Fourtitude.com - Larger turbo install
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. 02-09-2019 11:52 AM #26
      Stock exhaust piping is not 2.25. Downpipe seems to be 2.25 or some of the sort. After the second catalyst is 2 inches inside diameter. Where the exhaust clamp is at and Rest of exhaust is 1 7/8 inches inside diameter.... just replaced everything after the second o2 sensor and did a straight 2.25 inch exhaust with a magnaflow straight thru muffler and tip. We just need that 2.5 Downpipe or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-09-2019 06:19 PM #27

4. 02-11-2019 11:50 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      Stock turbo after 4K rpms can’t supply enough air because small cold side so boost begins to drop from 17psi to 12 psi or so.
      Got any data to back up this specious claim? By DATA, I mean MAF logs, AFR correlation AND turbo MAP graphs.

Anything less is just boy racers doing their intake hacks.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 02-11-2019 02:54 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
      Got any data to back up this specious claim? By DATA, I mean MAF logs, AFR correlation AND turbo MAP graphs.

Anything less is just boy racers doing their intake hacks.
      It’s sad there’s no MAF sensor so no MAF readings. I’d have to buy a Wideband for AFR readings. I’ve done pulls and datalogged pulls and datalogged mostly from 1-4 gears. I’ve done also some individual gear readings from specific rpms in the same conditions reading boost and MAP and they both behave same after 4K rpms. Did also a 4th gear pull from 2k-4K rpms. It wasn’t till 3,500-4K rpms the boost started dropping slowly but surely. Have you seen the size of our turbo. It’s so small it can probably power a 800cc engine and turn a go kart into a really fun one. The 1.4T at 17 psi is taking as much air as a 3.0 NA. Not just that also worth to mention that our boost pipe has a hose from the boost pipe going to compressor inlet. Isn’t a boost pipe supposed to be completely closed so Boost is not lost whenever it reaches above ambient?

7. 02-12-2019 12:08 AM #30
      For anyone who this might interest

https://www.etuners.gr/vw-golf-7-1-4...rbo-kit-98ron/

8. 02-12-2019 01:17 PM #31
      "#Etuners custom Stage3 ECU remap for IS20 turbo kit."

Based on your story about pulls and logging, you still have no way of knowing whether or not (likely yes!) the ECU will simply throttle boost as it does now to maintain AFR at various load/RPMs. You are driving a 1.4L econo-car. Spend 20 large like they did on the Golf in your link, and maybe you'll get some more power.
      Last edited by Nadir Point; 02-12-2019 at 01:20 PM.

9. 02-28-2019 08:22 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by pabz707 View Post

where did you find this????? Been dying to find a dp for our cars

10. 02-28-2019 10:23 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by IReapZz View Post
      It’s in the unlisted section of modded euros. So it’s not available for purchase yet.

11. 03-29-2019 02:28 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by IReapZz View Post
      3" DP on a 1.4L engine? For only $600? Bwaaaa, haa, haaaaaa!!

40HP and 70ft.lb? From a DP? Seriously?

Bet it sounds cool.

You need to understand an IC engine is really just a big air pump. The 5.9L Cummins found in old Dodge trucks used a 3"DP stock, and it flowed quite freely at the stock tune. That engine is literally more than FOUR TIMES the size of your 1.4t. Just goes to show you can sell anybody anything, under the right circumstances.
      Last edited by Nadir Point; 03-29-2019 at 02:35 PM.

12. 10-05-2019 10:29 AM #35
      Looking into GT2252, GT2554R, GT2560R and GTX2860R for possible turbo upgrades to reach a 250HP goal.
      It would take custom Air to air system and a EBC as well. And tuning of ECU of course but I think these would be great choices for different full spool Rpms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12