars
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      09-17-2018 02:37 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      My friggin DVR stopped recording halfway through overtime when Minnesota was on about the GB 35 on their second possession of OT. All I know is the game ended in a tie. Did the kicker miss another one on that drive too?

      Also I missed the Browns thing, I know the guy missed an extra point and then they lost on a field goal, but would the extra point not matter at that point? Or did his miss send the game to OT?
      The officiating at Lambeau yesterday was horrendous, mostly regarding some of the questionable roughing the passer plays.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      10,353
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-17-2018 02:41 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by ForTheWin View Post
      Was not aware of that. Sucks to be him then.
      Yep. Less than 24 hrs after the game ended...gone.

      http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...onzalez-misses

      "The Cleveland Browns have signed rookie kicker Greg Joseph to replace Zane Gonzalez, who missed four attempts that cost the team eight points in a three-point loss Sunday, a league source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.
      The Browns waived Gonzalez in a corresponding move, a source told ESPN."

    25. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      16,051
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      09-17-2018 02:42 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Yep. Less than 24 hrs after the game ended...gone.

      http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...onzalez-misses

      "The Cleveland Browns have signed rookie kicker Greg Joseph to replace Zane Gonzalez, who missed four attempts that cost the team eight points in a three-point loss Sunday, a league source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.
      The Browns waived Gonzalez in a corresponding move, a source told ESPN."
      Damn I didn’t realize he missed three other kicks too. Yikes.

    26. 09-17-2018 03:37 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Yep. Less than 24 hrs after the game ended...gone.

      http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...onzalez-misses

      "The Cleveland Browns have signed rookie kicker Greg Joseph to replace Zane Gonzalez, who missed four attempts that cost the team eight points in a three-point loss Sunday, a league source told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.
      The Browns waived Gonzalez in a corresponding move, a source told ESPN."
      Nothing the Browns do makes sense. Kicker has a few bad games and he's gone, but the head coach has a few bad seasons and he's still there?

    Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •