VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser ? It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

262K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  Mr.Veedubya 
#1 · (Edited)
Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser — It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

So, all that stuff about the Bronco just being a refreshed Everest?... Nevermind! :laugh:

From a big press release about all of Ford's future plans: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...nd-EVs-five-vehicle-architectures&p=110613353

Press Release said:
Ford also plans to drive growth with two all-new off-road models: the new Bronco and a yet-to-be-named off-road small utility – both designed to win a growing number of people who love getting away and spending time outdoors with their families and friends.

“Ford helped start the off-road phenomenon and has majored in off-road capability for decades – from the Bronco to the Raptor,” said Jim Farley, Ford president, Global Markets. “Now, we’re ready to reclaim our rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader.”

Next-Gen Hybrid Electrics: Part of Ford’s new strategy includes going all-in on hybrids to bring more capability to customers of our most popular and high-volume vehicles like F-150, Mustang, Explorer, Escape and Bronco – and serve as a hedge for customers against higher gas prices.

Ford’s new hybrids will offer customers more space than today’s hybrids. On the F-150 Hybrid, Ford will lean in to capability, such as the low-end torque for extra pulling power and the fact it can serve as a mobile generator. Mustang Hybrid will be all about delivering V8-like performance with more low-end torque.

“Hybrids for years have been mostly niche products but are now on the cusp of a mainstream breakout,” Farley said. “The valuable capability they offer – plus fuel efficiency – is why we’re going to offer hybrid variants of our most popular and high-volume vehicles, allowing our loyal, passionate customers to become advocates for the technology.”

Ford’s new hybrid system is designed to be more efficient and less expensive than previous generations. These lower costs – achieved through supply base relationships, using common cell and component design and by manufacturing motors, transmissions and battery packs – with the intention of lowering cost of ownership for customers.

See less See more
#483 ·
The leak of the Bronco Sport first was devastating in the short term. General public did not realize there was going to be two different models and the Sport has been universally panned as a Freelander/Escape on social media. I have a feeling they’ll have to pull the lid off this soon either way.

#485 ·
Were the expectations for the Sport somehow more than just a slightly more capable soft-roader?
It’s always been clear that the Sport was going to be a more rugged variation of the intentionally softer Escape.
Who are these people who’ve been devastated by the Sport?
Are they also devastated by the Renegade, Compass, and Cherokee?

#486 ·
I really like. I hope it comes with a factory option for 35", but I doubt it based on the potential weight of such a wheel/tire combo, and the fenders don't seem like they're shaped to have the clearance.

Has it been confirmed if this will have the Ford/GM 10AT transmission?

#494 ·
I really like. I hope it comes with a factory option for 35", but I doubt it based on the potential weight of such a wheel/tire combo, and the fenders don't seem like they're shaped to have the clearance.
There's already been sightings of a test mule with 35's :thumbup:

#491 ·
When you look at the structural similarities to the Wrangler, I have to think there are only so many ways to design a removable top SUV like this with current safety standards.

Where Ford can really differentiate is engines. If they give this thing some real power it might steal some buyers from Jeep.

#497 ·
Jeep execs have to be pissed; they're no longer going to own the 4x4 soft-top/convertible segment.
Jeep executives have been here before. Many others have come and gone in the last 75 years. Ford will be lucky to get 11 model years out of this gen Bronco. I'm happy to see this hit the market. It's was inevitable. As SUVs got softer and softer over the last 3 or 4 decades, it has opened the door for more hardcore versions to back fill the void.

#502 ·
I think the wrangler will still be on top for off road ability due to the solid axles BUT I think the Bronco will ride better on the road. I think that’s where they will sell a lot of these is people test driving and cross shopping wranglers and Broncos. It’ll be interesting to see how it does and I hope this breeds more competition in this segment

#506 ·
They are the same class of vehicle so they do have some similar characteristics but I think the new Bronco pulls off a really good 60s Bronco vibe without being too retro.

#509 ·
What is the point of the loops at the front of the hood on the Bronco and in the middle of the hood on the Wrangler? I'm not an offload guy, but are they just a retro throwback thing to lash points, or are people actually using them, or something else?

/dumbquestion

#544 ·
They hired the Toyota Supra's program management team, so we'll just be getting more and more teasers for about another 3-4 years before they release this thing. And then buyer beware for the first model year, as they'll drop in the Voodo V8 in the second year of production.

#537 ·
Looking at how all of this affected the C8 Corvette launch and initial sales push (and that was with a head start over COVID) I don't see Ford launching this until things have settled out a bit.

#540 ·
I think a lot of new car launches have been delayed.
No point in even revealing anything new, when the public just isn't focused on buying new cars right now. That would be a waste of advertising money.
With the car companies, and probably advertising companies, working remotely and with skeleton crews, producing teaser or launch materials for new cars and trucks is probably difficult.

#545 ·
New teaser video:

Check the clip at 25 seconds. It shows the rear inside tire locking up for a tighter turning radius, just like a 200 Series Land Cruiser. Pretty sweet stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.