Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: 02M Cable Ends

Cars
      02 GTI VR6, 04 DBP .:R32
      08-29-2018 02:34 AM #1
      So I'm giving my trans a much-needed refresh in my mk4 GTI. I bought new cable ends and the Solid Shifter Bushing Kit from 42 Draft (not necessarily knowing how the bushings installed) but now that I receieved them, I do. I have to cut out part of the rubber/plastic bushing to intall the solid bushings.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Is it worth cutting up new ends or should I just replace the ends with new ones and call it a day?

thanks
      Neuspeed CAI install on my VR6, you should check it out.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2007 Black B6 ___________ Passat, 2.0T ___________ 2004 Grey Silverado ___________ 1500, 5.3L Z71
      08-29-2018 03:07 AM #2
      Absolutely worth it in my opinion. I have put nearly $20K of performance mods into my car and still to this day one of my favorite aspects of driving it is how fantastic it is to shift, even compared to much more expensive sports cars Iíve driven. I have more shifter mods than just the solid cable ends, granted, but they are a good part of what makes it so satisfying, yet they account for like a fraction of 1% of the money Iíve put into the car. Thatís value! haha.

But not everyone is so picky about the shifting experience as me so thereís that...
      Last edited by Thy_Harrowing; 08-29-2018 at 03:10 AM.
      Instagram: @track_rat_passat
      Build Thread / Mod List: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Track-Warrior
      YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChT..._as=subscriber

Cars
      02 GTI VR6, 04 DBP .:R32
      08-29-2018 05:18 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Thy_Harrowing View Post
      Absolutely worth it in my opinion. I have put nearly $20K of performance mods into my car and still to this day one of my favorite aspects of driving it is how fantastic it is to shift, even compared to much more expensive sports cars Iíve driven. I have more shifter mods than just the solid cable ends, granted, but they are a good part of what makes it so satisfying, yet they account for like a fraction of 1% of the money Iíve put into the car. Thatís value! haha.

But not everyone is so picky about the shifting experience as me so thereís that...
      I was really expecting an 's' behind the word 'car' hahah. Right on man, Thank you for your input!

I could easilly put them in my old end links and see how I like them.
      Neuspeed CAI install on my VR6, you should check it out.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Cars
      2007 Black B6 ___________ Passat, 2.0T ___________ 2004 Grey Silverado ___________ 1500, 5.3L Z71
      08-29-2018 11:28 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by HelloMissLady View Post
      I was really expecting an 's' behind the word 'car' hahah. Right on man, Thank you for your input!

I could easilly put them in my old end links and see how I like them.
      Hahaha. Nah my other vehicle is an older Silverado, good to have for utility, but I neglect it to balance the scales, my wallet and sanity; also it can take it whereas we all know VWs canít take neglect, esp. highly modified ones lol.

Yeah go for it. I always say: doesnít matter how fast your car is, if you canít enjoy running through the gears itís no good. Which includes limpdick real shifters, as well as paddle shifters and of course auto. Maybe Iím a little old school that way which is funny b/c Iím not old yet.
      Instagram: @track_rat_passat
      Build Thread / Mod List: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Track-Warrior
      YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChT..._as=subscriber