VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser ? It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

262K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  Mr.Veedubya 
#1 · (Edited)
Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser — It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

So, all that stuff about the Bronco just being a refreshed Everest?... Nevermind! :laugh:

From a big press release about all of Ford's future plans: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...nd-EVs-five-vehicle-architectures&p=110613353

Press Release said:
Ford also plans to drive growth with two all-new off-road models: the new Bronco and a yet-to-be-named off-road small utility – both designed to win a growing number of people who love getting away and spending time outdoors with their families and friends.

“Ford helped start the off-road phenomenon and has majored in off-road capability for decades – from the Bronco to the Raptor,” said Jim Farley, Ford president, Global Markets. “Now, we’re ready to reclaim our rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader.”

Next-Gen Hybrid Electrics: Part of Ford’s new strategy includes going all-in on hybrids to bring more capability to customers of our most popular and high-volume vehicles like F-150, Mustang, Explorer, Escape and Bronco – and serve as a hedge for customers against higher gas prices.

Ford’s new hybrids will offer customers more space than today’s hybrids. On the F-150 Hybrid, Ford will lean in to capability, such as the low-end torque for extra pulling power and the fact it can serve as a mobile generator. Mustang Hybrid will be all about delivering V8-like performance with more low-end torque.

“Hybrids for years have been mostly niche products but are now on the cusp of a mainstream breakout,” Farley said. “The valuable capability they offer – plus fuel efficiency – is why we’re going to offer hybrid variants of our most popular and high-volume vehicles, allowing our loyal, passionate customers to become advocates for the technology.”

Ford’s new hybrid system is designed to be more efficient and less expensive than previous generations. These lower costs – achieved through supply base relationships, using common cell and component design and by manufacturing motors, transmissions and battery packs – with the intention of lowering cost of ownership for customers.

See less See more
#825 ·
THIS - I also think they did a good job without having the bar behind the front seats.

2door with the manual might just be my retirement vehicle...good job Ford. The 4door is growing on me too—looks good in the video.
The 4 door surprised me when I saw it too.

I hate to say it, but looking forward to seeing it in person. The $100 deposit is also tempting.

#822 · (Edited)
Ford Media site has been updated
https://media.ford.com

STANDARD on all trims
LED headlamps, black door handles, mirror caps, fender flares and fender tie-down hooks, manual air conditioning, push button start

7MT gear ratios - only available with 2.3
Granny 6.58
1st 4.283
2nd 2.36
3rd 1.45
4th 1:1
5th .77
6th .64

10AT has similar top gears but 1st is 4.71

Rear ends

7MT 4.46 on all except Badlands gets a 4.7

Autos are 3.73 or 4.27, 4.46 on Badlands

#823 ·
Looks like the 2 door gets the hard top standard but the 4 door doesn't. 2 door also starts at $28.5k. I wonder how much the 35's are, and how much it would be to upgrade to the auto disconnecting sway bars.

#841 ·
:eek:

#931 ·
There are trim pix on ford.com

Badlands

Wildtrack

It looks like the Wildtrack gets wider fender flares than other models. They actually cover the big tires. I wonder if these flares will be included in the Sasquatch package?

Also "Wildtrack" is a another swipe at Jeep who labeled the FSJ Cherokees "WideTrack".

I want a two door in yellow with the half doors. I might skip the Sasquatch package, though. Manual would make this a fun summer runabout.

#838 · (Edited)
Been trying to reserve one for 20 minutes now and it wont let me. Site crashes.

edit: whenever it lets me Ill be reserving a Black Diamond trim 2 door with Sasquatch package and the 2.7 if I can but Id be fine with the 4 banger.

edit: it just told me my closest dealer is no longer accepting reservations. Time to start changing my zip.

#844 ·
Poor Land Rover. This eats the Defenders lunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.