Fourtitude.com - The casings bucket... CSBs, musings, gear Qs...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    1. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      04-08-2019 12:13 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      I like everything about that but the hinged trigger dingus. Have you handled the SIG equivalent?
      Oh, $IG has a 5" barrel full size 9mm for ~$420? Where do I hand my cash?

I've shot a 320 in 9mm. A duty gun. It shot well; I just don't like the SIG grip, it's too big for me. And I've always like the M&P line.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      05-10-2019 09:53 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      M&P M2.0 9mm 5" FDE for $419 online. Very, very tempting. With transfer and tax, it'd still be less than what I can find locally.
      That's a good price.

I think that's about what I paid for my 1st gen. & that was with a rebate & 3 mags.

Did you.. pull the trigger?

4. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-04-2019 04:41 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.DOH. View Post
      That's a good price.

I think that's about what I paid for my 1st gen. & that was with a rebate & 3 mags.

Did you.. pull the trigger?
      no.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      07-29-2019 12:17 PM #79
      My buddy went to Italy to compete in the European Masters Games in skeet, his first competitive shooting event since... well, he doesn't even know. Probably ~20 years. Took gold in his class.

perishable skill, my ass.

The EMGs are basically the elderly Olympics.

7. n00b
      08-07-2019 08:08 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by CruznMalibu View Post
      SIG Voluntary "Upgrade" for the P320.
      For those of you who don't own a Sig Sauer P320, there was a video produced last late summer early fall showing a Sig p320 X5 doing an accidental discharge when hitting the ground at a specific angle.
      So Sig decided to modify the gun to make it safer. I own a 9mm in Compact and Full Size. I went through their process of obtaining a FedEx shipping label to send the guns to Sig for the upgrade work.
      Total turn around was 2.5 weeks. The only thing that sucked, I had to burn a personal day to be home to show ID and sign for the FedEx package. They wouldn't deliver to an address that wasn't registered to the firearm and FedEx would not hold the gun at their facility for pickup.

Upgrade modification - Different lighter trigger, milled the slide and changed the sear.

I was able to try it out this past weekend and I really like the revised trigger and the way it performed.
      Since I picked up an Olight PL-1 Mini Valkyrie weapon light for it, I ordered a new IWB Kydex Holster that would accommodate the gun / light combo (HIE Holsters) on Amazon.
      Now I can return the .357 revolver back to the gun safe.

Life Is Good !!

I picked up a 320c RX a few weeks back. Put 4-500 rounds through it so far with absolutely no issues. It is my new carry gun. Totally fell in love with it.

8. n00b
      08-07-2019 08:15 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      SIG Voluntary "Upgrade" for the P320.
      For those of you who don't own a Sig Sauer P320, there was a video produced last late summer early fall showing a Sig p320 X5 doing an accidental discharge when hitting the ground at a specific angle.
      So Sig decided to modify the gun to make it safer. I own a 9mm in Compact and Full Size. I went through their process of obtaining a FedEx shipping label to send the guns to Sig for the upgrade work.
      Total turn around was 2.5 weeks. The only thing that sucked, I had to burn a personal day to be home to show ID and sign for the FedEx package. They wouldn't deliver to an address that wasn't registered to the firearm and FedEx would not hold the gun at their facility for pickup.

Upgrade modification - Different lighter trigger, milled the slide and changed the sear.

I was able to try it out this past weekend and I really like the revised trigger and the way it performed.
      Since I picked up an Olight PL-1 Mini Valkyrie weapon light for it, I ordered a new IWB Kydex Holster that would accommodate the gun / light combo (HIE Holsters) on Amazon.
      Now I can return the .357 revolver back to the gun safe.

Life Is Good !!
      That's great, How do you shop online? which distributor/retailer?
      Last edited by amyacker; 08-07-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Cars
      17' Golf Alltrack
      10-01-2019 09:22 PM #82
      Shot a coworkers AUG this afternoon, the 40th Anniversary model in green with the original 1.5x optic. Bullpups are weird, pretty sure this was the first one I've ever fired, loved it though. The AUG has always been a grail gun for me to shoot and it didn't disappoint. Also shot his Brownells AR-10. Completely different animal to my FAL, its so light!
      Last edited by ErikGTI; 10-01-2019 at 09:25 PM.

10. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      11-06-2019 04:05 PM #83
      Finally built AR #1 this past weekend. Missing the trigger guard, which should be arriving this week. Handed it to a buddy who really knows guns and he was surprised at how light it was. I haven't weighed it complete yet, but I didn't go for a lightweight gun, just an inexpensive one. It's not the cheapest you could build, but I think I'm around $650ish without sights/optics. Free-float 15" handrail, ambi charging handle (Raptor), ambi safety, and adjustable stock are the "upgrades." 16" on Aero upper and Anderson lower.

Pics will come when fully complete. Then I gotta find someplace where I won't freeze to shoot it.

Searching for parts for AR #2, which is going to be a lefty. Unfortunately, I can't get all the parts right now, so many are out of stock.

Ordered the LPK, handrail and misc bits for AR #2, so I can get most of it done. I might just finish the upper I do have and make do until the lefty parts come available.

Cars
      MkVII GSW & Atlas R-Line
      11-06-2019 11:15 PM #84
      Shot a real MP5SD, AK47 (beautiful milled receiver) and a MAC-10 last week... I need $50k and a couple tax stamps for one of those SDs!

Also, Virginia has fallen. Yet another of the 13 original colonies has gone full leftist.

12. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      12-12-2019 04:01 PM #85
      Bravo, California.

The ammo BGC law has been a fantastic success story for gun violence reduction. To date, over 300,000 checks have been done. 101 of those checks resulted in a denial of sale to prohibited persons.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! In a complete coincidence, for the minor inconvenience of catching bad guys buying ammo, only 62,000 sales were denied because of incorrect data matching.

Other news... Check your local Walmarts, as apparently they're trying to dump ammo. My guess is they're starting at urban and suburban locations and rural locations will remained untouched by the new "policy."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234