VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2013 Misano Red Audi S4 get's Syncro'nized

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RS_disco 
#1 ·
I don't post my details here often but this one is an Audi so it's most appropriate.

So a fellow forum member from a popular Audi site who lives near me picked up a super nice 2013 S4 in Misano Red with the two-tone Black and Magma Napa interior. The car overall was in good shape but it was filled with light swirls preventing the pearl in the paint from jumping out as it should.

In reviewing the car and the packages we determined that my Option 2 Premium Enhancement Package would suffice. I did recommend he go for one of the best ceramic packages out there as I knew he would appreciate the candy-like glow it would bring and honestly once he saw how both my wife's SUV and my car shed water and after going through the storms on Friday looked nearly just cleaned he said to go for it.

What he brought to me:

Wasn't horrible but it was swirl city as seen easily by the condition of the B-Pillars:

The wheels weren't far off in terms of care.

Griot's HD Wheel Cleaner is great stuff and has an Iron Remover built in thus it will turn purple as it dissolves brake dust and other ferrous metals embedded in the clear. Plans are to do a full wheels-off detail on them once he puts on his new summer wheels he's currently shopping for now.

Overall the paint wasn't too bad in terms of Ferrous Materials in the paint. Mainly on the back bumper area thanks to the nature of the airflow and exhaust.

In the end, I REALLY love this color and the condition of the car overall. Dare I say nearly as clean as mine was.

Here she is wearing three layers of Gyeon Coatings. 2 Layers of Mohs 9H level hard coat topped with a SUPER Hydrophobic top-coat called Skin.

Pictures and even video do not do this color justice. Granted I was lazy and didn't break out my DSLR Gear but overall, if you've seen this color in person, you will appreciate the Red Mirror and slight pearl tone it presents.

It's hard to believe this car is 5 years old

Remember those nasty swirled out B-Pillars........gone!

Gratuitous shot of my Q50 next to his

• Traditional Wash
  • Car Pro Iron-X
  • Nano-Sponge decontamination
  • Tarminator where needed
  • Flex 3401 with Orange Hybrid Force Pads & CarPro Clear Cut
  • Flex 3401 with White Hybrid Force Pads & Gyeon Prime; primer and refining polish
  • Gyeon Syncro Kit - 2 layers of Mohs and 1 layer of Skin applied
  • Aero Cosmetics Aircraft Grade Rubber Conditioner on tires
  • WETS on Windshield Cowling
  • Adams In & Out on Grill and Fog Light Grills
  • Gyeon RIM Coating on wheel faces
  • 2 layers of McKee's 37 Glass Coating on all windows

See less See more
#3 ·
Love my Flex and just picked up a Mille. YOU might enjoy the Mille more than me as you're used to a clockwise rotation. I put a thread up on AG if you wish to review. Easier than reinventing it here. Updates to it soon.
https://www.autogeekonline.net/foru...e-vs-flex-3401-a-post1581432.html#post1581432

In the end though, both seem very good and capable. I see no real advantages technology wise to the Mille vs Flex. My edge is to the Flex on ergonomics though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.