Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: Pop Up Ads

Cars
      2013 Golf R, 2004 Jetta GLI
      03-21-2018 03:24 PM #1
      I’m getting a ton of pop up ads and bars popping up. They never stop and will completely cover my phone’s screen if I don’t close them. The adds randomly move as well, so closing them is like playing whack a mole. I have Tapatalk but don’t always want to use it. Can something be done about this?
      Volkswagen Owner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Not your buddy, guy... AG-Admin's Avatar
      03-22-2018 12:55 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by craigalangibson View Post
      I’m getting a ton of pop up ads and bars popping up. They never stop and will completely cover my phone’s screen if I don’t close them. The adds randomly move as well, so closing them is like playing whack a mole. I have Tapatalk but don’t always want to use it. Can something be done about this?
      This is an ongoing issue, we are fully aware and working to block these from our ad network. These are targeting IOS devices using safari as a browser and viewing the site in desktop mode. If you get this again can you reply to this thread with the URL for the popup as well as what browser you are using and if you are on a tablet, phone etc. I can report this up to our ad traffic team to try and get it blocked. This unfortunately had become like a game of Whack-a-Mole since this is not coming from a single ad network source. This has also been a problem on a number of other forums not just ours and news sites like CNN and TMZ.
      -Philip

Cars
      03-23-2018 06:12 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by AG-Admin View Post
      This is an ongoing issue, we are fully aware and working to block these from our ad network. These are targeting IOS devices using safari as a browser and viewing the site in desktop mode. If you get this again can you reply to this thread with the URL for the popup as well as what browser you are using and if you are on a tablet, phone etc. I can report this up to our ad traffic team to try and get it blocked. This unfortunately had become like a game of Whack-a-Mole since this is not coming from a single ad network source. This has also been a problem on a number of other forums not just ours and news sites like CNN and TMZ.
      -Philip
      Will do! Thanks for the excellent response, it explains a lot. The ads really ruin the viewing experience haha.
      Volkswagen Owner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Not your buddy, guy... AG-Admin's Avatar
      03-23-2018 12:18 PM #4
      Will do! Thanks for the excellent response, it explains a lot. The ads really ruin the viewing experience haha.
      Its been ruining our time here for weeks now. for what its worth, some people have said they are getting none or nearly none when using chrome as a browser on ipads.
      -Philip

Cars
      03-23-2018 03:28 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by AG-Admin View Post
      Its been ruining our time here for weeks now. for what its worth, some people have said they are getting none or nearly none when using chrome as a browser on ipads.
      -Philip
      Good info, thanks.
      Volkswagen Owner

8. 05-28-2019 07:07 PM #6
      Will do! Thanks for the excellent response, it explains alot. The ads really ruin the viewing experience haha.
      They never stop and will completely cover my phone’s screenif I don’t close them. The adds Xender Discord Omegle [/B]randomly move as well, so closing them is like playing whack a mole
      Last edited by SAILITY; 05-30-2019 at 04:24 PM.