VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Wanted: 1992-1994 100CS Quattro Wagon

6K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  VWAudiRally 
#1 ·
Been looking for a 100cs quattro wagon but not having any luck.

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Original owner '92 100 Avant on eBay(not mine):
Wow for some reason I wasn't getting notifications about this post I made. Wish I had seen it as I am still looking.

Here is one for sale right now:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/alameda-1993-audi-100cs-quattro-wagon/6899651853.html

I am skeptical because the owner is being super shady about the maintenance/etc. And I called Audi SF since it had a vanity plate from there, and the used car manager of 10 years told me that car never went through his shop. Strange indeed..

#12 ·
That one looks as clean as you're likely to find. I would look for a good independent shop where that one is located and have the owner take it there for a pre-purchase inspection. Maintenance records would be nice, but a good PPI should tell you what you need to know about the car.

#13 ·
True- so the owner is being a pita. He tells me he lives outside of the bay area, and stores it in a rented garage/ has owned it for years and drives it regularly. But then he tells me in the next breath that he sells cars but is not a dealer. Then he tells me a list of things wrong with the car, yet he has always "maintained it." I asked for a VIN to get the carfax and he didn't answer me. SO a bit shady.

Here is what is wrong with it:

Cracked clear-coat on rear bumper (not a big deal don't care)
Sagging headliner (not a big deal don't care)
Needs brake job
SRS light on- unknown issue (worries me)
Rear wiper motor dead
Missing front fog light assemblies (not a big deal but curious do they fall out?)
Missing body side molding rear left (not a big deal don't care)
Missing wheel center cap logo rear left (not a big deal found on ebay)
Missing left side wiper aero attachment (impossible to find part)
Missing rear lighter (not a big deal found on ebay)
Aftermaket radio (have had issues finding an OEM radio)

#14 ·
#16 ·
The SRS light could be as simple as
an airbag or seat belt plug loose. That
wouldn’t worry me either. Worse case
a bad airbag or wiring. The cars 30 years
old.

I tried reaching out to the guy with the
urs4 converted 100 but he never got
back to me. That car was last located
in Virginia.

#17 ·
Thanks for the assistance! I am confident one has to come up eventually like the one I found last year. I just didn't like the demeanor of that guy selling the one with the srs light on. He just seemed like he was lying every time I asked him a question- and his answers kept evolving each time we talked.. Don't trust him so pass.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.