Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-05-2018 11:38 AM #1

Hello.

I've been a huge fan of the VW MkV R32 for years now. I recently sold my 2nd one so that I could upgrade to an S3.

Obligatory picture of the previous car:

I loved my MkV R32's but I wanted something more modern and faster. For my needs (and budget) when looking for a new car, I kept coming back to the S3. I did a bit more research and decided that was most likely the car for me. So the search began!

I had been looking for several weeks for just the right one, in the right color with options that I wanted. I figured that it didn't exist or at least, if it did, no one was selling it. Then I found it! A 2016 Sepang Blue with just 22k miles, all of the options that I wanted and none of them that I didn't. It was just a 166 miles south of me at Coast to Coast Imports in Indianapolis. I made the drive, saw the car and...well, didn't have a great customer experience. So I left *furiously*, without the car. Many hours later, after I'd calmed down a bit, I realized that in not buying the car the only one that I'd deprived of anything was me. So I called them the next day, negotiated ( I use this term VERY loosely) terms that I was "ok" with and pulled the trigger. Now I'm anxiously awaiting it's delivery.

Pictures to follow when it arrives.

With my R32's I'd upgraded them with all of the OEM+ mods that were available. With the S3 (sorry I am a layman) I'm not sure what, if anything, is available as far as OEM+ mods. Any help would be appreciated!
      Last edited by Kzoo; 04-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.
      R32 #920 (Sold), Jetta TDI Cup Car (Sold), R32 #4113 (Sold)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Cars
      2017 Audi S3 Dynamic Pkg
      04-06-2018 04:12 PM #2
      Congrats! You're going to love the S3 -- I've had mine for a year now and still can't help but smile every time I fire it up.

I owned an 08 R32 back in the day and always loved the exhaust note from that puppy!

Enjoy your new ride and post pics!

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-09-2018 12:34 AM #3
      I ended up having to drive down to Indianapolis to pick up the car. They couldn't get someone to deliver it until after the weekend. Which wasn't acceptable.
      So I had to rent a car and make the drive, again. Certainly not the end of the world, but not convenient either.
      When I showed up the car was washed and ready...this time with new tires on it. I picked the car up with just 22,005 miles on it.

Not sure why they parked it in the Handicap parking.

I couldn't live without these seats!

The car does have red brake caliper but that $400 option isn't on the window sticker. Not sure why.
      Kinda bummed that the previous owned didn't add the Homelink. Can't have everything I guess.

I took it to work Saturday and got to hand wash it and "get to know it". Of course I found a couple of faults that I hadn't noticed before. Nothing that won't buff out, so no big deal.
      The quad exhaust tips look as though the previous owner NEVER cleaned them. Ever. That's gonna take a bit of time to get the caked on, backed on carbon off of them. But after that, the car will look new again.
      Last edited by Kzoo; 04-18-2018 at 04:36 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2019 Tiguan SE, 2017 S3, 2011 Ranger 4x4
      04-09-2018 10:49 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
      Kinda bummed that the previous owned didn't add the Homelink. Can't have everything I guess.
      I was under the assumption that Homelink wasn't an available option until after the fact. Owners would have to retrofit the kit if they wanted it.

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-09-2018 12:36 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolla View Post
      I was under the assumption that Homelink wasn't an available option until after the fact. Owners would have to retrofit the kit if they wanted it.
      Correct. That's what I was getting at.

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-10-2018 09:46 AM #6
      Mileage: 22,605

Put a K&N air filter in it. ($53.99)
      While I was in there I took out the "Snow Grate" or whatever that thing is that's in there restricting the airflow.

*Update*
      I also called Audi Customer Care to inquire about getting a reprint/reissued window sticker since mine didn't come with one.
      Long story short; A dealership in Ohio was able to get one 2 day aired from AofA for a 2015 that I didn't end up buying. So I know that this can be done!
      I asked my local dealership if they could get me one and they simply said that it couldn't be done. They didn't even check. I informed them that another dealer DID get this done. Their reply "well we don't know how that's possible". Fast forward to today, I called AofA and requested one. They too said that it couldn't be done. I told them about the dealer that got it done. They asked for my mailing address and my VIN, asked who I spoke to at the dealer that was able to get it done. Said that they would get back to me in 1-2 business days.
      Now I wait.
      Last edited by Kzoo; 04-10-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-14-2018 08:55 PM #7
      AoA got back to me and told me that one can only be reissued if the car is in stock at an Audi dealership. I can’t understand why that would be.

I ordered some Weathertech mats for the front and rear. Not that anyone will ever sit in the rear seats...but just in case. Got a decent deal on them on Amazon, $156 with free shipping. They showed up yesterday.

Today my phone mount showed up. I ordered it from clearmounts.com for $35. Easy install, seems to be good quality and the magnet holds my iphone 7+ with an otterbox on it without issues.

Last edited by Kzoo; 04-15-2018 at 04:30 PM.

10. 04-16-2018 10:49 PM #8
      Congrats!
      Have the same car but with black optics package..
      Orginal plan was a 16 R but we all know that story..love this car👍

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-18-2018 10:52 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by S3n View Post
      Congrats!
      Have the same car but with black optics package..
      Original plan was a 16 R but we all know that story..love this car
      I wanted an 18' Golf R. I was willing to bend on my "no four door hot hatch" rule. However I was not willing to bend on my "must have a sunroof" rule. So, I bought this.

I need some advice from the group, I'd like to get the OEM resonator delete for this BUT I spend most of my time on the highway.
      Is that gonna be too obnoxious for my 2 hour commute? Does it drone or, like the Borla I had on my R32, does it hum at highway speeds?
      Because that got to be unbearable pretty quick. I'm not looking for that kinda noise again. Your thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated!

12. 04-18-2018 03:50 PM #10
      How much did you pay for it, and what year is it?

13. Junior Member
      Cars
      2016 Sepang S3
      04-18-2018 04:14 PM #11
      I guess you could just print your own sticker, if you buy sticker paper and play with print scale. http://www.wikilender.com/audi-windo...i-vin-decoder/
      2016 Sepang Blue S3. MagRide, SuperSport seats, B&O, RS3 grille, wheel spacers 10mm/17.5mm, K&N drop-in filter, stock intake mod, LED interiors, Spulen engine mount insert (modified), BMS JB4. Sleeper AF...

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-18-2018 04:20 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by MathildaS3 View Post
      I guess you could just print your own sticker, if you buy sticker paper and play with print scale. http://www.wikilender.com/audi-windo...i-vin-decoder/
      I'd like to try that! However, I've no idea what kind of paper that would be or what the dimensions of it should be.

15. Junior Member
      Cars
      2016 Sepang S3
      04-18-2018 04:47 PM #13
      Yeah, me neither. My car didn’t come with a sticker when I bought it new. Just thought I’d print one to have in the Mathilda folder.
      2016 Sepang Blue S3. MagRide, SuperSport seats, B&O, RS3 grille, wheel spacers 10mm/17.5mm, K&N drop-in filter, stock intake mod, LED interiors, Spulen engine mount insert (modified), BMS JB4. Sleeper AF...

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-20-2018 02:12 PM #14
      Today I modified all four vents so that they telescope...like they do in the rest of the world.
      I'll probably never use them for the indirect air but at least they work!

I used the DIY found on page 2
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...lescopic-Vents
      Last edited by Kzoo; 04-25-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Cars
      MKVI R
      04-24-2018 07:36 PM #15
      I love my MK6 R, but i've driven 2 different S3's and haven't stopped thinking about it ever since. Such an amazing car
      They were a bit high in price at the time before I got my R. The Sepang Blue seems to be a hard color to find here in CO, but hopefully one comes around when that time comes.
      "There are only two opinions in this world: Mine and the wrong one."
      -Jeremy Clarkson

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-25-2018 11:59 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
      I love my MK6 R, but i've driven 2 different S3's and haven't stopped thinking about it ever since. Such an amazing car
      They were a bit high in price at the time before I got my R. The Sepang Blue seems to be a hard color to find here in CO, but hopefully one comes around when that time comes.
      They're definitely not giving these things away, that's for sure!
      I found mine by pure luck. I was gonna 'settle' for a 2015 S3 Dayton 1. I don't like grey cars but there was just something about it that made me want it. I really wanted Sepang blue but I couldn't find one with all of the options that I wanted. Then, just 3 days before I was supposed to make the trip to sign the papers on the Dayton 1, this one popped up. I couldn't believe my luck! So I jumped on it!!

Unrelated short story:
      This morning when I got to work and washed my car I found a rather large stone chip on the windshield just behind the mirror so I couldn't see it from inside. This practically ruined my mood. While trying to find an auto glass company to come out and fix it today, our new trialman (probationary firefighter) mentioned that he worked for an auto glass company that I'd already contacted that said they couldn't make it out today. Long story short, he made a call and got someone to come out and fix it today...free of charge! I guess it's who you know that matters. Mood=improved

04-25-2018 01:54 PM #17
      Unrelated short story:
      This morning when I got to work and washed my car I found a rather large stone chip on the windshield just behind the mirror so I couldn't see it from inside. This practically ruined my mood. While trying to find an auto glass company to come out and fix it today, our new trialman (probationary firefighter) mentioned that he worked for an auto glass company that I'd already contacted that said they couldn't make it out today. Long story short, he made a call and got someone to come out and fix it today...free of charge! I guess it's who you know that matters. Mood=improved

muahahahaha, so the bros HELPED you out this time instead of hurtin' ya! I tell you...I can't find a 100% stock s3 (2015 -2017) to save my life out here; they all have had some mods done to them and I don't like mods unless I've done them myself. maybe the s3 gods are telling me to stay away. from them and are redirecting me to suv-land =\

shark-

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-25-2018 04:15 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by thesharkman View Post
      muahahahaha, so the bros HELPED you out this time instead of hurtin' ya! I tell you...I can't find a 100% stock s3 (2015 -2017) to save my life out here; they all have had some mods done to them and I don't like mods unless I've done them myself. maybe the s3 gods are telling me to stay away. from them and are redirecting me to suv-land =\

shark-
      The trialman is eager to help out right now since he's the "new guy". He's trying to make friends so I guess I have to be nice to him for a while now.
      Either way, it will have been a huge help...as soon as this guy finally shows up to fix it.

Don't give in to the SUV, unless it's something cool like an SQ5 or something fast.
      What are you looking for? i.e. color, year and options. I've got a lot of time on my hands. Are you willing to travel to get it or have it shipped?

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-28-2018 08:58 AM #19
      Mileage: 25,000

Yesterday I did the 10-15 minute install of the OEM resonator delete kit. I love it! So far.
      It doesn't seem to drone around town or on the highway...that I've noticed. The added noise is almost unnoticeable under normal driving conditions. The car was just too quiet from the factory for my liking. Now I think it's puuuurfect.

I also added some cheap 'S3' puddle lights I got off of ebay. They look great though!
      The light kinda washes out in this picture but they are very clear and crisp.

OEM resonator delete kit: $201
      Puddle lights: $11
      Last edited by Kzoo; 04-29-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      11-14-2018 04:10 PM #20
      I haven't updated this in quite a while. Reason being- there's been nothing to report because the car just sits in the garage. I rarely drive it.

Actually, I did modify the stock air intake back in August (I think). I opened up the drivers side of the air intake. I didn't notice any difference...

I don't usually tinker with cars that are under warranty so this thread is pretty boring.

Cars
      mk4 VR6, mk4 tdi
      12-21-2018 06:43 AM #21
      Oh God these seats are.... GORGEOUS!
      Nice one keep it up!
      Daily: mk4 TDI // Project: Blackhawk mk4 2.8 VR6

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      12-27-2018 01:16 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by theklemza View Post
      Oh God these seats are.... GORGEOUS!
      Nice one keep it up!
      Thanks! In my opinion, the seats are the best part of the car.

01-01-2019 12:45 AM #23
      I haven't updated this in quite a while. Reason being- there's been nothing to report because the car just sits in the garage. I rarely drive it.

Actually, I did modify the stock air intake back in August (I think). I opened up the drivers side of the air intake. I didn't notice any difference...

I don't usually tinker with cars that are under warranty so this thread is pretty boring.
      trade ya' the .:R for it! muahahahaha. just put on come conti extreme sports. all stock mechanically!

shark -

Cars
      16' S3, 03' A4 Avant
      04-02-2019 10:43 AM #24
      Date: 3-29-19
      Mileage: 38,701

I was finally able to get the 35k service done. My local dealership is down to just one Audi tech so they are scheduled out pretty far. I'm not a fan of not getting services done on time...oh well, it's done.
      $921.47 damnit the big services hurt.

I still need to get the windows tinted. Perhaps I'll try to muster up the energy to get that done this week.

Nothing else to report.
      Last edited by Kzoo; 04-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.