Fourtitude.com - 2020 Mercedes-Benz EQC unveiled — An all-electric crossover with 402 hp and 200 miles of range, the first model from the new EQ sub-brand
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
      Cars
      '19 Tesla Model 3P, '15 BMW i3 BEV, '01 Lotus Elise S2
      05-15-2019 03:00 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrot View Post
      I've seen a few of them around Oslo now (I believe they did some launch party or something here?) and I think the looks really weird in person. It however think it looks better in the picture above with what appears to be blacked out chrome, but I'm still not a huge fan.
      Yep, and here we have Mat from CarWow dialing it in from Norway.

"Not as involving as a Porsche GT3 RS"

flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Clownshoe, Tesla 3
      05-15-2019 08:13 PM #77
      Don't want to sound like a luddite, but damn, the regen vs sailing modes confuses me. Why would "sailing" be more efficient than regen, unless you're so bad at driving on regen that you're constantly slowing and accelerating? if you need to "sail" why not just lift the throttle less? Obviously it's less efficient to slow down and speed up a ton no matter what you're driving.....
      Dash cam people suck. Don't be a dash cam person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      this thread is a mess, I can't tell if it's full of trolls or idiots and I'm not sure it matters

Cars
      2013 Volt
      05-15-2019 10:22 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Don't want to sound like a luddite, but damn, the regen vs sailing modes confuses me. Why would "sailing" be more efficient than regen, unless you're so bad at driving on regen that you're constantly slowing and accelerating? if you need to "sail" why not just lift the throttle less? Obviously it's less efficient to slow down and speed up a ton no matter what you're driving.....
      Exactly. But the worst thing about any type of car is it's "enthusiast" zealots, and when it comes to any sort of driving efficiency the hypermilers always think they know better. There's a vocal minority who are true believers in coasting, "pulse-and-glide", shifting to neutral, etc. It's infuriating and not supported by data*, but they're the ones who are most active on forums and with giving feedback to manufacturers, so that's how we wind up with regen paddles, multiple settings for regen levels, and other unnecessarily complex solutions that appeal only to hypermilers and confuse normal drivers.

*"data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234