VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser ? It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

262K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  Mr.Veedubya 
#1 · (Edited)
Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser — It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

So, all that stuff about the Bronco just being a refreshed Everest?... Nevermind! :laugh:

From a big press release about all of Ford's future plans: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...nd-EVs-five-vehicle-architectures&p=110613353

Press Release said:
Ford also plans to drive growth with two all-new off-road models: the new Bronco and a yet-to-be-named off-road small utility – both designed to win a growing number of people who love getting away and spending time outdoors with their families and friends.

“Ford helped start the off-road phenomenon and has majored in off-road capability for decades – from the Bronco to the Raptor,” said Jim Farley, Ford president, Global Markets. “Now, we’re ready to reclaim our rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader.”

Next-Gen Hybrid Electrics: Part of Ford’s new strategy includes going all-in on hybrids to bring more capability to customers of our most popular and high-volume vehicles like F-150, Mustang, Explorer, Escape and Bronco – and serve as a hedge for customers against higher gas prices.

Ford’s new hybrids will offer customers more space than today’s hybrids. On the F-150 Hybrid, Ford will lean in to capability, such as the low-end torque for extra pulling power and the fact it can serve as a mobile generator. Mustang Hybrid will be all about delivering V8-like performance with more low-end torque.

“Hybrids for years have been mostly niche products but are now on the cusp of a mainstream breakout,” Farley said. “The valuable capability they offer – plus fuel efficiency – is why we’re going to offer hybrid variants of our most popular and high-volume vehicles, allowing our loyal, passionate customers to become advocates for the technology.”

Ford’s new hybrid system is designed to be more efficient and less expensive than previous generations. These lower costs – achieved through supply base relationships, using common cell and component design and by manufacturing motors, transmissions and battery packs – with the intention of lowering cost of ownership for customers.

See less See more
#759 ·
I said this thing looked like an Element on steroids and I'm not sure if it still will or not, but one thing is for sure...Ford ain't ****in' around with factory 35s and 15 colors, this is going to be really neat to see...pretty excited tbh.

I think Ford is one of the hardest working automakers in the business, they work their ass off for every sale they get.:thumbup:

#760 ·

#762 ·
Did I hear correctly these won’t be on the streets until April?

If that’s accurate that’s moronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#788 ·
Found a couple more things on http://www.burlappcar.com/

Slide out package shelf?
Seems like it would have been easier to just make the rear opening a fold down tail gate rather than adding this second part.

But obviously, the most important part of that picture is the Bronco branded roto-molded cooler. :beer:

#796 ·
The Bronco Sport is aimed at the Cherokee and Compass I assume? CUV underpinnings with a bit more offroad pizazz.

#800 ·
1 hour, 21 minutes.

#801 · (Edited)
:eek:

It's been a long time since I was genuinely excited about a new auto reveal.

#802 ·
Another from twitter. Legit? We'll know in an hour.

#805 ·
Anyone else hate how all these "lifestyle" vehicles are filled with gimmicky marketing logos? Like, It's a bronco, I don't need B R O N C O written on the dash, the floor mats, the door sills, the headrests, spelled across the front grille in ridiculously large letters.

Jeep does the same BS, although to a lesser extent. MINI also does this with their cringey infotainment slogans/gimmicks.

It's all so tiresome. Just make a Bronco, maybe put a badge on the back, and call it a day? I'd much prefer this wearing a blue oval in the grille.

#807 ·
With the Bronco Sport also coming along, I think Ford is looking to market the name as a sub-brand. And with a new, important launch into a market segment that many people don't associate Ford with (at least not for decades), it makes sense that they plaster the name on all four corners. You'll know what it is when you see, and I'll know what it is, but John and Suzie Q Public are gonna neck-snap when they see it and go, "Wuwuzat?!?!". Ford wants to make sure they see the word, "BRONCO", tall and proud.

#811 ·
Just saw these - I much prefer the 2-door. Interested to see all the trims.

Somebody broke the press embargo a half hour early I guess? And these tires look huge, I suspect these are the top dog 35s? I know these aren't terribly large vehicles and they look like steam roller tires at least as far as factory original equipment is concerned. Also keeping in mind even the Ram Power Wagon "only" runs 33s, which not that long ago used to be viewed as really big tires even for trucks.

#812 ·
The two door looks amazing. Think Ford will offer 0% APR for 84 months with 6 month deferred payment on these? :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.