Fourtitude.com - The casings bucket... CSBs, musings, gear Qs...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 85
    1. Member CruznMalibu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,472
      Cars
      18' Terrain, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 05' Honda VTX, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      03-09-2018 09:52 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.DOH. View Post
      My oldest purchased the 320 subcompact recently.

      I was genuinely surprised at:

      1) How accurate it was for a subcompact
      2) Even though my pinky was basically floating, it was still easy to manage

      Decent trigger, too.
      I'll have to see if he knows about the recall.
      If he bought it recently it should of already had the upgrade performed.
      He can check his serial number on the Sig website.
      Here's the link -
      https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p32...ntary-upgrade/

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member 2.DOH.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2002
      Location
      secret underground "lair"
      Posts
      4,570
      Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      03-09-2018 10:06 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by CruznMalibu View Post
      If he bought it recently it should of already had the upgrade performed.
      He can check his serial number on the Sig website.
      Here's the link -
      https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p32...ntary-upgrade/
      Outstanding.
      Thanks.


      He bought it around Christmas this last year.
      ...

    4. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,543
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      03-09-2018 12:43 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      What is cool about the P320 is how the, basically frame rail is the serialized part. Super cool.
      It's actually just the firing control group that's serialized (or is that what you meant by frame rail?):



      The modularity is what makes it so neat in my eyes.
      iain

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      41,639
      Cars
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      03-09-2018 12:51 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      It's actually just the firing control group that's serialized (or is that what you meant by frame rail?):



      The modularity is what makes it so neat in my eyes.
      I'm calling it the frame rail, I think it is called the chassis, because the firing group isn't serializied. I can swap out trigger groups and other pieces on it.

      Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 1999
      Location
      West Chester, PA
      Posts
      7,958
      Cars
      '01 S2K, '18 GSW, '18 CX5 GT
      03-16-2018 11:01 AM #30
      CSB - I bought one of the Star BMs from J+G sales. The one I received is in way better condition than I expected and the gun is a blast to shoot. Very accurate despite it's rattles, lol. It's a '77.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

    8. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2017
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      27
      Cars
      2017 Jetta 1.8T Sport
      03-16-2018 11:48 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      CSB - I bought one of the Star BMs from J+G sales. The one I received is in way better condition than I expected and the gun is a blast to shoot. Very accurate despite it's rattles, lol. It's a '77.
      Saw a couple of these yesterday for sale at a LGS. Never heard of them, so I had to go home and do a little research. Watched couple of YouTube videos. Seems like a nice 1911ish style gun at a very low price.

      Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 1999
      Location
      West Chester, PA
      Posts
      7,958
      Cars
      '01 S2K, '18 GSW, '18 CX5 GT
      03-16-2018 01:25 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Okie21 View Post
      Saw a couple of these yesterday for sale at a LGS. Never heard of them, so I had to go home and do a little research. Watched couple of YouTube videos. Seems like a nice 1911ish style gun at a very low price.

      Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
      What shop? None of the stores around here would bother to stock anything like this. I have to go all the way up to Tanner's just to see a pre-owned selection bigger than one shelf. Funny thing was, when I went to pick it up my FFL said he's received over a dozen of them for customers recently.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

    10. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2017
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      27
      Cars
      2017 Jetta 1.8T Sport
      03-16-2018 03:04 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      What shop? None of the stores around here would bother to stock anything like this. I have to go all the way up to Tanner's just to see a pre-owned selection bigger than one shelf. Funny thing was, when I went to pick it up my FFL said he's received over a dozen of them for customers recently.
      Spar Arms in Mechanicsburg Pa. They were $300 a piece.

      Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Okie21; 03-16-2018 at 03:11 PM.

    11. Member 2.DOH.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2002
      Location
      secret underground "lair"
      Posts
      4,570
      Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      03-18-2018 09:24 PM #34
      Just as a heads up, Southern Ohio Gun has the Model BM in good to very good condition for $199.

      I've ordered from them before.
      Good company to deal with.
      ...

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 1999
      Location
      West Chester, PA
      Posts
      7,958
      Cars
      '01 S2K, '18 GSW, '18 CX5 GT
      03-19-2018 09:39 AM #35
      The BM was a gem on its first trip to the range, but it lived up to it's name and acted like a pile of poo on trip #2 Saturday. In its first test it ate 50 rounds of Winchester white box and a few perfecta without a single hitch. On Saturday I went with my buddy and had federal champion with me, he bought American eagle frkm the range. Suddenly the gun couldn't fire more than 2 or 3 rounds in a row without a failure to extract.

      The smith at the range was interested in it the first time I brought it so I asked him to take a look. He thought the extractor tension was exceptionally weak (true, when compared to my other modern guns) and the hook wouldn't hold a case long enough to hit the ejector when the mag was not in. Luckily there is a vendor that has aftermarket tool steel repros of the extractor and the spring. Looks like the cost just went up $40 for mine. I'll report back after the parts are swapped.

      Another CSB - my buddy and I decided to buy a surplus Beretta 92S when we were buzzed the other night. I handed him $100 towards it for perpetual borrowing rights. I suspect I may just buy one myself for $300 at some point.
      Last edited by MAC; 03-19-2018 at 12:54 PM.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

    13. Member 2.DOH.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2002
      Location
      secret underground "lair"
      Posts
      4,570
      Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      03-22-2018 09:25 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      Another CSB - my buddy and I decided to buy a surplus Beretta 92S when we were buzzed the other night. I handed him $100 towards it for perpetual borrowing rights. I suspect I may just buy one myself for $300 at some point.
      On that note, Southern Ohio Gun has surplus S&W model 64 DAO revolvers for 250. Reviews are solid.
      The bobbed hammer looks a bit goofy & I'd prefer blued as opposed to stainless.


      I don't know why, but I kinda want one.

      Barney Fife hero complex?
      ...

    14. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      41,639
      Cars
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      03-23-2018 07:55 PM #37
      Reddit banned /gundeals


    15. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      Don't move here, either.
      Posts
      11,321
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-23-2018 08:23 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      Reddit banned /gundeals

      yeah, predictable. I think they banned more than a couple gun-related threads. but we still have armslist.com.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

    16. Senior Member NoDubJustYet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      31,850
      Cars
      MkVII GSW & Atlas R-Line
      03-26-2018 01:47 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      yeah, predictable. I think they banned more than a couple gun-related threads. but we still have armslist.com.
      I've had decent luck with https://gun.deals/ .

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2017
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      27
      Cars
      2017 Jetta 1.8T Sport
      03-26-2018 09:31 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      The BM was a gem on its first trip to the range, but it lived up to it's name and acted like a pile of poo on trip #2 Saturday. In its first test it ate 50 rounds of Winchester white box and a few perfecta without a single hitch. On Saturday I went with my buddy and had federal champion with me, he bought American eagle frkm the range. Suddenly the gun couldn't fire more than 2 or 3 rounds in a row without a failure to extract.

      The smith at the range was interested in it the first time I brought it so I asked him to take a look. He thought the extractor tension was exceptionally weak (true, when compared to my other modern guns) and the hook wouldn't hold a case long enough to hit the ejector when the mag was not in. Luckily there is a vendor that has aftermarket tool steel repros of the extractor and the spring. Looks like the cost just went up $40 for mine. I'll report back after the parts are swapped.

      Another CSB - my buddy and I decided to buy a surplus Beretta 92S when we were buzzed the other night. I handed him $100 towards it for perpetual borrowing rights. I suspect I may just buy one myself for $300 at some point.
      Beretta 92fs/M9 is on my bucket list of future gun buys. I shot one briefly at a gun range. It felt great in my hand and was a breeze to shoot. I've seen the surplus 92s's for sale pretty cheap. But that mag release is a huge turn off to me. I don't know if I'd like that. I've seen reviews for the Taurus PT92 and that looks tempting since its much lower in price.

    18. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      Don't move here, either.
      Posts
      11,321
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-27-2018 02:10 PM #41
      Ugh. Doesn't anyone have any affordable AR/5.56 barrels in stock? I'm not paying $300+ for a barrel.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2017
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      27
      Cars
      2017 Jetta 1.8T Sport
      03-27-2018 03:15 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Ugh. Doesn't anyone have any affordable AR/5.56 barrels in stock? I'm not paying $300+ for a barrel.
      Cdnnsports.com

      Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

    20. Senior Member NoDubJustYet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      VA
      Posts
      31,850
      Cars
      MkVII GSW & Atlas R-Line
      03-27-2018 03:48 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Ugh. Doesn't anyone have any affordable AR/5.56 barrels in stock? I'm not paying $300+ for a barrel.
      Can’t find anything from Ballistic Advantage? Find what you like in their site and then search by part number.

    21. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      Don't move here, either.
      Posts
      11,321
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-27-2018 05:03 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Can’t find anything from Ballistic Advantage? Find what you like in their site and then search by part number.
      most of their stuff is sold out. the CDNN site has some upper combos for ~$199 that seem to be a good deal, considering handguards are $175+ alone.

      BA barrels I've found to be in stock here & there for $160-ish. 16" mid-length.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2006
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,212
      03-27-2018 06:23 PM #45
      Hook'em Horns

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 1999
      Location
      West Chester, PA
      Posts
      7,958
      Cars
      '01 S2K, '18 GSW, '18 CX5 GT
      04-02-2018 08:29 AM #46
      My co-owned 92. Well, not anymore. My buddy announced that he wants to get this ceracoated because the slide was painted over the original finish at some point (it is pretty poorly done but I'd just leave it alone). Since I don't agree he handed me my $ back. I'm ordering my own but I have to make sure I'm going to get one with a blued slide. This one ate every round we fed it without a single issue the other night. Hell of a gun for $300 all in.
      Last edited by MAC; 04-02-2018 at 08:35 AM.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2006
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,212
      04-04-2018 05:25 PM #47
      Not sure I get co-owning a gun, but to each their own I suppose.

      In other news, r/gundeals is back!
      Hook'em Horns

    25. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      Don't move here, either.
      Posts
      11,321
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      04-04-2018 05:35 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by LinkATX View Post
      Not sure I get co-owning a gun, but to each their own I suppose.

      In other news, r/gundeals is back!
      I suppose if a shooting can happen at gun-hating YouTube, we're all f**ked, so it doesn't really matter.

      Or... they're feeding user info to BATFE&ReallyReallyBigFires.

      Oh, I bought a barrel off PrimaryArms. I'm awaiting info from Stag Arms for a lefty upper for my wife with the desired barrel length and gas system. That will leave me with an extra upper, which I'll make into a more precision-type rifle. 18" or 20" barrel, rifle-length, probably Wylde. But that's a ways off for now.


      Update: Serious, Stag? They don't make a 16" mid, but apparently they don't even want to sell a lefty upper, either. Read my f**king email, idiots.
      Last edited by GreenandChrome; 04-05-2018 at 02:33 PM.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 1999
      Location
      West Chester, PA
      Posts
      7,958
      Cars
      '01 S2K, '18 GSW, '18 CX5 GT
      05-15-2018 05:21 PM #49
      I sold my ruger mk3 to my buddy and bought a mk4. OMG the button is a miracle!
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

    27. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      Don't move here, either.
      Posts
      11,321
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      05-15-2018 05:36 PM #50
      Saw on TTAG a review for RIA's "Baby Rock." Compact carry 1911 chambered in .380. $460 MSRP. Positive review on TTAG.

      Why I'm interested in a compact .380? The barrel is 3.75", a bit longer than the competition (P238, Mustang, etc.).
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •