Fourtitude.com - "Patriots" take bait from Sneaker maker, Peaceful Protest is unfair. Owners don't apologize, Collude against player.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
      07-12-2019 12:36 PM #576
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      If you're accusing me (and the GOP) of not having ideological purity tests, yes, that's correct. And if you're accusing me of understanding that in order to win the things I find important, I understand "my team" needs to win to put people in power to advance that agenda, again, correct. I don't care about "winning victories". I care about winning what I find to be important, and I know that has to be done so we can win what I find to be important. If that means I have to support someone who has a few beliefs I don't necessarily agree with (anti-abortion, anti gay marriage) then yeah, so be it. I don't agree with ANYONE 100% on anything including my wife, doesn't mean I won't vote for them because we agree more than we disagree.
      I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm responding to what you admitted to doing. Now you're backtracking into something more reasonable, which pretty much describes the vast majority of voters. You were just so eager to make this a left vs. right thing that you made a stupid statement.
      Last edited by westsideseal; 07-12-2019 at 12:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      07-12-2019 12:52 PM #577
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm responding to what you admitted to doing. Now you're backtracking into something more reasonable, which pretty much describes the vast majority of voters. You were just so eager to make this a left vs. right thing that you made a stupid statement.
      But my point is the left CAN'T do that these days. Like I said, look at the black women vs. white women thing, or the reproductive rights versus trans women thing. There's so much fighting with each other over who is a bigger victim and whose problems are most important and you only have 32% victim and I have 45% victim so I get to speak and you need to STFU and listen to me it's absurd.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

07-12-2019 01:22 PM #578
      But my point is the left CAN'T do that these days. Like I said, look at the black women vs. white women thing, or the reproductive rights versus trans women thing. There's so much fighting with each other over who is a bigger victim and whose problems are most important and you only have 32% victim and I have 45% victim so I get to speak and you need to STFU and listen to me it's absurd.
      You need to stop combining your imagination and Twitter to paint a picture of about half of the country. The reality of a two party system is that there is (and should) be a significant amount of disagreement within the party, then the party decides who to send to a general election, then the party by and large votes for their candidate because they more closely represent their views than the other guy. You imagining that internal disagreement is somehow unusual while everyone falling in line and "STFU so we can win and then we'll figure it out in the victory circle" is a preferable way is nonsense. You've got GOP people calling each other RINOs and cuckservatives because they aren't as enthusiastic about certain politicians/positions as they should be. That people in the GOP are more willing to shut up and fall in line behind someone because they think criticizing them makes them look weak to "the enemy" is not something for you to brag about. It's a defect, not a strength.

5. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q
      07-12-2019 01:37 PM #579
      facts don't matter. only feelings. feelings are the only thing that's real.
      Making people aware of the Dunning-Kruger affliction. If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious

SRT_______________________________________________ ___________SRT

07-12-2019 01:45 PM #580
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack;113524107[B
      ]If you're accusing me (and the GOP) of not having ideological purity tests, yes, that's correct.[/B] And if you're accusing me of understanding that in order to win the things I find important, I understand "my team" needs to win to put people in power to advance that agenda, again, correct. I don't care about "winning victories". I care about winning what I find to be important, and I know that has to be done so we can win what I find to be important. If that means I have to support someone who has a few beliefs I don't necessarily agree with (anti-abortion, anti gay marriage) then yeah, so be it. I don't agree with ANYONE 100% on anything including my wife, doesn't mean I won't vote for them because we agree more than we disagree.
      HAHAHAHAHA

For almost 2 decades, so called "conservatives" have allowed themselves to be hoodwinked into signing "taxpayer pledges", worrying about lobbying group ratings (nra ratings), and competed about how extremely christian, conservative, anti abortion, and anti-climate they might be.

If you like all those things, great. But don't self confirm how unbiased and pure of thought you are.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

07-12-2019 04:59 PM #581
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      facts don't matter. only feelings. feelings are the only thing that's real.
      Facts and feelings aren't mutually exclusive. Anyone who claims to make significant decisions, especially ones that impact large populations of people, and doesn't consider their own feelings and the feelings of other is either a liar or a sociopath.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324