VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Door sensor issue,on both doors!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rodhot 
#1 ·
Hallo guys, I am new to the forum despite the fact that I have use it many times before, to solve problems that I have faced with my 2001 roadster 225, reading from the already posted, so let’s cut to the chase. What i am facing right now is that neither doors tilt the window down or letting the car know that that they are open so no interior light not warning on the dash. What is peculiar is that when the door is half latched the window drops and the warning comes to the dash when is full closed or wide open nothing happens. Any ideas. This happens on both doors as I said and the vcds says something like wrong component 01582.
Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
Thank you

. Thank you, I first had this problem last year after my windows froze shut after some freezing rain, but it"fixed itself" after a few months. This year it happened again after some more freezing rain. It hasn't fixed itself yet. As a senior citizen this may be too much for me to do so someone else with have to do it for me, but its good to know the cause. I have had my 2002 TT since demo new, so its a senior too. Still love the car.

#3 ·
Here is the microswitch I bought for my 2001 TT, on Ebay. It is $6.20, free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-latch-lock-machine-micro-switch-for-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-/153138750175

It ships from Bulgaria so it took a couple weeks to get to me. The fix took me several hours because I didn't know what I was doing. I had to cut, solder, and epoxy the part in place but it is the perfect fix. My passenger side door switch hasn't failed yet but I need to go ahead and do it while repair is still fresh in my head, I think I can do the second one in 90 minutes. :banghead:

#4 ·
Thanks guys that was the problem. I went to a local shop bought two micro switches treat them to be as water resistant as possible and fit them nicely. First one took me like 2-3 hours second one was like 1 hour job because I already knew what I was doing. But the thing that I noticed is that is not the microswitch that goes bad but the door latch mechanism plastic trim protection which afterwards ruins the microswitch so if anyone do this job make sure to take your time with a razor to smooth the plastic trim so the contact with the switch can be as smooth as possible!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.