Fourtitude.com - Adapters for wall mounts?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      07-18-2018 10:59 AM #1
      When I moved into my house 8 years ago, I decided to mount my then-new 50" plasma to the wall over my fireplace mantle. I bought this wall mount for it:

https://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video...0BG-wall-mount

It was a bear getting it put up there because it had to screw into gypboard, shiplap, and then brick (from the fireplace). But it is f'ing solid! FF to this year and the plasma conked out so I bought a 65" Super UHD 4K, which is actually lighter than the old plasma display. It's also an LG. BUT!...

The damn mount holes on the new TV are 12" apart, and the mount slots are 15.5" apart. It's not standard!

Hence my question in the subject; does anyone make an adapter plate for the back of the TV that will allow me to use the old mount, or am I going to have to replace the whole damn things and start over?

(And yes, I have Googled it and so far, can't really find anything. Maybe my Search Fu sucks.)
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 1967 Datsun 1600
      07-24-2018 08:48 AM #2
      Well, your mount is VESA 400x400, and your TV is VESA 300x300.

Maybe this will work? https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Mounts-.../dp/B01MXYSBGI

Its not really designed for what you are doing, but it has the provisions. It was meant for putting a larger VESA to a 200x200 mount, but it might have enough holes to line up.

Hopefully this might help you get closer to finding the right part.

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      07-24-2018 10:22 AM #3
      Man, thank you! I don't know for sure if it will work, but for $9.99 its worth buying and trying.
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices