Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      2019 G70 6MT; 2019 i3 REX; 2005 S2000; 2003 XC70; 1966 GTO
      06-05-2018 11:33 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      In CO and CA they have lots of remedies for motion sickness. For the rest of us CBD oil is a great alternative (married to a woman that gets motion sickness on fun roads/boats/planes, etc etc).
      My wife also gets motion sickness when she is a passenger in a car. She tried these wrist bands from Amazon and inexplicably, they work.

Quote Originally Posted by DUBLUV401 View Post
      I am not here for grammer lesson's

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      06 4runner
      06-05-2018 11:54 AM #52
      Looks like an awesome trip and the pictures look good; thanks for sharing. I wish I had the time to do a similar trip, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Cars
      E39 M5 | 987.2 | GTI
      06-05-2018 12:03 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle019 View Post
      Cool pics, thanks for sharing. With my brother and my wife's family both living in Durango I have done that drive a ton, and know just about every place you stopped for pictures. I usually head there from Denver via 285/160 over Wolf Creek, but heading north up 550 through Silverton/Ouray is fun if the roads and weather are good. Even in May you might have needed the snow tires with the route you picked. I've seen a foot of snow fall on Coal Bank Pass north of Durango the Friday of Memorial Weekend closing the road just a few years ago.
      Nice. Yeah it's fun when you recognize spots along the way (always do that myself when people drive up the CA coast) and it's interesting where people decide to stop. It's a balancing act between stopping for photos and actually getting to your destination at a decent time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
      That last pic looking west across the field at the Gaylord Hotel/Convention center is on my way to work every day at DIA.

Awesome pictures, great trip.
      So that's what place is. We did a quick search on the map and didn't see it...is it new? She never drives on that road (usually takes Pena) so it was interesting for her too. That whole area was just surreal with how quiet and desolate it was. If someone blindfolded you and dropped you off there at night, you'd think you're thousands of miles from civilization.

I saw new houses being built and seems like that entire area will be developed before you know it.

Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      06-05-2018 12:11 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      That just puts her to sleep, which is one way of getting through it, I suppose. She doesn't get to enjoy the views or take the photos that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI 20v View Post
      My wife also gets motion sickness when she is a passenger in a car. She tried these wrist bands from Amazon and inexplicably, they work.

I'll try anything if it helps...

Cars
      2 Manuel Turbo Wagons... One is incredibly slow.
      06-05-2018 12:20 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      My wife gets so carsick on any kind of mountain roads and I haven't been able to break her out of it.
      I take Ginger Root for when I need to keep my belly happy.

That sounds wrong.
      I keep up with traffic with only 90 hp. What's your superpower?
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI, 205k - 2007 Fuji Heavy Industries WRB WRX Wagon, 120k
      Past: 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6 - 1985 Golf 1.8L - No Trim Level Edition

Grammatical and spelling errors may be intentional

7. Member
      Cars
      Tricked out DeLorean. Fake M M235ix
      06-05-2018 12:36 PM #56
      Nice pics! I was just down there too. I managed to get four people and our camping gear in the 2er.

Cars
      BRZ
      06-05-2018 01:28 PM #57
      Cool snaps MartyMcFly88MPH

Cars
      E39 M5 | 987.2 | GTI
      06-05-2018 02:17 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly88MPH View Post
      Nice pics! I was just down there too. I managed to get four people and our camping gear in the 2er.
      Some photos don't show up at work so I didn't know you posted pics till hushy mentioned it.

How did you like Ouray? Typical small town? Worth spending a night?

I thought it was weird that only the main road was paved and the others were gravel.

10. Member
      Cars
      2005 Acura TSX
      06-05-2018 02:33 PM #59
      I visited Ouray a few years ago. This picture really takes me back.

We went to a brewpub/restaurant which I believe is right about in the middle of the picture. We sat at an outdoor seating area which happened to be on the 2nd floor or roof. We had a great lunch and beer and were treated to quite a show when a random thunderstorm came roaring down the canyon. Weather went from sunny and warm to cold and dark in no time. It was incredible to see this storm roll in.

OP, thanks for posting and stirring my memories.

Cars
      mk6 CW GTI, Mitsu Outlander Sport, sold - mk4 futura GTI
      06-05-2018 03:01 PM #60
      great pictures. thanks for sharing
      praise the lowered
      ¡save manuel!

Originally Posted by George Bluth >>
      It's so obnoxious when VW Golf/Jetta owners comment

12. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-05-2018 03:57 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      I visited Ouray a few years ago. This picture really takes me back.

We went to a brewpub/restaurant which I believe is right about in the middle of the picture. We sat at an outdoor seating area which happened to be on the 2nd floor or roof. We had a great lunch and beer and were treated to quite a show when a random thunderstorm came roaring down the canyon. Weather went from sunny and warm to cold and dark in no time. It was incredible to see this storm roll in.

OP, thanks for posting and stirring my memories.
      I love watching storms, so that sounds awesome!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Cars
      15 GSW, 19 Tiguan SE, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha
      06-05-2018 04:19 PM #62
      You should definitely whip it out and start snapping! What kind of Nikon is it? Even the entry-level DSLRs are capable of great photos. The prosumer and professional ones are better with their low-light performance, auto-focusing, and frames per second, but that's not needed for most applications. Then it's just practice to enhance composition and lighting which is where I'm trying to improve.
      What he said. I am still shooting with a 12 year old Nikon D300. It is only 6MP but it takes excellent pictures and I can easily print them up to 11x14 if I want. I don't do any post processing but only because I never have and don't know where to start. Most of my shots are taken using Auto or Program mode if I want to force the flash on.

And hey - at least you aren't wasting film while you learn! When I first started I would have to drop off my rolls, wait to pick them up, and then realize I didn't get the shot. Digital is instant gratification and you can take several shots of the same scene until you feel like you captured it.

Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      06-05-2018 04:59 PM #63
      Nice shots, thanks for posting them up. We've done a number of Colorado/Utah/Four Corners trips, and these shots bring back great memories. We really enjoyed Durango and Gunnison, FTR. The last time we were back in Durango, though, you could tell how much more it was built up and developed from a decade before. Big box stores, dealerships, etc. Glad we saw it before it changed.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

15. 06-05-2018 05:13 PM #64
      So that's what place is. We did a quick search on the map and didn't see it...is it new? She never drives on that road (usually takes Pena) so it was interesting for her too. That whole area was just surreal with how quiet and desolate it was. If someone blindfolded you and dropped you off there at night, you'd think you're thousands of miles from civilization.

I saw new houses being built and seems like that entire area will be developed before you know it.
      They are building parking lots and housing south of the airport like weeds. Starting in the mid to high $400k's and you too could have your very own 3,000SF house on a 3,100SF lot! Development at DIA in particular and the Denver area in general is through the roof right now. The Gaylord project is new, and allegedly the convention center is booked out solid for the next few years. The electrical contractor I run work for at the airport is also part of that project (good info )

16. Member
      Cars
      06-05-2018 09:49 PM #65
      Some photos don't show up at work so I didn't know you posted pics till hushy mentioned it.

How did you like Ouray? Typical small town? Worth spending a night?

I thought it was weird that only the main road was paved and the others were gravel.
      We camped in Ouray for three nights. It was definitely worth it. We hiked to a few waterfalls, checked out the town, did a mine tour, and hit up some hot springs. The paved main road and gravel side roads is pretty typical of mountain towns.

Ouray might have a prettier backdrop, but we all preferred the town of Telluride. Everything is very upscale and nice, while keeping the historical look and feel of the town. The hike to Bridal Veil Falls was amazing too. Luckily our Ouray campsite was in a good location to easily travel between both towns.
      Last edited by MartyMcFly88MPH; 06-05-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Cars
      Hot hatchback coupé heaven
      06-05-2018 11:21 PM #66
      What a trip. I love the photos.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Cars
      E39 M5 | 987.2 | GTI
      06-06-2018 01:22 PM #67
      We camped in Ouray for three nights. It was definitely worth it. We hiked to a few waterfalls, checked out the town, did a mine tour, and hit up some hot springs. The paved main road and gravel side roads is pretty typical of mountain towns.

Ouray might have a prettier backdrop, but we all preferred the town of Telluride. Everything is very upscale and nice, while keeping the historical look and feel of the town. The hike to Bridal Veil Falls was amazing too. Luckily our Ouray campsite was in a good location to easily travel between both towns.
      If I had an extra day, I definitely would've checked out Telluride. I hadn't heard of it prior to the Grand Tour visiting it and looked like a cool place. Not surprised it's more upscale given the ski resort.

19. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      06-06-2018 01:39 PM #68
      Tell me about the wheels on your car (if they are aftermarket).

20. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      06-06-2018 01:39 PM #69
      Great thread, OP!
      Thanks for posting.

Cars
      2017 A5
      06-06-2018 01:47 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by westopher View Post
      If you want to spend a bunch of money for something to look at, buy a painting. I'll happily drive my car til its worth nothing.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Since my presence has been requested, Beetlejuice-style, I'll address the current controversy:
      Yes, the Prius is the greatest car ever made.

Cars
      '84 Mk1 Jetta GLI ABA S/C, '89 Vanagon Carat Whitestar, '17 Golf Alltrack, '16 GTI PP
      06-06-2018 10:52 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI 20v View Post

I fly a bunch for work and agree, inexplicably they really do work. Have never had any issue with motion sickness regardless of how much turbulence we encounter. They are even comfortable enough to wear on long haul trans-oceanic flights without any irritation. Bought them for under $10 at Walgreens and now they are part of my regular travel kit.
      DCI - Party time, excellent.

23. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      06-06-2018 11:00 PM #72
      Not sure how I'm just now seeing this. Nice trip man, and beautiful pictures.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

24. Member
      Cars
      06-07-2018 06:17 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Tell me about the wheels on your car (if they are aftermarket).
      VMR V710

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

25. Member
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      06-07-2018 11:13 AM #74
      Very nice photos OP. May I ask what kind of camera you use? I like photography, but am verrry VERRRRRY new to the whole ordeal. So like almost zero knowledge and experience thus far.

Cars
      BRZ
      06-07-2018 01:35 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonk2Hossa View Post
      Very nice photos OP. May I ask what kind of camera you use? I like photography, but am verrry VERRRRRY new to the whole ordeal. So like almost zero knowledge and experience thus far.
      He already answered that in this thread, but the answer is not going to be useful to you anyway. You might compare his camera to a 911 GT3. If you don't know how to drive well, a GT3 is barely going to get you around an autocross course faster than a Miata. If you are very new to photography, a $3k DSLR body probably isn't going to produce any better results than your iPhone--in fact, it will likely be the other way around.

Are you trying to purchase your first DSLR? That's a completely different topic, one that should also be accompanied by a discussion about lenses as well.

And don't forget to study the photos themselves. Why are we all kiznarsh fans? Note the rich, clean tones. Saturation is high, but never ridiculous. Also notice the variety of compositions and subject matter that keeps you moving through the thread. Once you figure out what you're looking for, you have something to think about and aim for.

I always say that you should start in photography by trying to copy your favorite photos. You'll fail at copying, but you'll still create something and learn a lot in the process

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast