Fourtitude.com - Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport concept revealed in New York ? Previews a production two-row crossover coming next year
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
      Cars
      2015 GTI, 2006 GLI, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      04-14-2019 09:12 AM #126
      Interior is mildly updated Atlas: http://www.burlappcar.com/2019/04/al...ort-cross.html

Sport Cross:

Atlas:

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      04-14-2019 09:50 AM #127
      I would say those a more than mild updates. However, keep in mind these pictures are of the Chinese Teramont version which is more upscale than our Atlas.

Cars
      Now: 2016 GTI PP Autobahn; Then: 2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      04-14-2019 10:10 AM #128
      As with the standard Atlas, the rear and side profiles look good (still don't like the Atlas' C-pillar/window kink), but the front end is completely disjointed and does not flow at all. It's the transition between the headlamps and the grille that looks half-baked and makes the front look very awkward.

I had a similar complaint about the last generation A8, where the front end elements looked tacked-on without any real flow or integration.

Cars
      2014 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2011 Toyota Camry LE, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
      04-14-2019 04:10 PM #129
      I’ve been seeing several of these around town in full camo. I’m sure an official debut isn’t far away.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX
      2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11)
      2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11)
      2003 Jetta GLS 2.slow (good riddance)
      2010 VW GTI

Cars
      '19 MDX, '16 V60CC, '08 987 S
      04-14-2019 06:16 PM #130
      So wait? Is this going to be called the "Sport Cross," yet have a 290ish hp n/a V6 Engine in it?

Why is VW always so damn behind the curve?

Why can't VW "borrow" the Audi 3.0T from the S4? It would be so refreshing to see a compelling VW car other than the Golf R/GTI/GLI/All-Track.

Why can't VW make an SUV where the initial reviews don't have to include a host of disclaimers and "if only's."

EDIT: It just occurred to me that this thing is built on MQB, so the Audi 3.0T might not fit.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
      this is due to your inexperience with performance driving . . . you really do have to take a car to a performance driving event, track day, autocross, ice race etc to get a feel for how a car actually performs. and you have to have the knowledge and skill to be able to manipulate the car in such a way as to get it and keep it at the edge.

7. Member
      Cars
      '17 GTI, '18 F22, '13 E88, etc.
      04-14-2019 06:44 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      EDIT: It just occurred to me that this thing is built on MQB, so the Audi 3.0T might not fit.
      Right, even if the actual motor fit I don't think they would have a transmission that would work.

That said, an Atlas Sport Cross with a TT-RS 2.5T would be very interesting, even if detuned.

Cars
      04-14-2019 07:03 PM #132
      So wait? Is this going to be called the "Sport Cross," yet have a 290ish hp n/a V6 Engine in it?

Why is VW always so damn behind the curve?

Why can't VW "borrow" the Audi 3.0T from the S4? It would be so refreshing to see a compelling VW car other than the Golf R/GTI/GLI/All-Track.

Why can't VW make an SUV where the initial reviews don't have to include a host of disclaimers and "if only's."

The "Sport" comes into play with the body design, not the engine/mechanicals. Rather than just lop off a foot from the back of the Atlas for those who don't want/need a third seat, they added some style along with the shorter body. There's a smaller-than-Tiguan model coming and I wouldn't be surprised if they called it a Tiguan Sport Cross.

Cars
      04-14-2019 07:07 PM #133
      More photos and a little more info:
      https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/vw...hanghai-debut/

This one has the standard VW steering wheel, not the flat-bottom one from the GTI/GLI.

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      04-14-2019 08:17 PM #134

Cars
      2008 Passat Wagon VR6 4motion, 2013 FIAT 500 Sport
      04-14-2019 08:54 PM #135
      Why can't VW "borrow" the Audi 3.0T from the S4?
      Along with it not fitting that engine has got to be a LOT more expensive to make than the 3.6 VR6, which has been in continuous production for 14 years. Now, the 3.0T VR6 from the Terramont on the other hand...
      - Jeff
      B6 Passat 3.6 & 4motion Resource Thread
      Now: 2008 VW Passat 3.6 4motion Wagon, 2013 Fiat 500 Sport
      Then: 1987 Volvo 745GLE, 1989 Volvo 740GL, 1994 Volvo 940T, 1995 Infiniti G20, 2000 VW Passat 1.8T, 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Ed (x2), 2004 VW Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI

12. Member
      Cars
      B6 S4 Avant
      04-15-2019 11:20 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post

I'm dealing with an excess of self loathing right now for finding that attractive.

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      04-15-2019 11:38 AM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      I'm dealing with an excess of self loathing right now for finding that attractive.
      Same here. And I don't know if imagining it lowered on 20" rims makes me feel better or worse.

14. Member
      Cars
      B6 S4 Avant
      04-15-2019 02:46 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
      Same here. And I don't know if imagining it lowered on 20" rims makes me feel better or worse.
      Keep going, I'm almost there.

15. Member
      Cars
      '17 GTI, '18 F22, '13 E88, etc.
      04-15-2019 02:55 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      More photos and a little more info:
      Looks nice. I think this might be able to reclaim a few of the lost Touareg customers.

16. Member
      Cars
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      04-15-2019 03:15 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      The "Sport" comes into play with the body design, not the engine/mechanicals. Rather than just lop off a foot from the back of the Atlas for those who don't want/need a third seat, they added some style along with the shorter body. There's a smaller-than-Tiguan model coming and I wouldn't be surprised if they called it a Tiguan Sport Cross.
      I thought I read the production name for this in North America will be "Atlas Coupe" while the concept was the "Atlas Cross Sport".

While there is a newer sub-compact CUV called the T-Cross, I don't think I've ever seen "Sport Cross" mentioned for any new VW product until right now.

Cars
      2005 Touareg V8 4.2 2010 Jetta TDI Six speed manual 1994 Jetta 5 speed manual
      04-15-2019 05:38 PM #141
      Just plain Garbage I'm still ****ing pissed off that the new Touareg is unavialble for the North American Market.

This Two-row crossover is a huge mistake Volkswagen needs to offer a Market segment for the Touareg customer. The Atlas has proved it's self for that specific market segment. Why add a chopped down version of the Atlas?

Someone had mentioned the price structure in Europe hovering 90K plus for the new Touareg, however that price structure for the North American Market would be obviously cut due to lack of options available.

The prices for a well equiped 2019 Tourage in the 50-60 range is considerably reasonable for the capabilites of the new Touareg in North America.

Cars
      2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
      04-15-2019 06:05 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by GC Autoparts View Post
      Just plain Garbage I'm still ****ing pissed off that the new Touareg is unavialble for the North American Market.

This Two-row crossover is a huge mistake Volkswagen needs to offer a Market segment for the Touareg customer. The Atlas has proved it's self for that specific market segment. Why add a chopped down version of the Atlas?

Someone had mentioned the price structure in Europe hovering 90K plus for the new Touareg, however that price structure for the North American Market would be obviously cut due to lack of options available.

The prices for a well equiped 2019 Tourage in the 50-60 range is considerably reasonable for the capabilites of the new Touareg in North America.
      Why add a chopped version of the Atlas? Because people want it. I'm not sure what you have against this idea. I am someone who's has a keen interest in this segment. And judging by trends, many others do as well.
      ||||||||||||||
      CURRENT: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
      PREVIOUS: 2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT, 2012 VW Passat SEL Premium, 2009 VW Tiguan SE; 2006 VW Passat 2.0T

Cars
      2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport
      04-15-2019 06:12 PM #143

People do not buy expensive Volkswagens. I feel like we've been over this.
      The taxes...the finger thing means the taxes.

Cars
      04-15-2019 06:22 PM #144

The rumor is the Atlas Cross Sport will slot in between the Tiguan and the Atlas. It is rumored to be priced a bit lower than the Atlas too. This is EXACTLY where VW needs to be: a mass-market product. The T’reg was too expensive for any serious volume in our market. If you’re looking for a new T’reg, Audi will happily sell you a new Q7.

Quote Originally Posted by capclassicv2 View Post
      Why add a chopped version of the Atlas? Because people want it. I'm not sure what you have against this idea. I am someone who's has a keen interest in this segment. And judging by trends, many others do as well.
      This. When the lease is up on our 2017 Jetta, I’m 99% sure an SUV will replace it. The Tiguan is...OK I guess, but something a little bigger would be better. The Atlas is too big, so this Cross Sport feels just right.

Side note: we’re all probably looking at the future Passat replacement here.

Cars
      a Metro pass.
      04-15-2019 06:28 PM #145

Wow, you never cease being the resident Touareg Troll of this forum. A huge mistake? The affordable midsize crossover segment is quite hot right now, VW's huge mistake would be not getting an entry into this segment. The Touareg is a whole other vehicle in a whole other class, and VW has learned that they don't sell enough $60K+ VW-badged vehicles in the US market for it to be worth the effort.

VW Group has plenty of other luxury SUV's they make lots of money from, you should stop your whining and maybe give them a look, and accept that the Touareg is gone.
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

Cars
      1962 Lincoln Continental
      04-15-2019 07:01 PM #146

This Two-row crossover is a huge mistake .

I think a lot of Grand Cherokee owners would disagree with this.
      Quote Originally Posted by uncleho
      Before you take the tact of denigrating a group, you should empathize with the situation/history and understand the facts. It might not make for great debate on forums, but it helps with personal awareness.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie
      Empathy isn't hard. You don't have to feel what other people feel to be understanding or trust that not everyone has the same perspective.

23. 04-15-2019 07:32 PM #147
      Hope they fix the dreaded pano sunroof that's plagued the alltracks, sportwagens, and tiguans...

04-15-2019 07:40 PM #148
      This was probably answered already, but I assume this one is the same thing as the Q8?

Looks better than the Q8 tbh
      2016 GTI S 6MT 2door

Cars
      2005 Touareg V8 4.2 2010 Jetta TDI Six speed manual 1994 Jetta 5 speed manual
      04-15-2019 07:47 PM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by kraut_pauer79 View Post
      Wow, you never cease being the resident Touareg Troll of this forum. A huge mistake? The affordable midsize crossover segment is quite hot right now, VW's huge mistake would be not getting an entry into this segment. The Touareg is a whole other vehicle in a whole other class, and VW has learned that they don't sell enough $60K+ VW-badged vehicles in the US market for it to be worth the effort.

VW Group has plenty of other luxury SUV's they make lots of money from, you should stop your whining and maybe give them a look, and accept that the Touareg is gone.

Not a Troll, just passionate about the Touareg. Regarding the whole other VW Group, ya if you have 70K plus to spend new which I don't

Cars
      a Metro pass.
      04-15-2019 07:49 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by Engineer90 View Post
      This was probably answered already, but I assume this one is the same thing as the Q8?

Looks better than the Q8 tbh
      What about this car is the same as a Q8? It's built from MQB components, has a transversely mounted powertrain, is FWD, and will cost $30-35K.

Which of any of these stats applies to the Q8?
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast