VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser ? It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

262K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  Mr.Veedubya 
#1 · (Edited)
Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser — It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

So, all that stuff about the Bronco just being a refreshed Everest?... Nevermind! :laugh:

From a big press release about all of Ford's future plans: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...nd-EVs-five-vehicle-architectures&p=110613353

Press Release said:
Ford also plans to drive growth with two all-new off-road models: the new Bronco and a yet-to-be-named off-road small utility – both designed to win a growing number of people who love getting away and spending time outdoors with their families and friends.

“Ford helped start the off-road phenomenon and has majored in off-road capability for decades – from the Bronco to the Raptor,” said Jim Farley, Ford president, Global Markets. “Now, we’re ready to reclaim our rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader.”

Next-Gen Hybrid Electrics: Part of Ford’s new strategy includes going all-in on hybrids to bring more capability to customers of our most popular and high-volume vehicles like F-150, Mustang, Explorer, Escape and Bronco – and serve as a hedge for customers against higher gas prices.

Ford’s new hybrids will offer customers more space than today’s hybrids. On the F-150 Hybrid, Ford will lean in to capability, such as the low-end torque for extra pulling power and the fact it can serve as a mobile generator. Mustang Hybrid will be all about delivering V8-like performance with more low-end torque.

“Hybrids for years have been mostly niche products but are now on the cusp of a mainstream breakout,” Farley said. “The valuable capability they offer – plus fuel efficiency – is why we’re going to offer hybrid variants of our most popular and high-volume vehicles, allowing our loyal, passionate customers to become advocates for the technology.”

Ford’s new hybrid system is designed to be more efficient and less expensive than previous generations. These lower costs – achieved through supply base relationships, using common cell and component design and by manufacturing motors, transmissions and battery packs – with the intention of lowering cost of ownership for customers.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not a Ford guy, but this might do it for me.

#8 ·
That is a very encouraging profile.

#9 · (Edited)
#28 ·
That photo makes me think of what Sophia Vergara might look like under a tailored silky sheet. If this thing is 75% as capable as a Wrangler, but 25% more comfortable/livable, then I might be ready to try it on.

#34 ·
Can you all believe it was 14 years ago when Ford released this Bronco concept?
Maybe there was a reason they put it in The Rock's 2017 movie...

Doesn't look like a 14 year old concept car.

#46 ·
I thought the Bronco concept was going to be in Rampage?

I am pretty excited about the Bronco!
As a repeat Wrangler owner, I am excited to see an affordable (not the G-Wagen) rival to the Jeep's formula.
It will make Jeep step up their "quality" and performance game, just like the Pony Car wars.
Also, if FCA ends up selling Jeep to Geeley or Dong Feng, it will be nice to have a "domestic" alternative to the Wrangler.

#42 ·
TIL that the Ford Everest exists...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.